Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Wildman10

Grass dying

I replaced the topsoil in the affected areas and reseeded. I’ll update this next year when the area has gone through a full year’s cycle.Thanks again, all, for your help and interest.
    I replaced the topsoil in the affected areas and reseeded. I’ll update this next year when the area has gone through a full year’s cycle.Thanks again, all, for your help and interest.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. has bean counter

Anyone experience of Mo Bacter moss killer?

Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Thanks Tomcat
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Palustris

Liming the lawn

The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to recheck the pH. I use the one commnly known as Dolomite Flour.Even if I dont use fertiliser any more,...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to recheck the pH. I use the one commnly known as Dolomite...
    The very best time toapply lime is not now, but in early Autumn. Do take a pH reading first though to arrive at the correct quantity per square metre. Then take a second reading in Spring to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Finston Pickle

Mower for meadow grass

No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl /...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl / husqvarna can be had for £150 - 200 if you look around. It does say the Hyundai is 2 stroke .How...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl / husqvarna can be had for £150 - 200 if you look...
    No I haven't used anything like that its quite expensive for what it is. I use pro strimmers or larger machines for such task but strimmer's are easy enough to get hold of 2nd hand pro stihl /...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Welshman

New lawn being laid from seed.

Forgot to add to this thread. The soil and composting was completed last weekend and all the grass seed added too…….just have to wait now
    Forgot to add to this thread. The soil and composting was completed last weekend and all the grass seed added too…….just have to wait now
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gn0me

Cutting damp grass

Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the leaves up from a huge oak tree at the back of my garden and other trees next door without...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the leaves up from a huge oak tree at the back of...
    Hi i know some do cut the grass but personally once October comes i never bother cutting the grass till march i make sure to weed and feed the grass but no cutting i have enough clearing the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phoozzle

Extreme Lawn Rescue

Looks ok to me. Just keep the needles swept up and the grass mown. Next spring treat with a lawn specific weedkiller such as verdone and all should be well
    Looks ok to me. Just keep the needles swept up and the grass mown. Next spring treat with a lawn specific weedkiller such as verdone and all should be well
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Ricky187

Are these worm castings?

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. JAS

Robotic Mower - bit the bullet

I thought that too @JWK . :) Did you notice that the parts of the lawn that had grass the mower had actually produced stripes on?
    I thought that too @JWK . :) Did you notice that the parts of the lawn that had grass the mower had actually produced stripes on?
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Welshman

Worm casts on new lawn

NutriFlo Casting 10LI can’t comment on its performance as I’ve not tried it but on small lawns I like you tend to brush them. Iron does deter but it’s short lived and you can’t keep repeating it.
    NutriFlo Casting 10LI can’t comment on its performance as I’ve not tried it but on small lawns I like you tend to brush them. Iron does deter but it’s short lived and you can’t keep repeating it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Alan Ping

Lawn Discolouration

I think it’s best to look at local or trade suppliers in Germany as I don’t know the products there. Most products will have the area covered and may include other info like amount per set...
    I think it’s best to look at local or trade suppliers in Germany as I don’t know the products there. Most products will have the area covered and may include other info like amount per set volume. With spraying it’s working out the area, volume of water, spray width, discharge rate and speed of...
    I think it’s best to look at local or trade suppliers in Germany as I don’t know the products there. Most products will have the area covered and may include other info like amount per set volume. With spraying it’s working out the area, volume...
    I think it’s best to look at local or trade suppliers in Germany as I don’t know the products there. Most products will have the area covered and may include other info like amount per set...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. ricky101

Lawn Weed ?

some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use...
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use glyphosate.
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use glyphosate.
    some weeds are difficult to eradicate even with herbicide, a few need multiple applications. I'd use a hand sprayer for spot spraying instead of doing the whole lawn again. or use a brush and use...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. hoofy

Lawn & Order: Keep Off the Grass!

Shocking, its not even on catch up
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. hoofy

Thoughts on a lawn feed product

That website will be for domestic sales only. For professional usage they will be using bespoke products, which the groundsman will need to have had the soil analysed first. What you use will not...
    That website will be for domestic sales only. For professional usage they will be using bespoke products, which the groundsman will need to have had the soil analysed first. What you use will not be the same product that the professional will use. I know who they are, but by their company name,...
    That website will be for domestic sales only. For professional usage they will be using bespoke products, which the groundsman will need to have had the soil analysed first. What you use will not be the same product that the professional will...
    That website will be for domestic sales only. For professional usage they will be using bespoke products, which the groundsman will need to have had the soil analysed first. What you use will not...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Fran Hurren

New laid turf - us this normal ?

Thank you for the help.
    Thank you for the help.
    Thank you for the help.
    Thank you for the help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. MountainMike

Lawns and a Confession.

A further question about my lawn project please. Could anyone tell me what weight and size turf comes in and is it straightforward to lay it? Thanks.
    A further question about my lawn project please. Could anyone tell me what weight and size turf comes in and is it straightforward to lay it? Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Ashley Owen

Lawn is Ruined.

I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love the clover and it is green! From far away it looks not too bad, in reality! Growing the perfect lawn...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love the clover and it is green! From far away it looks...
    I am not an expert on lawns by any means and have what I describe as short meadow here. I could not in all honesty say our grass is a lawn being predominately clover and moss but the bees love...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jack Sparrow

Lawnmower clogging

Thats a wetland meadow, not grass lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nightofjoy

Lawn completely out of control with weeds

In Alan Titchmarsh's book 'supergardener' he explains a cheap easy method to bring an abandoned lawn under control. "The idler's Lawn" page 199. He says, first cut down all the long growth with a...
    In Alan Titchmarsh's book 'supergardener' he explains a cheap easy method to bring an abandoned lawn under control. "The idler's Lawn" page 199. He says, first cut down all the long growth with a sythe/shears or strimmer. Then mow the area with a good rotary mower. Continue to mow the rough area...
    In Alan Titchmarsh's book 'supergardener' he explains a cheap easy method to bring an abandoned lawn under control. "The idler's Lawn" page 199. He says, first cut down all the long growth with a sythe/shears or strimmer. Then mow the area with a...
    In Alan Titchmarsh's book 'supergardener' he explains a cheap easy method to bring an abandoned lawn under control. "The idler's Lawn" page 199. He says, first cut down all the long growth with a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Paul Brennan

Newish to Gardening and lawns, Mistakes made!

Some great advice in this thread so far. If your lawn care routine isn't working out in the long run, I would recommend using a soil test kit. I've seen a lot of issues with new builds as Liz...
    Some great advice in this thread so far. If your lawn care routine isn't working out in the long run, I would recommend using a soil test kit. I've seen a lot of issues with new builds as Liz mentioned and sometimes you really need to test the soil and see what the pH is like - there are also...
    Some great advice in this thread so far. If your lawn care routine isn't working out in the long run, I would recommend using a soil test kit. I've seen a lot of issues with new builds as Liz mentioned and sometimes you really need to test the...
    Some great advice in this thread so far. If your lawn care routine isn't working out in the long run, I would recommend using a soil test kit. I've seen a lot of issues with new builds as Liz...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice