1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Zola

Can I scarify again?

Two weeks since overseed etc, most of the soil seems to have settled down... the grass is coming up well over the new soil patch but a little hard to see in these photos. It was beginning to look...
    Two weeks since overseed etc, most of the soil seems to have settled down... the grass is coming up well over the new soil patch but a little hard to see in these photos. It was beginning to look a bit messy, so I gave it a quick mow on the very highest setting, didnt take much at all. The bag...
    Two weeks since overseed etc, most of the soil seems to have settled down... the grass is coming up well over the new soil patch but a little hard to see in these photos. It was beginning to look a bit messy, so I gave it a quick mow on the very...
    Two weeks since overseed etc, most of the soil seems to have settled down... the grass is coming up well over the new soil patch but a little hard to see in these photos. It was beginning to look...
    862015181655.jpg 16_9th_September_Scarify_Autumn_Feed.jpg 17_14th_September_Top_Dressing_Overseed.jpg 19_27th_September_Recovering__.jpg 27th_September.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

Lawn full of weeds - step by step advice needed pretty please

Hi snorky i leave every year some weeds in the grass like dasiys for bumble bees i also grow borage up a corner and they have little blue flowers and smell like cucumber but the bees love it and...
    Hi snorky i leave every year some weeds in the grass like dasiys for bumble bees i also grow borage up a corner and they have little blue flowers and smell like cucumber but the bees love it and butterflies, they tend to stay in that corner I did have an hedge at the front garden which...
    Hi snorky i leave every year some weeds in the grass like dasiys for bumble bees i also grow borage up a corner and they have little blue flowers and smell like cucumber but the bees love it and butterflies, they tend to stay in that corner I...
    Hi snorky i leave every year some weeds in the grass like dasiys for bumble bees i also grow borage up a corner and they have little blue flowers and smell like cucumber but the bees love it and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. chris_elevate

Investing in a scarifier

Chris is the spreader the one I recommended with the trigger release? If it is then a setting of 6 to 6.5 depending on walking speed will apply at near max recommended amount. Should really...
    Chris is the spreader the one I recommended with the trigger release? If it is then a setting of 6 to 6.5 depending on walking speed will apply at near max recommended amount. Should really calibrate them but that's what I use as a setting, I have a fairly quick walk so I tend to stick to...
    Chris is the spreader the one I recommended with the trigger release? If it is then a setting of 6 to 6.5 depending on walking speed will apply at near max recommended amount. Should really calibrate them but that's what I use as a setting, I...
    Chris is the spreader the one I recommended with the trigger release? If it is then a setting of 6 to 6.5 depending on walking speed will apply at near max recommended amount. Should really...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Spider!

Overseeding lawn

A good lawn always sets off the rest of the garden - and stops people noticing weeds and other perfections, so even if it seemed excessive there is still a hidden gain :)
    A good lawn always sets off the rest of the garden - and stops people noticing weeds and other perfections, so even if it seemed excessive there is still a hidden gain :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Mane

Rough patched in the lawn

Heavy rain forecast for East Anglia on Saturday. That could wash seed away (you run that risk at any time of course, but avoid if it is forecast :) only other tangential thought is that...
    Heavy rain forecast for East Anglia on Saturday. That could wash seed away (you run that risk at any time of course, but avoid if it is forecast :) only other tangential thought is that many/most? spray-on chemicals (such as selective weedkillers) need a period of dry (often 6 hours, maybe 12...
    Heavy rain forecast for East Anglia on Saturday. That could wash seed away (you run that risk at any time of course, but avoid if it is forecast :) only other tangential thought is that many/most? spray-on chemicals (such as selective...
    Heavy rain forecast for East Anglia on Saturday. That could wash seed away (you run that risk at any time of course, but avoid if it is forecast :) only other tangential thought is that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. chipper

My lawn renovation

Thanks Paul.:thmb: Just been on their site and ALS Premier Soluble Iron 4kg = £9.50+ £14.50 postage.
    Thanks Paul.:thmb: Just been on their site and ALS Premier Soluble Iron 4kg = £9.50+ £14.50 postage.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. tim091

When is top dressing not top dressing?

Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf...
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing and will add some sand if it looks very composty.
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf Dressing and will add some sand if it looks very...
    Thanks. That is where I got my bulk bag last autumn. I just need a few bags for lawn repair trhis spring and the minimum that they sell is 20 bags.I have gone with the Westland Lawn and Turf...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sam Laycock

Please help fix my lawn :-/

Just go at the tree any way you like, you won't kill it. Might be nice to expose some trunk so trim the low branches right to the collar at the trunk, and the others just snip off so the tree gets...
    Just go at the tree any way you like, you won't kill it. Might be nice to expose some trunk so trim the low branches right to the collar at the trunk, and the others just snip off so the tree gets shaped in a way you like the look of.The tiny patches that are left - I'm a fan of trying to...
    Just go at the tree any way you like, you won't kill it. Might be nice to expose some trunk so trim the low branches right to the collar at the trunk, and the others just snip off so the tree gets shaped in a way you like the look of.The tiny...
    Just go at the tree any way you like, you won't kill it. Might be nice to expose some trunk so trim the low branches right to the collar at the trunk, and the others just snip off so the tree gets...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JoeyJoJo

Various Questions from a novice! Please help!

You're welcome JoeyJoJo. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. moyra

Lawn's a quagmire - help!

We still have to wade/swim through areas formerly known as "lawn". Still, at least the ducks are happy :doh:
    We still have to wade/swim through areas formerly known as "lawn". Still, at least the ducks are happy :doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. andrewh

Lawns. Love em or hate em?

Thanks, Sam :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jonsav

Dogs and Lawns

;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone yellow and brown. Good job she's an animal lover and the dogs are good boys who never go on the flower...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone yellow and brown. Good job she's an animal lover and...
    ;)Just had to read this because my mum has never forgiven my dog for leaving these patches all over her beautiful lawn when we visit ,:o. Some of them grow up lush and green but others have gone...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Alanna

Lawn advice please

No idea about the summer as moved here recently . I wouldn't say it holds water but it is clay soil
    No idea about the summer as moved here recently . I wouldn't say it holds water but it is clay soil
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. chris_elevate

Seeding a new lawn

Patio is due in a year or twos time and they have a family that need somewhere to play. So hopefully this’ll given them a lawn they can use. That’s the plan anyway.
    Patio is due in a year or twos time and they have a family that need somewhere to play. So hopefully this’ll given them a lawn they can use. That’s the plan anyway.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. hedgefog

Why so much moss in my lawn?

Another angle view to the lawn.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 23.09.59.png Screen Shot 2018-11-01 at 23.15.00.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Fat Controller

Evergreen 4 in 1

I wouldn't bother scarifying until after you've treated the lawn Mr. Grinch. If you're going to use a weed/feed/mosskiller it will kill everything off anyway. Mow first, remembering to leave for...
    I wouldn't bother scarifying until after you've treated the lawn Mr. Grinch. If you're going to use a weed/feed/mosskiller it will kill everything off anyway. Mow first, remembering to leave for 2/3 days before treating. Just a pointer, with all the rain we are having at the moment it's not a...
    I wouldn't bother scarifying until after you've treated the lawn Mr. Grinch. If you're going to use a weed/feed/mosskiller it will kill everything off anyway. Mow first, remembering to leave for 2/3 days before treating. Just a pointer, with...
    I wouldn't bother scarifying until after you've treated the lawn Mr. Grinch. If you're going to use a weed/feed/mosskiller it will kill everything off anyway. Mow first, remembering to leave for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. music
    Like x 3

A good day.

Ya Boo! Fiddlesticks!!! :heehee: :loll:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. shiney

Grass Is Really Growing Now

Shiney: With such a large amount of grass cuttings, any tips on how to compost it quickly and neatly?
    Shiney: With such a large amount of grass cuttings, any tips on how to compost it quickly and neatly?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Rosiemongrel

Crime and Criminal

Ah Rosie the joys of a dog run along the hedge been there, done that although truth be told we haven't got one now (a homemade dog run by the girls that is)our BIG Lad use to do it and to be...
    Ah Rosie the joys of a dog run along the hedge been there, done that although truth be told we haven't got one now (a homemade dog run by the girls that is)our BIG Lad use to do it and to be honest I wouldn't mind having to put up with his little run if I could wish him back.Our two old...
    Ah Rosie the joys of a dog run along the hedge been there, done that although truth be told we haven't got one now (a homemade dog run by the girls that is)our BIG Lad use to do it and to be honest I wouldn't mind having to put up with his little...
    Ah Rosie the joys of a dog run along the hedge been there, done that although truth be told we haven't got one now (a homemade dog run by the girls that is)our BIG Lad use to do it and to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. frustrated

lawn being dug up every night!

That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a look here and see if it looks like your problem - I've got no idea how well this stuff works, but...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a look here and see if it looks like your problem -...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice