Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. beany_bot

How long for grass seed to germinate?

Thanks to Tommy- topsoil, sand and almost the entire contents of my water butt.:D
    Thanks to Tommy- topsoil, sand and almost the entire contents of my water butt.:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. buel

Trouble getting lawn to grow healthy-Please help?

Start doing it by hand, go for the bigger ones, and if you find there are too many, then you can use the weedkiller on the smaller ones. You will be suprised at how quickly you will find that...
    Start doing it by hand, go for the bigger ones, and if you find there are too many, then you can use the weedkiller on the smaller ones. You will be suprised at how quickly you will find that they are not as prominent in the lawn, and it can be an on going process.Hope this Helps!
    Start doing it by hand, go for the bigger ones, and if you find there are too many, then you can use the weedkiller on the smaller ones. You will be suprised at how quickly you will find that they are not as prominent in the lawn, and it can be...
    Start doing it by hand, go for the bigger ones, and if you find there are too many, then you can use the weedkiller on the smaller ones. You will be suprised at how quickly you will find that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. nickp

My lawn is driving me crazy ...

Looks to me as it just needs a short cut and GOOD scarification by machine. Mine looked exactly like that.
    Looks to me as it just needs a short cut and GOOD scarification by machine. Mine looked exactly like that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. marty 600

Multiple Ants nest on Lawn - how to get rid of???

Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the bird's parasites. Ants in the garden do very little damage - they may loosen the soil under an...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the bird's parasites. Ants in the garden do very...
    Yes, but have you ever seen blackbirds and starlings anting? They preen themselves in ants and let them run into their feathers. The theory is that the ants squirt out formic acid which kills the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. DavidGarden

Why does my grass die?

If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general...
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general compost then replant. Fingers crossed.
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general compost then replant. Fingers crossed.
    If it is any consolation I have the same problem in exactly the same spot. Tried everything now I have planted grass seed in a large seed tray then I am going to dig it up put in some general...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kevin Cowans

Cancelled GreenThumb: Need Lawn Care Advice

Iron is good, while it greens up the grass it helps to toughen the grass plant. Just need some care but a natural source of iron is found in seaweed products. I just find that seaweed needs...
    Iron is good, while it greens up the grass it helps to toughen the grass plant. Just need some care but a natural source of iron is found in seaweed products. I just find that seaweed needs additional help.
    Iron is good, while it greens up the grass it helps to toughen the grass plant. Just need some care but a natural source of iron is found in seaweed products. I just find that seaweed needs additional help.
    Iron is good, while it greens up the grass it helps to toughen the grass plant. Just need some care but a natural source of iron is found in seaweed products. I just find that seaweed needs...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Stigland

What's making these holes?

The one's in our garden are trustworthy, but they have no links to money, just the food I put out for them :)To quote Ronny Barker "they dug another tunnel and put the soil down there" :biggrin:
    The one's in our garden are trustworthy, but they have no links to money, just the food I put out for them :)To quote Ronny Barker "they dug another tunnel and put the soil down there" :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. JonathanPark

Clueless ! Turf or seed ?

Looks like you are cutting too low jonathan. Raise the cut and try to mow at least once a week. Keep well watered too :) For me regular mowing and higher cut are two of the most important things...
    Looks like you are cutting too low jonathan. Raise the cut and try to mow at least once a week. Keep well watered too :) For me regular mowing and higher cut are two of the most important things to do to a lawn right now
    Looks like you are cutting too low jonathan. Raise the cut and try to mow at least once a week. Keep well watered too :) For me regular mowing and higher cut are two of the most important things to do to a lawn right now
    Looks like you are cutting too low jonathan. Raise the cut and try to mow at least once a week. Keep well watered too :) For me regular mowing and higher cut are two of the most important things...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. luciusmaximus

Treating Moss

There's this stuff, which I've heard people praising recently. I've no lawn (Yippee ! ) so have NO experience of using it. MossOff Lawn care-100% Chemical Free Moss and algae treatment
    There's this stuff, which I've heard people praising recently. I've no lawn (Yippee ! ) so have NO experience of using it. MossOff Lawn care-100% Chemical Free Moss and algae treatment
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Prkns

Tidying up the stragglers

Not that subject again!!! :hate-shocked: :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Fat Controller

Grass advice

If your soil is clay then use sand, if it's sandy use mpc. I put down extra because of the birds and then cover it with mpc and firm it down, it tends to keep the birds guessing. :biggrin:I've used weed...
    If your soil is clay then use sand, if it's sandy use mpc. I put down extra because of the birds and then cover it with mpc and firm it down, it tends to keep the birds guessing. :biggrin:I've used weed and feed a month before re-seeding with no problems but wouldn't use it after on the parts that are...
    If your soil is clay then use sand, if it's sandy use mpc. I put down extra because of the birds and then cover it with mpc and firm it down, it tends to keep the birds guessing. :biggrin:I've used weed and feed a month before re-seeding with no...
    If your soil is clay then use sand, if it's sandy use mpc. I put down extra because of the birds and then cover it with mpc and firm it down, it tends to keep the birds guessing. :biggrin:I've used weed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Evil Len

Is it too late to mow ?

Blimey, that must be a record:OUCH::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Elizabeth13

Lawn help please - stuck on what to do

Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some times in summer, although this year the summer has been dryer . My lawn is on a slope and I would have...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some times in summer, although this year the summer has...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Small flower

Best impliment to aerate the lawn?

I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's...
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's better than my dad's I'll be happy :D
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's better than my dad's I'll be happy :D
    I've just fed my lawn with an autumn feed with moss killer in and then hopefully next week I can aerate and scarify and top dress and by next year it'll be a brilliant lawn. Well as long as it's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Captain-Fishy

Lawn Weed Infestation

when you re-seed make sure its with an appropriate grass seed mixture as you'll need one for shade.rake out the dead stuff, scruff up the soil as the seed will need to be in contact with the...
    when you re-seed make sure its with an appropriate grass seed mixture as you'll need one for shade.rake out the dead stuff, scruff up the soil as the seed will need to be in contact with the soil and dont scimp with the seed.
    when you re-seed make sure its with an appropriate grass seed mixture as you'll need one for shade.rake out the dead stuff, scruff up the soil as the seed will need to be in contact with the soil and dont scimp with the seed.
    when you re-seed make sure its with an appropriate grass seed mixture as you'll need one for shade.rake out the dead stuff, scruff up the soil as the seed will need to be in contact with the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. peach

new lawn

Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the roots. Only suggest you water very regulaly to dilute the ammonia. I mentioned on a previous post...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the roots. Only suggest you water very regulaly to...
    Years of chicken activity can produce a lot of chicken 'muck' which is high in amonia and can be very strong. It may be that the soil surface is high in this hot chicken muck and is burning the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. elliegreenwellie

Mowing the Lawn

I only cut the grass when it is extra sunny. Then again I'm lazy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Chris Brown

New Lawn laying over where Patio Used to be!

Glorious looking lawn and you've done well there @Chris Brown :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rustyroots

My lawn plan.

@Liz the pot That would be a possibility.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. dsburny

New lawn going brown

There are three different approaches that come to mind. Professional, do it yourself or don't do it.Professional is the easy way to go but can be expensive (can always get a quote) but less...
    There are three different approaches that come to mind. Professional, do it yourself or don't do it.Professional is the easy way to go but can be expensive (can always get a quote) but less satisfying if you like doing things yourself.DIY is time consuming but can be done by using...
    There are three different approaches that come to mind. Professional, do it yourself or don't do it.Professional is the easy way to go but can be expensive (can always get a quote) but less satisfying if you like doing things yourself.DIY is...
    There are three different approaches that come to mind. Professional, do it yourself or don't do it.Professional is the easy way to go but can be expensive (can always get a quote) but less...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice