1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Calum

Patch magic, when can I cut?

by "short" I mean 2inches. It was getting to like 4inches. I just cut it. Just in the nick of time. Didnt harm the patch magic bits.
    by "short" I mean 2inches. It was getting to like 4inches. I just cut it. Just in the nick of time. Didnt harm the patch magic bits.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. LawnAndOrder

Recently Over-seeded Lawn

To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA returns.
    To merit such an accolade from “Liz” is the equivalent of receiving a knighthood!A Law(n) Knight now, I am honoured and will endeavour to remain worthy, come what May 2023, when the dreaded PA...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tangle

Paving sets as lawn edge / mowing strip?

Call me Mr Organic, but Ive always found a dose of 6 inches of ROUNDUP soon solves that problem. If you put paving etc down you just have a new edge to manage. good luck
    Call me Mr Organic, but Ive always found a dose of 6 inches of ROUNDUP soon solves that problem. If you put paving etc down you just have a new edge to manage. good luck
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gooner

Worm Casts on Lawn

Hi md, I bought some last year from local petshop by Vetzyme. It was for my sister's 2 dogs who tend to use gravel- apparently it worked well!
    Hi md, I bought some last year from local petshop by Vetzyme. It was for my sister's 2 dogs who tend to use gravel- apparently it worked well!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Car.crash

Building a new lawn

I would say that it's done well and for the minimal cost it looks good. Just treated it with verdone then I'll fertilise again as its 6 weeks is up.
    I would say that it's done well and for the minimal cost it looks good. Just treated it with verdone then I'll fertilise again as its 6 weeks is up.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Surfer

Lawn edging question

Hi, What I meant was once the concrete has dried, I used mortar to fill in the gaps between the bricks. The bricks only "sit" in the concrete, half of each should be proud of the mix. I should...
    Hi, What I meant was once the concrete has dried, I used mortar to fill in the gaps between the bricks. The bricks only "sit" in the concrete, half of each should be proud of the mix. I should have mentioned that with an only damp concrete mix, I always wet just the underside of each brick with...
    Hi, What I meant was once the concrete has dried, I used mortar to fill in the gaps between the bricks. The bricks only "sit" in the concrete, half of each should be proud of the mix. I should have mentioned that with an only damp concrete mix, I...
    Hi, What I meant was once the concrete has dried, I used mortar to fill in the gaps between the bricks. The bricks only "sit" in the concrete, half of each should be proud of the mix. I should...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Lad

Lawn grass improvers. waste of money!

Indeed!Just didn't want anyone getting their bucket out and knocking on the door :)
    Indeed!Just didn't want anyone getting their bucket out and knocking on the door :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. simon_the _shrub

lawn conundrum

mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than...
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than the top 1/3 of lawn
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than the top 1/3 of lawn
    mow it twice .... but wait till midday or early afternoon on the 1st pass, raise the mower then wait a while, lower the mower to the correct height and mow again, but don't remove more than...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. qwertyjjj

Urine resistant grass / dog proof

Thanks plantstar, ill try that, at the minute she's eating anything i give her :) and im gonna persevere with the sauce...
    Thanks plantstar, ill try that, at the minute she's eating anything i give her :) and im gonna persevere with the sauce...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. irwit

Turfing over wood chip?

Indeed, but I was more concerned that it would restrict root-run (turf may dry out, and also be starved of nutrients as a result) and as the bark decomposes the turf will sink.
    Indeed, but I was more concerned that it would restrict root-run (turf may dry out, and also be starved of nutrients as a result) and as the bark decomposes the turf will sink.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. lesley1978

Overseeding?

Wow! That's made a big difference Lesley. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Renee

This fungus is ruining my lawn

There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that effective.The sensible course of action is to dismantle a small section of the wall and get the stump...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that effective.The sensible course of action is to dismantle...
    There arent really any trade products suitable, a few for clearing fairy rings on golf courses and a few general fungicides but these are all VERY expensive and probably wouldnt be that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. GazSuttonUK

Top dressing lawn..

I use builders sharp sand in my compost for potting on and for cuttings with no ill effects, it’s so much cheaper than horticultural sand. I’ve heard it say that builder’s sharp sand can contain...
    I use builders sharp sand in my compost for potting on and for cuttings with no ill effects, it’s so much cheaper than horticultural sand. I’ve heard it say that builder’s sharp sand can contain excessive salts, but the horticultural sand is just the same except it’s been washed as far as I...
    I use builders sharp sand in my compost for potting on and for cuttings with no ill effects, it’s so much cheaper than horticultural sand. I’ve heard it say that builder’s sharp sand can contain excessive salts, but the horticultural sand is just...
    I use builders sharp sand in my compost for potting on and for cuttings with no ill effects, it’s so much cheaper than horticultural sand. I’ve heard it say that builder’s sharp sand can contain...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller
    Like x 3

Operation 'Lawn' is in full swing!

At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty...
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty good - definitely worth the effort.
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty good - definitely worth the effort.
    At the moment, it is too long! I am back at work, and when I have had time off it has been p-p-p-p-persisting down with rain, hence the lawn is in dire need of a mowing. Otherwise, it is pretty...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. DariusX

Lawn tufts - help needed

Hi Darius Could well indeed be the coarser grasses as Steve suggests but sounds like Couch grass to me, I have it in my garden, although considerably less than when I moved in - its a matter for...
    Hi Darius Could well indeed be the coarser grasses as Steve suggests but sounds like Couch grass to me, I have it in my garden, although considerably less than when I moved in - its a matter for perseverance :rolleyes: ! check out this link ...
    Hi Darius Could well indeed be the coarser grasses as Steve suggests but sounds like Couch grass to me, I have it in my garden, although considerably less than when I moved in - its a matter for perseverance :rolleyes: ! check out this link ...
    Hi Darius Could well indeed be the coarser grasses as Steve suggests but sounds like Couch grass to me, I have it in my garden, although considerably less than when I moved in - its a matter for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. mnw1let

Moss from lawn

Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots...
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots longer.letty
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots longer.letty
    Hello Beechleaf,Makka, Paul and Dave, Thanks for your advices and informations. I am surely learning some tips now. I think I am going to bin it or put it in a separate composter as it rots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. GardenerNewbie

Neglected Tufty Lawn

"Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about the same cost. Both are heavy, so its all in the cost of transporting it. If you have a large area...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about the same cost. Both are heavy, so its all in the...
    "Shoud I add the sand and top soil now or wait until early autumn?"Do that at the time you over-seed (personally I would do that in the Autumn)I would think that Sand and Soil will be about...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gooseh

"Yellow" Lawn problem

Are you having a hair crisis?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kristen

Selective Lawn Weedkiller Application Rate

Good plan! It's a very odd dilution rate. Your email probably fell into the 'too difficult' pile and the person couldn't be bothered checking properly. I have self heal too, mostly I just let it...
    Good plan! It's a very odd dilution rate. Your email probably fell into the 'too difficult' pile and the person couldn't be bothered checking properly. I have self heal too, mostly I just let it get on with things! Once it spreads too far I pull a large clump up at a time. Otherwise I'd go...
    Good plan! It's a very odd dilution rate. Your email probably fell into the 'too difficult' pile and the person couldn't be bothered checking properly. I have self heal too, mostly I just let it get on with things! Once it spreads too far I...
    Good plan! It's a very odd dilution rate. Your email probably fell into the 'too difficult' pile and the person couldn't be bothered checking properly. I have self heal too, mostly I just let it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. nikirushka

Thyme lawn

Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating that a bit more. And looking at possible alternatives - there are some auction houses locally...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating that a bit more. And looking at possible...
    Oh, that would be bliss. Far too expensive though. And, dog poo :snork: Too many horror stories!But, I have found a couple of the brands Liz mentioned on ebay for a decent price so I'm investigating...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice