1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. chris_elevate

Aerating a lawn

I have an electric scarifier and only used it once in the six or seven years I've owned it. I don't even know if it still works, time to find out I think.
    I have an electric scarifier and only used it once in the six or seven years I've owned it. I don't even know if it still works, time to find out I think.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Jungle Jane

Please recommend me a good rotary lawnmower

You could dismantle the handles (that's how they come in the box), but I would consider that more as something for long term storage that a task to be carried out before and after every use....
    You could dismantle the handles (that's how they come in the box), but I would consider that more as something for long term storage that a task to be carried out before and after every use.With the grassbox removed my Mountfield takes up half the floor area of a 4 x 6 foot (1.2 x 1.8m)...
    You could dismantle the handles (that's how they come in the box), but I would consider that more as something for long term storage that a task to be carried out before and after every use.With the grassbox removed my Mountfield takes up...
    You could dismantle the handles (that's how they come in the box), but I would consider that more as something for long term storage that a task to be carried out before and after every use....
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Elizabeth13

Lawn help please - stuck on what to do

Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some times in summer, although this year the summer has been dryer . My lawn is on a slope and I would have...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some times in summer, although this year the summer has...
    Thanks clueless I will try that ,it makes sense. The problem is we are continually fighting moss on lawns paths everywhere because I am in the West of Scotland which is very wet/damp even some...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gardening Newbie

Cracked Lawn!!!

Sounds like you need to do something about the drainage. Good luck with it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. elliegreenwellie

New turf - flowering!

I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down for 4 weeks it may not be the best time to sort, but regular mowing should help. I would then in the...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down for 4 weeks it may not be the best time to sort,...
    I would definately check out where your gardener got his turf from and would suggest to him not to use this in future as he will be getting more unhappy customers. As the turf is only been down...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. adamsh

New Lawn

In case helpful to others I looked up the Spec for Rolawn's Medallion Turf: Typical sown seed mixture:Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass 40% Chewings Fescue 20% Slender Creeping Red Fescue 10% Strong...
    In case helpful to others I looked up the Spec for Rolawn's Medallion Turf: Typical sown seed mixture:Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass 40% Chewings Fescue 20% Slender Creeping Red Fescue 10% Strong Creeping Red Fescue 30%So that's in the "Hard Wearing" bracket then :) 5. Immediately after laying...
    In case helpful to others I looked up the Spec for Rolawn's Medallion Turf: Typical sown seed mixture:Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass 40% Chewings Fescue 20% Slender Creeping Red Fescue 10% Strong Creeping Red Fescue 30%So that's in the "Hard...
    In case helpful to others I looked up the Spec for Rolawn's Medallion Turf: Typical sown seed mixture:Dwarf Perennial Ryegrass 40% Chewings Fescue 20% Slender Creeping Red Fescue 10% Strong...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dave0w

What is the best feed for a new turf lawn.

A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their...
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their own or bags of chicken pellets. Don't go higher than about 8/8/8.
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their own or bags of chicken pellets. Don't go higher...
    A well balanced low N,P and K lawn fertiliser would be a good idea to add to the soil prior to turfing. Decent turf suppliers add it to your order as a matter of course. Often they'll add their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Don Coffey

Cut and Collect or Mulch

WIth all the advice above and taking into account of the amount of rain that falls here, I'm thinking of going for a ride on tractor that gives me the option to mulch. I know a dedicated mulching...
    WIth all the advice above and taking into account of the amount of rain that falls here, I'm thinking of going for a ride on tractor that gives me the option to mulch. I know a dedicated mulching machine will do a better job then the tractor but I've come to the conclusion that I need to have...
    WIth all the advice above and taking into account of the amount of rain that falls here, I'm thinking of going for a ride on tractor that gives me the option to mulch. I know a dedicated mulching machine will do a better job then the tractor but...
    WIth all the advice above and taking into account of the amount of rain that falls here, I'm thinking of going for a ride on tractor that gives me the option to mulch. I know a dedicated mulching...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. aggie

taking up alawn and laying gravel

gravel is also not friendly for the wild life
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. mowgley

Which grass seed?

That's made a big difference to the garden Mowgley. :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. hoofy

Starting lawn from scratch

Made the most of the warm weather today and gave it a new year cut.
    Soil test 001.jpg 20210617_190458.jpg 20210617_190513.jpg 20210626_190957.jpg 20210626_191007.jpg 20210626_191021.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. AstroTurf

Neighbours who don't take care of their lawns

I only wish my landlord was like you! I actually have no idea who my landlords are - everything goes through the management agency.
    I only wish my landlord was like you! I actually have no idea who my landlords are - everything goes through the management agency.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. skymagic

New Turf Problem

Many Thanks all I will do what is recommended.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. heathmount

Replacing a patio with a lawn...

One thing that you should perhaps bear in mind is this: at the moment, your patio is fairly easy to look after with perhaps the odd scrub now and then to keep it fresh. A lawn needs constant care...
    One thing that you should perhaps bear in mind is this: at the moment, your patio is fairly easy to look after with perhaps the odd scrub now and then to keep it fresh. A lawn needs constant care in summer, and this means cutting it weekly. Then during Autumn you'll have to rake it free of...
    One thing that you should perhaps bear in mind is this: at the moment, your patio is fairly easy to look after with perhaps the odd scrub now and then to keep it fresh. A lawn needs constant care in summer, and this means cutting it weekly. Then...
    One thing that you should perhaps bear in mind is this: at the moment, your patio is fairly easy to look after with perhaps the odd scrub now and then to keep it fresh. A lawn needs constant care...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. silu

Advice please re turning flowerbed into lawn.

Yes, that hell of a plant introduced from the Far East I believe which now is the bane of many gardeners including me! The roots go down about 5 ft and I've yet to manage to rid myself of the...
    Yes, that hell of a plant introduced from the Far East I believe which now is the bane of many gardeners including me! The roots go down about 5 ft and I've yet to manage to rid myself of the horror altho did have some success with crushing the stems and then painting on Roundup mixed with...
    Yes, that hell of a plant introduced from the Far East I believe which now is the bane of many gardeners including me! The roots go down about 5 ft and I've yet to manage to rid myself of the horror altho did have some success with crushing the...
    Yes, that hell of a plant introduced from the Far East I believe which now is the bane of many gardeners including me! The roots go down about 5 ft and I've yet to manage to rid myself of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Rosie99

alternative to grass lawn

Hi, I'm new here and I know this is an old thread but have been looking around the web for some info regarding artificial grass. I've been thinking of buying from here: Artificial Grass ...
    Hi, I'm new here and I know this is an old thread but have been looking around the web for some info regarding artificial grass. I've been thinking of buying from here: Artificial Grass Anyone else installed an artificial lawn?
    Hi, I'm new here and I know this is an old thread but have been looking around the web for some info regarding artificial grass. I've been thinking of buying from here: Artificial Grass Anyone else installed an artificial lawn?
    Hi, I'm new here and I know this is an old thread but have been looking around the web for some info regarding artificial grass. I've been thinking of buying from here: Artificial Grass ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. devs

Is it now too late to sow a new lawn? Northern Ireland

I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it was music to my ears.I just keep on walking...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as its a first for me but in the scale of things it...
    I feel your stone pain! I recently started the task and am boring of it rapidly. Someone told me that I only need to remove anything thats the size of your fist? I have no idea how true this is as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. TheMadHedger

Ride on mower - need some recommendations

Very interesting Paul, it was a fair few years ago when I tried one out. They have obviously been updated somewhat :blue thumb:
    Very interesting Paul, it was a fair few years ago when I tried one out. They have obviously been updated somewhat :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Blade

The age old question

thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i...
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i mising something ? thanks again :)
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i mising something ? thanks again :)
    thanks Al , ive not been able to anything because of all the rain weve had ! so should i seed the bald spots or just do as you say , how will grass grow on bald patches without seeding , or am i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. LennyAtom

Swapping paving stones for turf / horsetail issue

I agree with Natalie, if you rotovate you will chop up the horsetail roots and end up with even more. Its very difficult to get an effective spray because of the waxy surface of the plant, I've...
    I agree with Natalie, if you rotovate you will chop up the horsetail roots and end up with even more. Its very difficult to get an effective spray because of the waxy surface of the plant, I've heard of people putting poly bags of roundup over the horsetails. But I think its going to be a tough...
    I agree with Natalie, if you rotovate you will chop up the horsetail roots and end up with even more. Its very difficult to get an effective spray because of the waxy surface of the plant, I've heard of people putting poly bags of roundup over...
    I agree with Natalie, if you rotovate you will chop up the horsetail roots and end up with even more. Its very difficult to get an effective spray because of the waxy surface of the plant, I've...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice