1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Allison Taylor

When do you guys aerate your lawns?

That makes sense. From what I read so far, I make the conclusion that the lawn aeration tools one should use depend a lot on the type of soil they have and its condition. The more the soil is...
    That makes sense. From what I read so far, I make the conclusion that the lawn aeration tools one should use depend a lot on the type of soil they have and its condition. The more the soil is compacted, the bigger the hollow tines or spikes should be.
    That makes sense. From what I read so far, I make the conclusion that the lawn aeration tools one should use depend a lot on the type of soil they have and its condition. The more the soil is compacted, the bigger the hollow tines or spikes...
    That makes sense. From what I read so far, I make the conclusion that the lawn aeration tools one should use depend a lot on the type of soil they have and its condition. The more the soil is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rosiemongrel

When can you overseed?

Thanks, everyone. Will wait for a fortnight then!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Nature's Curator

Wheatgrass

I'd like to grow some wheatgrass indoors - not for the usual health tonic reasons - I'd like to have a mini lawn in my house!Has anyone grown wheatgrass? Any idea how long it will keep growing...
    I'd like to grow some wheatgrass indoors - not for the usual health tonic reasons - I'd like to have a mini lawn in my house!Has anyone grown wheatgrass? Any idea how long it will keep growing for? Can I cut it multiple times and keep it growing?Any tips appreciated.Thanks,
    I'd like to grow some wheatgrass indoors - not for the usual health tonic reasons - I'd like to have a mini lawn in my house!Has anyone grown wheatgrass? Any idea how long it will keep growing for? Can I cut it multiple times and keep it...
    I'd like to grow some wheatgrass indoors - not for the usual health tonic reasons - I'd like to have a mini lawn in my house!Has anyone grown wheatgrass? Any idea how long it will keep growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Selleri

What's your Dandelion Strategy?

Good morning another reason for leaving Dandelions alone,I have 3 pairs of goldfinches in my garden and they just love them:blue thumb:
    Good morning another reason for leaving Dandelions alone,I have 3 pairs of goldfinches in my garden and they just love them:blue thumb:
    image.jpeg slug.jpg P1070403.JPG P1070402.JPG 8286E5F9-70D8-44A0-A4EB-19E6DCC8BD4B.jpeg P1070406.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Flinty

What's under your lawn...?

So your choices are either to dig down or build up!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. hoofy

What's this on my friends lawn?

She's not going to bother dealing with it seeing as she's going to be moving in a couple of years and the new owners might not even want to keep the lawn. No point spending all that time and...
    She's not going to bother dealing with it seeing as she's going to be moving in a couple of years and the new owners might not even want to keep the lawn. No point spending all that time and money. I told her she could treat it with moss treatment but that wouldn't sort the underlying problem.
    She's not going to bother dealing with it seeing as she's going to be moving in a couple of years and the new owners might not even want to keep the lawn. No point spending all that time and money. I told her she could treat it with moss...
    She's not going to bother dealing with it seeing as she's going to be moving in a couple of years and the new owners might not even want to keep the lawn. No point spending all that time and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. BJL1953

What's this in my lawn?

It should be easily controlled to be honest but it needs to be actively growing for a selective herbicide to work well. If you tried to treat it in lower temps the success rate drops. I would now...
    It should be easily controlled to be honest but it needs to be actively growing for a selective herbicide to work well. If you tried to treat it in lower temps the success rate drops. I would now wait till the spring then see how the grass is and go from there.
    It should be easily controlled to be honest but it needs to be actively growing for a selective herbicide to work well. If you tried to treat it in lower temps the success rate drops. I would now wait till the spring then see how the grass is...
    It should be easily controlled to be honest but it needs to be actively growing for a selective herbicide to work well. If you tried to treat it in lower temps the success rate drops. I would now...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. busybeeburns

What's this in my lawn... and how do I get rid of it?!

Look up liverwort. Caused by poor drainage and low light. You don’t need a weed killer for that, you need to improve the area for the grass plant.
    Look up liverwort. Caused by poor drainage and low light. You don’t need a weed killer for that, you need to improve the area for the grass plant.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Stigland

What's making these holes?

The one's in our garden are trustworthy, but they have no links to money, just the food I put out for them :)To quote Ronny Barker "they dug another tunnel and put the soil down there" :biggrin:
    The one's in our garden are trustworthy, but they have no links to money, just the food I put out for them :)To quote Ronny Barker "they dug another tunnel and put the soil down there" :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Trunky

What's looking brown in July 2013?

Couldn't bring myself to press the "like" button Trunky :heehee: Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. gardenflop

What's happened to my new lawn?

That looks like a sun job to me...our lawn on the back garden ended up like that in the end after the dog had half ruined it besides.
    That looks like a sun job to me...our lawn on the back garden ended up like that in the end after the dog had half ruined it besides.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. samwalker22

What's happened to my lawn?

This is just worms. I would advise spraying some verdon on the small muddy bits as they are prone for growing weeks in them
    This is just worms. I would advise spraying some verdon on the small muddy bits as they are prone for growing weeks in them
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. BJL1953

What's causing these brown patches in my lawn?

You‘re welcome. Give it a feed then keep us updated. It can be a persistent problem.
    You‘re welcome. Give it a feed then keep us updated. It can be a persistent problem.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. gardenflop

What wrong with my lawn

On a newly laid lawn maybe, but on an established lawn, with all the rain we then had (presumably you too) then I doubt it.The only thing I think is wrong with it is that you are paying to...
    On a newly laid lawn maybe, but on an established lawn, with all the rain we then had (presumably you too) then I doubt it.The only thing I think is wrong with it is that you are paying to put weed killer on the whole lawn, whether it needs it or not. So my preference is separate...
    On a newly laid lawn maybe, but on an established lawn, with all the rain we then had (presumably you too) then I doubt it.The only thing I think is wrong with it is that you are paying to put weed killer on the whole lawn, whether it needs...
    On a newly laid lawn maybe, but on an established lawn, with all the rain we then had (presumably you too) then I doubt it.The only thing I think is wrong with it is that you are paying to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. clanless

What would be reasonable?

Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this...
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this work?Ta Chris
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this work?Ta Chris
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dan M

What weed is this?

It does matter to some of us Pete. :) It may be to late for feeding lawns but I'll be putting down weed killer tomorrow, I'm still fighting dandelions and creeping buttercup.
    It does matter to some of us Pete. :) It may be to late for feeding lawns but I'll be putting down weed killer tomorrow, I'm still fighting dandelions and creeping buttercup.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. newtoitall

What type of soil?

Thank you [emoji6]
    Thank you [emoji6]
    Thank you [emoji6]
    Thank you [emoji6]
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. men8ifr

What type of grass is this?

That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade...
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade turf.
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade turf.
    That looks like standard grade turf.Unless you are prepared to mow weekly with a cylinder mower and religiusly spray,water, feed and scarify then there is no point wasting money on fine grade...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. JJ28

What to do?

It's a toss up between the leaves shading the grass or the damage you do by walking. To be honest walking won't do much harm normally provided it's not frosty. Personally I'd leave the leaves, at...
    It's a toss up between the leaves shading the grass or the damage you do by walking. To be honest walking won't do much harm normally provided it's not frosty. Personally I'd leave the leaves, at the moment on my lawn the worms are doing a great job of aerating. They are pulling some of the...
    It's a toss up between the leaves shading the grass or the damage you do by walking. To be honest walking won't do much harm normally provided it's not frosty. Personally I'd leave the leaves, at the moment on my lawn the worms are doing a great...
    It's a toss up between the leaves shading the grass or the damage you do by walking. To be honest walking won't do much harm normally provided it's not frosty. Personally I'd leave the leaves, at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jblakes

What to do with this?

Lots of great info. Well done everyone
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice