1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Little Miss Road Rage

I've killed a big patch of lawn what can I do?

I must get round to doing the test patch been busy and been to weymouth today
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. SteveAllart

Stopping Grass in its Tracks

It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So...
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So chin up...onwards and upwards yea.:thumb:
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So chin up...onwards and upwards yea.:thumb:
    It happens mate, but in the horticultural business as well as many others, a lot of work comes from personal recommendation....the bad one's do not get that and eventually drop by the wayside. So...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. hedgefog

Does grass need watering even during winter?

Okay, who "grassed"?:dunno::scratch::doh::heehee: :ideaIPB:I reckon it was the Lawn Ranger:snorky:
    Okay, who "grassed"?:dunno::scratch::doh::heehee: :ideaIPB:I reckon it was the Lawn Ranger:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. devs

Is it now too late to sow a new lawn? Northern Ireland

I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it was music to my ears.I just keep on walking...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Guesty

Recently re-seeded lawn advice

We planted some about 7 or 8 years ago. They're about 12" apart and were about 6" high. They've filled out nice, we've kept them to about 18" high and about 12" wide.
    We planted some about 7 or 8 years ago. They're about 12" apart and were about 6" high. They've filled out nice, we've kept them to about 18" high and about 12" wide.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ellisium

Where do I start?

Elliseum, please ignore the attached file on my post above, I hit a key by mistake and that came up. I've no idea how to get rid of it. :doh:
    Elliseum, please ignore the attached file on my post above, I hit a key by mistake and that came up. I've no idea how to get rid of it. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Welshman

Lawn from scratch

Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Very nice mate.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. domidani

Killing a lawn

Thanks Kris
    Thanks Kris
    Thanks Kris
    Thanks Kris
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Simon Foster

Help Needed from Over-50's Lawn Mower Users.

Me speak Binary. :loll:No I haven't got beyond roman numerals yet. :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Paladin

Easy Mowing

Try freecycle! :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Stingo

Anyone cut their lawn yet?

Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the...
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the excess water drops to ground level then it makes it that bit drier cutting it later
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the excess water drops to ground level then it makes it...
    Cut mine they look ok, what I do this time of the year because the grass is always wet through rain or dew is a few hours before I plan on cutting it I drag a brush all over it this knocks the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Funkar

Best turf for stripy look in a lawn

Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups,...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups, celandine, hawks beard) and with large patches of moss.It's the mower that makes mine look good...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups, celandine, hawks beard) and with large patches of...
    Sorry, I'm no expert on lawns but have a number of my own that need looking after.They always look good with nice stripes on them but they are more than 50% weeds (clover, daisies, buttercups,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hoofy

New lawn from seed, when to test soil?

I've mowed twice a week since you posted this 6 weeks ago and the course grass has almost gone.
    I've mowed twice a week since you posted this 6 weeks ago and the course grass has almost gone.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. silu

Not strictly a lawn but presume principle the same.

Yes unfortunately there is an awful lot of things which go on "behind closed doors" in the farming industry just like pretty much all other industries. Who'd have thought VW would have been up to...
    Yes unfortunately there is an awful lot of things which go on "behind closed doors" in the farming industry just like pretty much all other industries. Who'd have thought VW would have been up to their necks fiddling their emissions statistics! For some years I worked closely with the r and d of...
    Yes unfortunately there is an awful lot of things which go on "behind closed doors" in the farming industry just like pretty much all other industries. Who'd have thought VW would have been up to their necks fiddling their emissions...
    Yes unfortunately there is an awful lot of things which go on "behind closed doors" in the farming industry just like pretty much all other industries. Who'd have thought VW would have been up to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. TheMadHedger

Ride on mower - need some recommendations

Very interesting Paul, it was a fair few years ago when I tried one out. They have obviously been updated somewhat :blue thumb:
    Very interesting Paul, it was a fair few years ago when I tried one out. They have obviously been updated somewhat :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Thyme lawn

Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating that a bit more. And looking at possible alternatives - there are some auction houses locally...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating that a bit more. And looking at possible...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GYO newbie

Boggy lawn

Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and it's going to be a nightmare to do anything worth while with that part of your lawn, so here's what...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and it's going to be a nightmare to do anything worth...
    Hi GYO, The gardening bit scares me to death, but as for your lawn, here's my take on it, you have two choices, it would appear your garden slopes slightly down to the bottom where the clay is and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Calum

Can I renovate a lawn now? or wait till spring?

Ah, sorry forgot about that.Only shade seems to be the divide between you and your neighbour to the South, or perhaps I have missed something? Is that a very high barrier? In Summer a 6' fence...
    Ah, sorry forgot about that.Only shade seems to be the divide between you and your neighbour to the South, or perhaps I have missed something? Is that a very high barrier? In Summer a 6' fence doesn't cast much shadow.Note that you can get a nice stripy lawn with bog standard grass seed,...
    Ah, sorry forgot about that.Only shade seems to be the divide between you and your neighbour to the South, or perhaps I have missed something? Is that a very high barrier? In Summer a 6' fence doesn't cast much shadow.Note that you can get...
    Ah, sorry forgot about that.Only shade seems to be the divide between you and your neighbour to the South, or perhaps I have missed something? Is that a very high barrier? In Summer a 6' fence...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bashy

Sudden yellow patches in my lawn - HELP!!

Perhaps an elderly person, with a large garden, would like to "share" it with someone who could do/help with the work?
    Perhaps an elderly person, with a large garden, would like to "share" it with someone who could do/help with the work?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. turfturfturf

Non-gardener, turf advice, recently flattened garden

I can only go by what I would do, or have done in the past @turfturfturf . There are lawn 'experts' who will no doubt disagree because they see it from a different point of view, and are used to...
    I can only go by what I would do, or have done in the past @turfturfturf . There are lawn 'experts' who will no doubt disagree because they see it from a different point of view, and are used to making and maintaining commercial turfed areas like sports pitches etc, but most gardeners just want...
    I can only go by what I would do, or have done in the past @turfturfturf . There are lawn 'experts' who will no doubt disagree because they see it from a different point of view, and are used to making and maintaining commercial turfed areas...
    I can only go by what I would do, or have done in the past @turfturfturf . There are lawn 'experts' who will no doubt disagree because they see it from a different point of view, and are used to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice