1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. LawnAndOrder
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. New2Gardening

need advice on a long hosepipe (like 40/50m) and sprinklers

There is no loss of pressure but there will be a reduction in flow. Over the lengths we are talking about, not enough to notice.
    There is no loss of pressure but there will be a reduction in flow. Over the lengths we are talking about, not enough to notice.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. james_uk

Fixing a big patch of dead grass

oversow with ryegrass but whatever you use if it isnt getting any light its going to die
    oversow with ryegrass but whatever you use if it isnt getting any light its going to die
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gary Hounsome

Squelchy Soil - Should I Delay Turf?

I’ve just dug an area up that I literally fell into and it’s one end of the drainage. Perhaps had backfilled it too much and not compacted it enough as I went. I’ll refill in stages with a mixture...
    I’ve just dug an area up that I literally fell into and it’s one end of the drainage. Perhaps had backfilled it too much and not compacted it enough as I went. I’ll refill in stages with a mixture of stones and compact as I go. I’m based in Suffolk/Cambridgeshire border so a relatively dry area...
    I’ve just dug an area up that I literally fell into and it’s one end of the drainage. Perhaps had backfilled it too much and not compacted it enough as I went. I’ll refill in stages with a mixture of stones and compact as I go. I’m based in...
    I’ve just dug an area up that I literally fell into and it’s one end of the drainage. Perhaps had backfilled it too much and not compacted it enough as I went. I’ll refill in stages with a mixture...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. TheMadHedger

Mole making a mess of my lawn

Get a cat, dog, snake or falcon with good hunting instincts.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clanless

Lawn sand

As promised some before pictures - the stepping stones and the arch. Thought I'd take advantage of the rain and damp lawn. Only took 5 minutes to get the cores out and another 5 to brush them up...
    As promised some before pictures - the stepping stones and the arch. Thought I'd take advantage of the rain and damp lawn. Only took 5 minutes to get the cores out and another 5 to brush them up and chuck them onto the compost heap. The tool itself is very easy to use - you just step on it to...
    As promised some before pictures - the stepping stones and the arch. Thought I'd take advantage of the rain and damp lawn. Only took 5 minutes to get the cores out and another 5 to brush them up and chuck them onto the compost heap. The tool...
    As promised some before pictures - the stepping stones and the arch. Thought I'd take advantage of the rain and damp lawn. Only took 5 minutes to get the cores out and another 5 to brush them up...
    Before coring.jpg After coring.jpg Before coring arch.jpg After coring arch.jpg Core.jpg Core1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lindyco

Ants! Ants! Ants!

Ants!
    Ants!
    Ants!
    Ants!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Eric Lai

Bad Grass ? Weed ?

it will minimise the looks but it will not eradicate it. You will notice if you feed the lawn, more so with iron that it will be a different shade. Slice it will help but a good scarification in...
    it will minimise the looks but it will not eradicate it. You will notice if you feed the lawn, more so with iron that it will be a different shade. Slice it will help but a good scarification in the autumn and spring would also be beneficial against such grass types.
    it will minimise the looks but it will not eradicate it. You will notice if you feed the lawn, more so with iron that it will be a different shade. Slice it will help but a good scarification in the autumn and spring would also be beneficial...
    it will minimise the looks but it will not eradicate it. You will notice if you feed the lawn, more so with iron that it will be a different shade. Slice it will help but a good scarification in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Eric Lai

Over use of the All IN ONE

It means taking out small plugs of soil to ease compaction. As you walk on the lawn - or with time - the soil on the surface is compacted - this creates a barrier which slows down drainage and...
    It means taking out small plugs of soil to ease compaction. As you walk on the lawn - or with time - the soil on the surface is compacted - this creates a barrier which slows down drainage and means that it is more difficult for water/nutrients to get down to the grass roots.Some advocate...
    It means taking out small plugs of soil to ease compaction. As you walk on the lawn - or with time - the soil on the surface is compacted - this creates a barrier which slows down drainage and means that it is more difficult for water/nutrients...
    It means taking out small plugs of soil to ease compaction. As you walk on the lawn - or with time - the soil on the surface is compacted - this creates a barrier which slows down drainage and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Mattycsl

Help with our garden please

Think it depends on the time and cost to remove all that mot1 as to the cost of using turf or artificial.What made you change your mind ?If you do go for turf, once the mot1 and membrane are...
    Think it depends on the time and cost to remove all that mot1 as to the cost of using turf or artificial.What made you change your mind ?If you do go for turf, once the mot1 and membrane are removed , if you have a decent depth of soil then it should be fine.You want to have a read at the...
    Think it depends on the time and cost to remove all that mot1 as to the cost of using turf or artificial.What made you change your mind ?If you do go for turf, once the mot1 and membrane are removed , if you have a decent depth of soil then...
    Think it depends on the time and cost to remove all that mot1 as to the cost of using turf or artificial.What made you change your mind ?If you do go for turf, once the mot1 and membrane are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. RDM0801

New Build Lawn

Cheers for the photos. What depth is the soil?builders have a bit of a name for leaving not the best soil for lawns. It’s very lumpy so would need to be worked at to make it fine.Normally I...
    Cheers for the photos. What depth is the soil?builders have a bit of a name for leaving not the best soil for lawns. It’s very lumpy so would need to be worked at to make it fine.Normally I would recommend rather than compost a good topsoil content with sand to aid drainage. A lot depends on...
    Cheers for the photos. What depth is the soil?builders have a bit of a name for leaving not the best soil for lawns. It’s very lumpy so would need to be worked at to make it fine.Normally I would recommend rather than compost a good topsoil...
    Cheers for the photos. What depth is the soil?builders have a bit of a name for leaving not the best soil for lawns. It’s very lumpy so would need to be worked at to make it fine.Normally I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sophocles

Screened soil for lawn - what size is okay?

Hi, No lawn expert but had a couple of lawns made from seed and turf, but never needed to sieve the soil ? Just dig it over, rake it level, heel it in and rake again removing any large stones...
    Hi, No lawn expert but had a couple of lawns made from seed and turf, but never needed to sieve the soil ? Just dig it over, rake it level, heel it in and rake again removing any large stones etc.Sieving all that soil sounds like a long and painful job, if you must, though one of these...
    Hi, No lawn expert but had a couple of lawns made from seed and turf, but never needed to sieve the soil ? Just dig it over, rake it level, heel it in and rake again removing any large stones etc.Sieving all that soil sounds like a long and...
    Hi, No lawn expert but had a couple of lawns made from seed and turf, but never needed to sieve the soil ? Just dig it over, rake it level, heel it in and rake again removing any large stones...
    001160.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Jocko

Troublesome area of grass.

@Liz the pot Thanks. I was out this morning and I think it really needs lifting, levelling and reseeding or I live with what I have. I think it will have to be the second option. Now that I am...
    @Liz the pot Thanks. I was out this morning and I think it really needs lifting, levelling and reseeding or I live with what I have. I think it will have to be the second option. Now that I am resident in the house (instead of just mowing the grass for my mother-in-law) I will mow it a couple of...
    @Liz the pot Thanks. I was out this morning and I think it really needs lifting, levelling and reseeding or I live with what I have. I think it will have to be the second option. Now that I am resident in the house (instead of just mowing the...
    @Liz the pot Thanks. I was out this morning and I think it really needs lifting, levelling and reseeding or I live with what I have. I think it will have to be the second option. Now that I am...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jocko

Lawn weed killer.

I still have half the pack to apply this year, I've been waiting for the right weather conditions i.e. rain! I could use a sprinkler but too mean to pay as I'm on a meter.
    I still have half the pack to apply this year, I've been waiting for the right weather conditions i.e. rain! I could use a sprinkler but too mean to pay as I'm on a meter.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. LawnAndOrder

Recently Over-seeded Lawn

To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gn0me

Polythene sheeting a good idea?

Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits....
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits. I'm currently using sunflower hearts and fat balls. All birds eat the sunflower hearts apart from...
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits. I'm currently using sunflower hearts and fat...
    Thank you so much for that test, seems to confirm what was happening in the video....and makes me feel better after overseeding my lawn!Selleri is right, they are odd with their feeding habits....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BobCarolgees

Rebuilding lawn/soil after house renovations

Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I prepare it for a lawn? I was thinking of just digging...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    IMG_6292.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. paultall90

hand push cylinder advice please

Thank you :spinning:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. George Bryson

New Lawn Gone Patchy

thanks for the update. Don’t worry about the late reply, I’ve been busy too as I’m working till 25th of this month before I get a day off! The joys of Greenkeeping and club championship plus I had...
    thanks for the update. Don’t worry about the late reply, I’ve been busy too as I’m working till 25th of this month before I get a day off! The joys of Greenkeeping and club championship plus I had a nice reward for my work so far.
    thanks for the update. Don’t worry about the late reply, I’ve been busy too as I’m working till 25th of this month before I get a day off! The joys of Greenkeeping and club championship plus I had a nice reward for my work so far.
    thanks for the update. Don’t worry about the late reply, I’ve been busy too as I’m working till 25th of this month before I get a day off! The joys of Greenkeeping and club championship plus I had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sunny Sam

I HAVE COMPLETELY RUINED MY LAWN!

To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of fertilisers.with what’s called straight feeds you can adjust the levels but with weed and feeds you have to apply...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of fertilisers.with what’s called straight feeds you can adjust...
    To make life easier either use a liquid based feed as there are less chances of scorching or use a drop spreader like the Scott’s one which has the settings for Evergreens range of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice