1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. TallPaul

Which lawnmower?

You could keep an eye on adverts in your area and Ebay for picking up an Etesia secondhand.
    You could keep an eye on adverts in your area and Ebay for picking up an Etesia secondhand.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. ricky101

Which Lawn Seed ?

Tricky question! Skip the rye as you probably already have it, go for the slender bladed types often found in the 'luxury' mixes
    Tricky question! Skip the rye as you probably already have it, go for the slender bladed types often found in the 'luxury' mixes
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. mowgley

Which grass seed?

That's made a big difference to the garden Mowgley. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nikirushka

Which grass seed to look for?

I did wonder if that was the case, which is why I wanted to ask here first :)If slow-growing is more of a dream then just looking at different grass types would help. If the whole lawn was the...
    I did wonder if that was the case, which is why I wanted to ask here first :)If slow-growing is more of a dream then just looking at different grass types would help. If the whole lawn was the grass I have up the back it wouldn't be an issue - even very long, that is far, far less of a problem...
    I did wonder if that was the case, which is why I wanted to ask here first :)If slow-growing is more of a dream then just looking at different grass types would help. If the whole lawn was the grass I have up the back it wouldn't be an issue -...
    I did wonder if that was the case, which is why I wanted to ask here first :)If slow-growing is more of a dream then just looking at different grass types would help. If the whole lawn was the...
    CAM02224.jpg CAM02225.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Silver Fox

Which Electric Scarifier???

Hi ClareIt pulled the moss out too - it has 5 height settings I think, but I only used it on 2 or 3 (1 being the lowest).The moss was on a lawn on the shaded side of the house and didn't...
    Hi ClareIt pulled the moss out too - it has 5 height settings I think, but I only used it on 2 or 3 (1 being the lowest).The moss was on a lawn on the shaded side of the house and didn't seem to grow that deep (I'm not much of an expert on moss).Anyway it took it all out (left rather...
    Hi ClareIt pulled the moss out too - it has 5 height settings I think, but I only used it on 2 or 3 (1 being the lowest).The moss was on a lawn on the shaded side of the house and didn't seem to grow that deep (I'm not much of an expert...
    Hi ClareIt pulled the moss out too - it has 5 height settings I think, but I only used it on 2 or 3 (1 being the lowest).The moss was on a lawn on the shaded side of the house and didn't...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clueless1

Where's my grass?

My dog stops it, its so bad I dont know what to do mabie i will grow shrubs and some type of ground cover instead of a lawn.
    My dog stops it, its so bad I dont know what to do mabie i will grow shrubs and some type of ground cover instead of a lawn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. DMC611

Where To Start? Lawn Advice Please...

Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm deep. Make sure you firm well and level well before you lay any turf. The very best way to firm the soil is...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm deep. Make sure you firm well and level well before you lay...
    Hiya Dan.....warm welcome :) Yes, exactly that. A good time to sort your lawn too When you turn over the top level of grass make sure you place it green side down and at least 20 or 30 cm...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sol

Where to start with this grass? (pics posted.)

Shiney - Regarding the second picture, yep this is what we are thinking too. I'm looking forward to being able to take time out from the heavy duty stuff to be honest and focus more on the flowers...
    Shiney - Regarding the second picture, yep this is what we are thinking too. I'm looking forward to being able to take time out from the heavy duty stuff to be honest and focus more on the flowers etc. As soon as the snow has gone we'll get rid of the dead leaves. I'll definitely keep you all...
    Shiney - Regarding the second picture, yep this is what we are thinking too. I'm looking forward to being able to take time out from the heavy duty stuff to be honest and focus more on the flowers etc. As soon as the snow has gone we'll get rid...
    Shiney - Regarding the second picture, yep this is what we are thinking too. I'm looking forward to being able to take time out from the heavy duty stuff to be honest and focus more on the flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scotmac

Where to Start Improving Lawn

Just found it on ITV Player. Lucky the weather is forecast to be wet (as usual) - all the episodes look interesting.
    Just found it on ITV Player. Lucky the weather is forecast to be wet (as usual) - all the episodes look interesting.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Roscoepeko1

Where should i by turf from?

Hi All, Any suggestions for turf suppliers? Looking for a mix to include drafw perennial ryegrass to stand up to dogs kids ect? I am in Birmingham ps - I am guessing at this time of year...
    Hi All, Any suggestions for turf suppliers? Looking for a mix to include drafw perennial ryegrass to stand up to dogs kids ect? I am in Birmingham ps - I am guessing at this time of year I will be better of with turf rather than seed? Cheers
    Hi All, Any suggestions for turf suppliers? Looking for a mix to include drafw perennial ryegrass to stand up to dogs kids ect? I am in Birmingham ps - I am guessing at this time of year I will be better of with turf rather than seed? ...
    Hi All, Any suggestions for turf suppliers? Looking for a mix to include drafw perennial ryegrass to stand up to dogs kids ect? I am in Birmingham ps - I am guessing at this time of year...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lazy-gardener

where shall i put dug up turf?

Lazy-Gardiner, I put all my garden waste in black bin bags, with some water and a few holes, to compost. As you say you can lob them into odd corners and forget them.They are easy to handle,...
    Lazy-Gardiner, I put all my garden waste in black bin bags, with some water and a few holes, to compost. As you say you can lob them into odd corners and forget them.They are easy to handle, and you can have as many as you like. I thought of buying a cheap council Darlek, but the problem is...
    Lazy-Gardiner, I put all my garden waste in black bin bags, with some water and a few holes, to compost. As you say you can lob them into odd corners and forget them.They are easy to handle, and you can have as many as you like. I thought of...
    Lazy-Gardiner, I put all my garden waste in black bin bags, with some water and a few holes, to compost. As you say you can lob them into odd corners and forget them.They are easy to handle,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Ellisium

Where do I start?

Elliseum, please ignore the attached file on my post above, I hit a key by mistake and that came up. I've no idea how to get rid of it. :doh:
    Elliseum, please ignore the attached file on my post above, I hit a key by mistake and that came up. I've no idea how to get rid of it. :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. scatz

Where do I begin?

My lawn has suffered like this in the drought we’ve had; over two months of no rain. The finer grasses, the fescues, have really taken the brunt, which may be the case with yours. Mine is...
    My lawn has suffered like this in the drought we’ve had; over two months of no rain. The finer grasses, the fescues, have really taken the brunt, which may be the case with yours. Mine is recovering but it is taking time. There is no real harm in scarifying but do look closely for fine new...
    My lawn has suffered like this in the drought we’ve had; over two months of no rain. The finer grasses, the fescues, have really taken the brunt, which may be the case with yours. Mine is recovering but it is taking time. There is no real harm in...
    My lawn has suffered like this in the drought we’ve had; over two months of no rain. The finer grasses, the fescues, have really taken the brunt, which may be the case with yours. Mine is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. busybee

Where can i buy good quality turf?

I got a load of turf a couple of years ago from my local garden centre - it's delivered once a week and the day before they get the new batch, the older stuff is reduced to £1.00 per roll.
    I got a load of turf a couple of years ago from my local garden centre - it's delivered once a week and the day before they get the new batch, the older stuff is reduced to £1.00 per roll.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Mowerman

When will you guys start Autumn scarifying (in the UK)

Next year try out MO Bacter on one lawn as an experiment to see what results you get. It's a pet friendly fertiliser that is slow release and will eat away the moss rather than turning it black...
    Next year try out MO Bacter on one lawn as an experiment to see what results you get. It's a pet friendly fertiliser that is slow release and will eat away the moss rather than turning it black and this year I'm very happy with its performance. The lawn which I tried it on is used by dogs, had...
    Next year try out MO Bacter on one lawn as an experiment to see what results you get. It's a pet friendly fertiliser that is slow release and will eat away the moss rather than turning it black and this year I'm very happy with its...
    Next year try out MO Bacter on one lawn as an experiment to see what results you get. It's a pet friendly fertiliser that is slow release and will eat away the moss rather than turning it black...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ArcticFox1977

When to......

Not a real problem for me as I did a last cut when it stopped growing, and at about 1.5" Now it is starting to grow again bright green shoots, so I it gets to 2.5" I will do a cut down to 1.5" if...
    Not a real problem for me as I did a last cut when it stopped growing, and at about 1.5" Now it is starting to grow again bright green shoots, so I it gets to 2.5" I will do a cut down to 1.5" if there is no fear of frost Jack McHammocklashing
    Not a real problem for me as I did a last cut when it stopped growing, and at about 1.5" Now it is starting to grow again bright green shoots, so I it gets to 2.5" I will do a cut down to 1.5" if there is no fear of frost Jack McHammocklashing
    Not a real problem for me as I did a last cut when it stopped growing, and at about 1.5" Now it is starting to grow again bright green shoots, so I it gets to 2.5" I will do a cut down to 1.5" if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. saint_david

When to mow lawn after overseeding?

Hi HarryS, I stick a few spikes (broken canes about 6 ins long) under the plastic to lift it off the ground. A few round the sides to hold it down, acts like a greenhouse and raises the temp and...
    Hi HarryS, I stick a few spikes (broken canes about 6 ins long) under the plastic to lift it off the ground. A few round the sides to hold it down, acts like a greenhouse and raises the temp and humidity thus speeding germination.Another plus point is it keeps the birds off.
    Hi HarryS, I stick a few spikes (broken canes about 6 ins long) under the plastic to lift it off the ground. A few round the sides to hold it down, acts like a greenhouse and raises the temp and humidity thus speeding germination.Another plus...
    Hi HarryS, I stick a few spikes (broken canes about 6 ins long) under the plastic to lift it off the ground. A few round the sides to hold it down, acts like a greenhouse and raises the temp and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. compost maker

when to cut crocus filled lawn

Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut over sometime in June. Seems to work for them and we have glorious displays of spring bulbs every...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut over sometime in June. Seems to work for them and...
    Coucil round here have a lot of grassed areas with naturalised crocus and daffs. What they do is mow the main grass areas but leave the bulb filled areas untill the bulb leaves die back then cut...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Hugo

When should I cut newly laid turf

I had lawn laid nearly 5 weeks ago. When should I try to cut it? The garden centre advised me to wait 8 weeks!!! but it's getting really long.
    I had lawn laid nearly 5 weeks ago. When should I try to cut it? The garden centre advised me to wait 8 weeks!!! but it's getting really long.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. tim091

When is top dressing not top dressing?

Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf...
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing and will add some sand if it looks very composty.
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing and will add some sand if it looks very...
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice