1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. SJ

What height to cut lawn

oh dear i practically shaved my lawn today! it grows so fast so i figure once in a while i cut it really low it wont need doing for a while... i only have a strimmer so dont have length settings.
    oh dear i practically shaved my lawn today! it grows so fast so i figure once in a while i cut it really low it wont need doing for a while... i only have a strimmer so dont have length settings.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. jachu

What have I done to my lawn

For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly rake again to get the seed down to the soil (as it won't grow stuck to the leaves of other grass...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly rake again to get the seed down to the soil (as it...
    For overseeding. Cut your lawn quite short. Rake or scarify the surface to remove any thatch and expose a little soil as a seedbed. Apply good quality lawn seed at the recommended rate. Lightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. gardenflop

What grass seeds

Sorry Clueless.......but not if you're working with a sandy soil, it's best to use topsoil. My back lawn was re-turfed four years ago. The firm that laid it put down sand first and it's been a...
    Sorry Clueless.......but not if you're working with a sandy soil, it's best to use topsoil. My back lawn was re-turfed four years ago. The firm that laid it put down sand first and it's been a nightmare ever since to keep it fed/weed free and with this years dry summer it's just not growing.
    Sorry Clueless.......but not if you're working with a sandy soil, it's best to use topsoil. My back lawn was re-turfed four years ago. The firm that laid it put down sand first and it's been a nightmare ever since to keep it fed/weed free and...
    Sorry Clueless.......but not if you're working with a sandy soil, it's best to use topsoil. My back lawn was re-turfed four years ago. The firm that laid it put down sand first and it's been a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Elle T

What Grass Seed to use? HELP!

It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay grass on the soil. What I did was to dig over the...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem too, although I didn't particularly want to lay...
    It would be well worth some preparatory work before sowing seed, Elle (Welcome, btw! :D )Chances are the bogginess is because of the usual builders' rubbish left behind. We had this problem...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HarryS

What cordless lawnmower?

Great stuff HarryS. I had a little Bosch one that lasted 6 years of throwing it about doing awkward lawns and went pop in the end with smoke! Can’t complain, it worked hard. Can’t go wrong for...
    Great stuff HarryS. I had a little Bosch one that lasted 6 years of throwing it about doing awkward lawns and went pop in the end with smoke! Can’t complain, it worked hard. Can’t go wrong for £280, should be just right for your needs.
    Great stuff HarryS. I had a little Bosch one that lasted 6 years of throwing it about doing awkward lawns and went pop in the end with smoke! Can’t complain, it worked hard. Can’t go wrong for £280, should be just right for your needs.
    Great stuff HarryS. I had a little Bosch one that lasted 6 years of throwing it about doing awkward lawns and went pop in the end with smoke! Can’t complain, it worked hard. Can’t go wrong for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sammo

What Can I Do With My Lawn???

I've had a garden which was mostly shade and even though I got the lawn to grow, it always had loads of moss in and was a nightmare to keep on top of it. Unless you are happy to do that then I...
    I've had a garden which was mostly shade and even though I got the lawn to grow, it always had loads of moss in and was a nightmare to keep on top of it. Unless you are happy to do that then I would suggest paving it or else a mix of paving and gravel.
    I've had a garden which was mostly shade and even though I got the lawn to grow, it always had loads of moss in and was a nightmare to keep on top of it. Unless you are happy to do that then I would suggest paving it or else a mix of paving and...
    I've had a garden which was mostly shade and even though I got the lawn to grow, it always had loads of moss in and was a nightmare to keep on top of it. Unless you are happy to do that then I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dawn78

What can i do to make this dead lawn nice again :(

Got any picks of yellowing. Don't cut too short and feed with some liquid iron.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. HarryG1

What can be the cost of new lawn?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but turf normally costs between £2 and £3 per sq metre. Then you have the labour of preparing the ground which depends on what is there already and how...
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but turf normally costs between £2 and £3 per sq metre. Then you have the labour of preparing the ground which depends on what is there already and how much levelling is necessary.
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but turf normally costs between £2 and £3 per sq metre. Then you have the labour of preparing the ground which depends on what is there already and how much levelling is necessary.
    I'm not sure exactly what you are asking but turf normally costs between £2 and £3 per sq metre. Then you have the labour of preparing the ground which depends on what is there already and how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. peter68a

What are these invaders on my lawn?

Regular mowing will keep them down - shouldn't be a problem
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sheppy

Wet, muddy, heartbreakingly sad looking lawn :(

Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would dry out in the spring. But, since last year we adopted Scooby, our lovely Springer Spaniel! Now...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would dry out in the spring. But, since last year we...
    Hi, it's been a while since I've been on this site, but need your help again please. My garden has always been prone to holding water, and previous winters we have left it knowing that it would...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. JoeyJoJo

Weird weed in lawn

Some weeds are there due to poor nutrients within the soil. Often a weed and feed while it may tackle the problem does not help long term. Once you have cleared the weed and for next season as its...
    Some weeds are there due to poor nutrients within the soil. Often a weed and feed while it may tackle the problem does not help long term. Once you have cleared the weed and for next season as its too late now think about a slow release fertiliser which will deter such weeds from returning. You...
    Some weeds are there due to poor nutrients within the soil. Often a weed and feed while it may tackle the problem does not help long term. Once you have cleared the weed and for next season as its too late now think about a slow release...
    Some weeds are there due to poor nutrients within the soil. Often a weed and feed while it may tackle the problem does not help long term. Once you have cleared the weed and for next season as its...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dunny

Weedy lawn problems

I would cut it once a month (with your flail, or a rotary topping mower) and then cut some nice paths through it with a walk-behind or ride-on rotary. They will cope with occasional...
    I would cut it once a month (with your flail, or a rotary topping mower) and then cut some nice paths through it with a walk-behind or ride-on rotary. They will cope with occasional missed-mowings :) but basically you want to aim to do that once a week in the growing season. In a year, maybe...
    I would cut it once a month (with your flail, or a rotary topping mower) and then cut some nice paths through it with a walk-behind or ride-on rotary. They will cope with occasional missed-mowings :) but basically you want to aim to do that once a...
    I would cut it once a month (with your flail, or a rotary topping mower) and then cut some nice paths through it with a walk-behind or ride-on rotary. They will cope with occasional...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. akki007

Weeds/Weedol MAX/Turf

Ah, good point. Thanks.
    Ah, good point. Thanks.
    Ah, good point. Thanks.
    Ah, good point. Thanks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. mcmac74

weeds in new lawn

I have eliminated all weeds in a lawn by regular scarifying. Grass seems to be the only thing that can withstand this treatment. Scarifying is best done just prior to mowing, so the leaves of the...
    I have eliminated all weeds in a lawn by regular scarifying. Grass seems to be the only thing that can withstand this treatment. Scarifying is best done just prior to mowing, so the leaves of the weeds are set up to be chopped off by the mower. So if you have the time and energy it is an...
    I have eliminated all weeds in a lawn by regular scarifying. Grass seems to be the only thing that can withstand this treatment. Scarifying is best done just prior to mowing, so the leaves of the weeds are set up to be chopped off by the mower....
    I have eliminated all weeds in a lawn by regular scarifying. Grass seems to be the only thing that can withstand this treatment. Scarifying is best done just prior to mowing, so the leaves of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bally

weeds in new lawn

keep it cut short or the weeds will set seed and you will have even more weeds
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. E Stevenson

Weeds in Lawn

That looks good to me. :thumbsup: Using topsoil or compost is okay. I said compost because if you have to buy it, it's cheaper than topsoil.It's time consuming isn't it? The small jobs always seem to...
    That looks good to me. :thumbsup: Using topsoil or compost is okay. I said compost because if you have to buy it, it's cheaper than topsoil.It's time consuming isn't it? The small jobs always seem to take a long time. :)
    That looks good to me. :thumbsup: Using topsoil or compost is okay. I said compost because if you have to buy it, it's cheaper than topsoil.It's time consuming isn't it? The small jobs always seem to take a long time. :)
    That looks good to me. :thumbsup: Using topsoil or compost is okay. I said compost because if you have to buy it, it's cheaper than topsoil.It's time consuming isn't it? The small jobs always seem to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. j9xdr7

weeds in lawn

Verdone
    Verdone
    Verdone
    Verdone
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nicholas Burman

Weeds before the grass

Nicholas, use a lawn weed killer on them ...that’s my advice :) Digging them out is difficult.....dandelions have a long, long taproot. Left behind, only a small piece, will result in it growing...
    Nicholas, use a lawn weed killer on them ...that’s my advice :) Digging them out is difficult.....dandelions have a long, long taproot. Left behind, only a small piece, will result in it growing back. Here, I now have no need to use a lawn weed killer wholesale across the lawn ....I need only to...
    Nicholas, use a lawn weed killer on them ...that’s my advice :) Digging them out is difficult.....dandelions have a long, long taproot. Left behind, only a small piece, will result in it growing back. Here, I now have no need to use a lawn weed...
    Nicholas, use a lawn weed killer on them ...that’s my advice :) Digging them out is difficult.....dandelions have a long, long taproot. Left behind, only a small piece, will result in it growing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. princess-incognita

Weeds & lawn - advice pls

JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It depends on how well the stuff you used was watered in. By the sound of it, you used a hose dispenser? ...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It depends on how well the stuff you used was watered in. ...
    JeniRelax - 9 days is not really long enough for a weed & feed type treatment to have much effect. You might see a bit of a deeper green but your weeds and moss will still be there. It...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tom Allen

Weedol lawn weedkiller.

Does anyone know how long to wait after using Weedol lawn weedkiller before re seeding the lawn.
    Does anyone know how long to wait after using Weedol lawn weedkiller before re seeding the lawn.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice