1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Matthew Barnes

What to do with my lawn

Agree with It will save you a few bob on soil to as there looks to be quite a lot in those raised beds.
    Agree with It will save you a few bob on soil to as there looks to be quite a lot in those raised beds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Passport1

What to do with Lawn

As Sandy stated you should be able to get a basic ph tester at a local garden centre and then you do a plotted test and record the results. Iron is great at controlling moss but you can alter the...
    As Sandy stated you should be able to get a basic ph tester at a local garden centre and then you do a plotted test and record the results. Iron is great at controlling moss but you can alter the soil levels if too much is applied but you would have to apply a lot over time for this. Moss is a...
    As Sandy stated you should be able to get a basic ph tester at a local garden centre and then you do a plotted test and record the results. Iron is great at controlling moss but you can alter the soil levels if too much is applied but you would...
    As Sandy stated you should be able to get a basic ph tester at a local garden centre and then you do a plotted test and record the results. Iron is great at controlling moss but you can alter the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. tim091

what to do with dead grass in lawn?

Thank you for the top advice as always.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. will_doyle

What to do to my lawn? Pics included

hi just a quick question, how do you get the pictures big like that ? mine just come up as thumbnail things lol
    hi just a quick question, how do you get the pictures big like that ? mine just come up as thumbnail things lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. divad

What to do in first year of a newly sown lawn

Last year (autumn) I killed, dug, levelled and re-seeded my lawn with good quality shade tolerant grass. Success! It looks good. Its could do with being a bit denser, I get wheel tracks...
    Last year (autumn) I killed, dug, levelled and re-seeded my lawn with good quality shade tolerant grass. Success! It looks good. Its could do with being a bit denser, I get wheel tracks (flattened grass) after mowing that last a few days, and a few weeds are appearing but I'm happy. What...
    Last year (autumn) I killed, dug, levelled and re-seeded my lawn with good quality shade tolerant grass. Success! It looks good. Its could do with being a bit denser, I get wheel tracks (flattened grass) after mowing that last a few days, and a...
    Last year (autumn) I killed, dug, levelled and re-seeded my lawn with good quality shade tolerant grass. Success! It looks good. Its could do with being a bit denser, I get wheel tracks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. stevo67

what should I do first

Hi guys thanks for the replies. After a bit of reading I have discovered that seaweed feed would be more to aid soil improvement So I intend to add this first and then an early spring fertilizer...
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. After a bit of reading I have discovered that seaweed feed would be more to aid soil improvement So I intend to add this first and then an early spring fertilizer that is high in nitrogen and potassium but I am unsure where I can buy this? attached a couple of...
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. After a bit of reading I have discovered that seaweed feed would be more to aid soil improvement So I intend to add this first and then an early spring fertilizer that is high in nitrogen and potassium but I am...
    Hi guys thanks for the replies. After a bit of reading I have discovered that seaweed feed would be more to aid soil improvement So I intend to add this first and then an early spring fertilizer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Linsey

What price is lawn turf

How much should it cost me to cover 14sq metres with new lawn turf. And any laying tips anyone may have for me. Thanks !
    How much should it cost me to cover 14sq metres with new lawn turf. And any laying tips anyone may have for me. Thanks !
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. scatz

What order to do things in?

Possibly its just been cut "when long" a few times. If you cut it regularly that may improve it hugely (not to say that you can't help it along too though). Try not to cut more than 1/3rd off...
    Possibly its just been cut "when long" a few times. If you cut it regularly that may improve it hugely (not to say that you can't help it along too though). Try not to cut more than 1/3rd off each time, otherwise you'll get the yellow patches that look like the ones in your photo Killing the...
    Possibly its just been cut "when long" a few times. If you cut it regularly that may improve it hugely (not to say that you can't help it along too though). Try not to cut more than 1/3rd off each time, otherwise you'll get the yellow patches...
    Possibly its just been cut "when long" a few times. If you cut it regularly that may improve it hugely (not to say that you can't help it along too though). Try not to cut more than 1/3rd off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. iam007

What order to do everything?

Morning @Sheal , I'm very much a beginner I'm afraid! This is my first garden and the grass is just the first thing I'm tackling! It's currently in quite good condition, very pretty and has...
    Morning @Sheal , I'm very much a beginner I'm afraid! This is my first garden and the grass is just the first thing I'm tackling! It's currently in quite good condition, very pretty and has obviously been well cared for by someone who knew what they were doing... I'm determined not to let it...
    Morning @Sheal , I'm very much a beginner I'm afraid! This is my first garden and the grass is just the first thing I'm tackling! It's currently in quite good condition, very pretty and has obviously been well cared for by someone who knew what...
    Morning @Sheal , I'm very much a beginner I'm afraid! This is my first garden and the grass is just the first thing I'm tackling! It's currently in quite good condition, very pretty and has...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Gn0me

What lies beneath?

How big is the hole across, I know the talk is of drainage, my first thought was rotary clothes line.
    How big is the hole across, I know the talk is of drainage, my first thought was rotary clothes line.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. snadge

what length should i cut my grass?

I had a neighbor, he moved out. He actually would take a ruler to his lawn and measure the inches of his grass. Now a new family lives there. He would have a major heart atach if he saw what...
    I had a neighbor, he moved out. He actually would take a ruler to his lawn and measure the inches of his grass. Now a new family lives there. He would have a major heart atach if he saw what they did not do to his glorious lawn.
    I had a neighbor, he moved out. He actually would take a ruler to his lawn and measure the inches of his grass. Now a new family lives there. He would have a major heart atach if he saw what they did not do to his glorious lawn.
    I had a neighbor, he moved out. He actually would take a ruler to his lawn and measure the inches of his grass. Now a new family lives there. He would have a major heart atach if he saw what...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Non-gardener Phil

What is this stuff growing in my "lawn"?

Dutch hoe type method would this work. Keep chopping off any new growth and hopefully the plant will weaken and die. May be worth a try.
    Dutch hoe type method would this work. Keep chopping off any new growth and hopefully the plant will weaken and die. May be worth a try.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Stig

what is this in my lawn?

Thak you everyone. That puts my mind at ease as I was starting to think I had another weed type to kill.
    Thak you everyone. That puts my mind at ease as I was starting to think I had another weed type to kill.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kevin Cowans

What is the recommended cutting height for a general purpose lawn?

Hello @Liz the potThanks for the reply and the information.I will start at 2" and hopefully that will work for my conditions.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Liz the potThanks for the reply and the information.I will start at 2" and hopefully that will work for my conditions.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. deadfrog66

What is the best way to get my lawn back to good.?

No it shouldn't be to late to re-seed. Grass needs a temperature of 12C or above to germinate, below that it will struggle, if it germinates at all. :)
    No it shouldn't be to late to re-seed. Grass needs a temperature of 12C or above to germinate, below that it will struggle, if it germinates at all. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. d4gl15h

What is the best turf you can get ????

I am a newbie too I am afraid, but the best TURF would depend on what it is you wanted it for Kids playing on, crown green bowls, 18th hole on the course, family drying green, Can you chuck some...
    I am a newbie too I am afraid, but the best TURF would depend on what it is you wanted it for Kids playing on, crown green bowls, 18th hole on the course, family drying green, Can you chuck some more info on what you want out of it please Jack McHammocklashing
    I am a newbie too I am afraid, but the best TURF would depend on what it is you wanted it for Kids playing on, crown green bowls, 18th hole on the course, family drying green, Can you chuck some more info on what you want out of it please Jack...
    I am a newbie too I am afraid, but the best TURF would depend on what it is you wanted it for Kids playing on, crown green bowls, 18th hole on the course, family drying green, Can you chuck some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Dave0w

What is the best feed for a new turf lawn.

A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their...
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their own or bags of chicken pellets. Don't go higher than about 8/8/8.
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their own or bags of chicken pellets. Don't go higher...
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. compost maker

WHAT IS SCARIFYING A LAWN

Cheers for the invalued advice ian@ideal :DAnd welcome to the site :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Joanna Louise

What Is Happening To My Grass?

Just for curiosity try putting some black polythene over the patch and leave overnight,in the morning turn it over and see if there are any critters there:blue thumb: may need to try t a couple of times.
    Just for curiosity try putting some black polythene over the patch and leave overnight,in the morning turn it over and see if there are any critters there:blue thumb: may need to try t a couple of times.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. marrittm

what is best way to remove grass

Nothing wrong with doing it by hand if its a small area, but you still need to let the weedkiller work. Digging or rotovating alone will not kill the grass and weeds off.
    Nothing wrong with doing it by hand if its a small area, but you still need to let the weedkiller work. Digging or rotovating alone will not kill the grass and weeds off.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice