Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. men8ifr

Will re-seeding different areas of lawn result in different colored grass?

Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you should be doing your best raindance! You can stand there all day with a hosepipe but nothing beats...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you should be doing your best raindance! You can stand...
    Yes, the new areas would probably look a bit greener and "shinier" but they'll all merge in together soon enough, certainly by next season. The weather would affect the speed of merging in - you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Shents

will old grass seeds grow?

hooray they've started to sprout!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Armature_Gardner

Will my lawn grow?

Its a lovely hose and I did manage to spot it :biggrin: - An Armature is the central winding of an electric motor , thought it was a play on words .
    Its a lovely hose and I did manage to spot it :biggrin: - An Armature is the central winding of an electric motor , thought it was a play on words .
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Winnie

Will Lawnseed Grow in Silt?

Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor hubby has to dig it out, usually about a foot deep, running for 25m x 2ft wide ... back breaking! ...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor hubby has to dig it out, usually about a foot deep,...
    Morning Flinty! Yes, the silt is the grit which has been caught in the silt trap. The stream feeds the pond via a long, narrow silt trap. The silt gets caught in the trap and every year poor...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Calum

Will I over Nitrogen my lawn?

Too much can also burn the grass
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Calum

Will I have to manually remove weeds from lawn?

They'll fall to bits when you rake the lawn (e.g. to get it read for overseeding). If they don't fall to bits then rake it harder :heehee:
    They'll fall to bits when you rake the lawn (e.g. to get it read for overseeding). If they don't fall to bits then rake it harder :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie_Rabbit01

Will grass grow in this bit or is it not worth bothering?

If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online....
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online. Now you're thinking this woman's got an answer for everything! :heehee:
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online. Now you're thinking this woman's got an answer for...
    If you nail the pallets together at the corners it wouldn't take long to destroy them! :) Places like Homebase will deliver for you, costs between £5 and £10 I think and you could order online....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. dortmunder

Will existing grass grow through layer of topsoil?

Actually, he's also a friend who took advice from another gardener before starting. They must both be rubbish gardeners...Thanks for the replies.
    Actually, he's also a friend who took advice from another gardener before starting. They must both be rubbish gardeners...Thanks for the replies.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. james_uk

Will electric mower be safe going over a sewage manhole?

Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a...
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a strimmer
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a strimmer
    Hi as long as the blades are set higher than the obstruction it will be fine but. If you are in doubt run it over while it's NOT running and see if it hits or is close.or as jwk suggests use a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. gardencat

Will a New Lawn work on this surface ?

Your welcome. Preperation of the surface can be a hard work, but the results will more than pay back, as you sit on your greensward, sipping a glass of chilled wine :D
    Your welcome. Preperation of the surface can be a hard work, but the results will more than pay back, as you sit on your greensward, sipping a glass of chilled wine :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Laurence Wilkinson

wildflower lawn

Hi, I would be really grateful for any advice/reassurance on something. I am trying to create a nature trail around a large garden and I thought a great feature would be a wildflower lawn. earlier...
    Hi, I would be really grateful for any advice/reassurance on something. I am trying to create a nature trail around a large garden and I thought a great feature would be a wildflower lawn. earlier in the year I made the garden pond deeper and piled up all the soil I dug out of the bottom....
    Hi, I would be really grateful for any advice/reassurance on something. I am trying to create a nature trail around a large garden and I thought a great feature would be a wildflower lawn. earlier in the year I made the garden pond deeper and...
    Hi, I would be really grateful for any advice/reassurance on something. I am trying to create a nature trail around a large garden and I thought a great feature would be a wildflower lawn. earlier...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ash_xt

Wide blade grass

Just as an FYI for everyone else. Cutting your lawn that short is the quickest way to ruin it. Cutting off all the leaves of any plant (which is what you're doing to the grass) will only weaken it...
    Just as an FYI for everyone else. Cutting your lawn that short is the quickest way to ruin it. Cutting off all the leaves of any plant (which is what you're doing to the grass) will only weaken it over and over again until thins and dies ... that is unless you've got a specific bent grass (like...
    Just as an FYI for everyone else. Cutting your lawn that short is the quickest way to ruin it. Cutting off all the leaves of any plant (which is what you're doing to the grass) will only weaken it over and over again until thins and dies ... that...
    Just as an FYI for everyone else. Cutting your lawn that short is the quickest way to ruin it. Cutting off all the leaves of any plant (which is what you're doing to the grass) will only weaken it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hedgefog

Why so much moss in my lawn?

Another angle view to the lawn.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 23.09.59.png Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 23.15.00.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Scott Power

Why is my grass growing better in patches

I'd try a light sprinkling watered in well,don't think it would do any real harm.
    I'd try a light sprinkling watered in well,don't think it would do any real harm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Calum

Why does my lawn o to seed after only 2 inches?

This time of year they seed as frequently as possible but, form your photo, it looks as though you have a course grass which tends to have tough seed stalks. To keep grass looking good I would...
    This time of year they seed as frequently as possible but, form your photo, it looks as though you have a course grass which tends to have tough seed stalks. To keep grass looking good I would not let it grow that long between cuts. This time of year a good lawn (or even a rubbish lawn like...
    This time of year they seed as frequently as possible but, form your photo, it looks as though you have a course grass which tends to have tough seed stalks. To keep grass looking good I would not let it grow that long between cuts. This time...
    This time of year they seed as frequently as possible but, form your photo, it looks as though you have a course grass which tends to have tough seed stalks. To keep grass looking good I would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DavidGarden

Why does my grass die?

If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general...
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general compost then replant. Fingers crossed.
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general compost then replant. Fingers crossed.
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Apprentice

Which turf is best?

:)Hi Apprentice.. I have Rolawn Medalion.. 14yrs since I laid it I think & I am very pleased with it always have been.. Takes the grand children's games no problem.... I feed several times in...
    :)Hi Apprentice.. I have Rolawn Medalion.. 14yrs since I laid it I think & I am very pleased with it always have been.. Takes the grand children's games no problem.... I feed several times in Spring & again in Autumn & have a lovely lawn.. It was recommended to me & I do not hesitate in...
    :)Hi Apprentice.. I have Rolawn Medalion.. 14yrs since I laid it I think & I am very pleased with it always have been.. Takes the grand children's games no problem.... I feed several times in Spring & again in Autumn & have a lovely lawn.. It was...
    :)Hi Apprentice.. I have Rolawn Medalion.. 14yrs since I laid it I think & I am very pleased with it always have been.. Takes the grand children's games no problem.... I feed several times in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gn0me

Which sprinklers will be best?

The problem with water pressure is that it varies. In areas like South Manchester where we live, the pressure locally has fallen since I installed these in 2012. I think it's because of all the...
    The problem with water pressure is that it varies. In areas like South Manchester where we live, the pressure locally has fallen since I installed these in 2012. I think it's because of all the new builds over time which create a greater load and they don't uprate the pumps (they also reduce the...
    The problem with water pressure is that it varies. In areas like South Manchester where we live, the pressure locally has fallen since I installed these in 2012. I think it's because of all the new builds over time which create a greater load and...
    The problem with water pressure is that it varies. In areas like South Manchester where we live, the pressure locally has fallen since I installed these in 2012. I think it's because of all the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nikirushka

Which seed?

bostonseeds do a low maintenance mixture which might be the answer to your problem. It's the BS Low Maintenance seed and contains a lot of fescue, which is very fine grass but won't stand up to...
    bostonseeds do a low maintenance mixture which might be the answer to your problem. It's the BS Low Maintenance seed and contains a lot of fescue, which is very fine grass but won't stand up to much action if the kids or dawgs get loose on it :)
    bostonseeds do a low maintenance mixture which might be the answer to your problem. It's the BS Low Maintenance seed and contains a lot of fescue, which is very fine grass but won't stand up to much action if the kids or dawgs get loose on it :)
    bostonseeds do a low maintenance mixture which might be the answer to your problem. It's the BS Low Maintenance seed and contains a lot of fescue, which is very fine grass but won't stand up to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. woody

which order

I hope it does too. Let us know what progress you make please. :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice