1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Gn0me

Grass too long to use a lawnmower?

To me even that amount of grass needs a decent mower to make it look good and as @CanadianLori says it needs doing once a week when growing well and a bit less in dry spells.I dont like corded...
    To me even that amount of grass needs a decent mower to make it look good and as @CanadianLori says it needs doing once a week when growing well and a bit less in dry spells.I dont like corded mowers, not sure if you said how old she is but a good push mower would work well on that. Everyone...
    To me even that amount of grass needs a decent mower to make it look good and as @CanadianLori says it needs doing once a week when growing well and a bit less in dry spells.I dont like corded mowers, not sure if you said how old she is but a...
    To me even that amount of grass needs a decent mower to make it look good and as @CanadianLori says it needs doing once a week when growing well and a bit less in dry spells.I dont like corded...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. waggie

Lawn Scarifier

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I'm usually wary when using new equipment anyway. Screwfix are currently out of stock here in Inverness but I'm told there should be some in on Thursday.
    Thanks for the heads up. :thumbsup: I'm usually wary when using new equipment anyway. Screwfix are currently out of stock here in Inverness but I'm told there should be some in on Thursday.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Scotty2088

Lawn patches

Hi what did you use when putting the feed on ? as it doesn't look like a even spread
    Hi what did you use when putting the feed on ? as it doesn't look like a even spread
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. devs

How to repair lows on lawn?

hi doesnt look that bad to be honest ... i would place the soil in then lightly firm with walking on then rake over as the sub soil I would imagine will be firm already
    hi doesnt look that bad to be honest ... i would place the soil in then lightly firm with walking on then rake over as the sub soil I would imagine will be firm already
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Oldcodger

Recommend a lawn feed that works in a Levington Maxi Lawn Spreader

Then it’s down to speed to see what drop rate is achievable. You calibrate with a constant speed vs drop rate. My apologies as I don’t have that much time on my hands.
    Then it’s down to speed to see what drop rate is achievable. You calibrate with a constant speed vs drop rate. My apologies as I don’t have that much time on my hands.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Scott Power

Why is my grass growing better in patches

I'd try a light sprinkling watered in well,don't think it would do any real harm.
    I'd try a light sprinkling watered in well,don't think it would do any real harm.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ric1982

New turf laid - now what?

I remember watching QPR and the subs were smoking before coming ona lot of sports like cricket or golf the sub soil is prepared differently in places where it’s critical so they can get away...
    I remember watching QPR and the subs were smoking before coming ona lot of sports like cricket or golf the sub soil is prepared differently in places where it’s critical so they can get away with patching.
    I remember watching QPR and the subs were smoking before coming ona lot of sports like cricket or golf the sub soil is prepared differently in places where it’s critical so they can get away with patching.
    I remember watching QPR and the subs were smoking before coming ona lot of sports like cricket or golf the sub soil is prepared differently in places where it’s critical so they can get away...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Locksnapper

Do I need some patience........ or should a sow some more seed!?

you could use a board / plank to stand on as it will distributed your weight more evenly as my lawn is like a sponge at the moment with all this rain we have had so I am keeping off it until it...
    you could use a board / plank to stand on as it will distributed your weight more evenly as my lawn is like a sponge at the moment with all this rain we have had so I am keeping off it until it dries out
    you could use a board / plank to stand on as it will distributed your weight more evenly as my lawn is like a sponge at the moment with all this rain we have had so I am keeping off it until it dries out
    you could use a board / plank to stand on as it will distributed your weight more evenly as my lawn is like a sponge at the moment with all this rain we have had so I am keeping off it until it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. mikes

Struggling DIY lawn enthusiast

Poa annua (Annual Meadow Grass) is usually considered a weed in a lawn because it is very coarse and spreads quickly. I would dig that patch out before it seeds.
    Poa annua (Annual Meadow Grass) is usually considered a weed in a lawn because it is very coarse and spreads quickly. I would dig that patch out before it seeds.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Matty8895

3 1/2 week old turf patches

Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are...
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are white strands or red or pink tops on the tips of the grass.
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are white strands or red or pink tops on the tips of the...
    Hi, it’s hard to see what’s going on with the photos and looking at it in person is always best.are these patches growing in size?Have a very close look at the grass and see if there are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Scotty2088

Brown tinge to grass/slow growing and seeding

You need to consider along with fertilising the turf the other lawn treats like scarifying. The problem is thatch production is increased when fertilising and different grass types produce this at...
    You need to consider along with fertilising the turf the other lawn treats like scarifying. The problem is thatch production is increased when fertilising and different grass types produce this at different rates. The fertilisers that produce fast growth tend to be the culprit with thatch. Too...
    You need to consider along with fertilising the turf the other lawn treats like scarifying. The problem is thatch production is increased when fertilising and different grass types produce this at different rates. The fertilisers that produce...
    You need to consider along with fertilising the turf the other lawn treats like scarifying. The problem is thatch production is increased when fertilising and different grass types produce this at...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. JR

Self propel failed

Does the blade brake function ok?
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. dennew55

Preparing clay soil to sow grass seed

Clay is a sod, it holds the dampness but when it dries out it’s a swine too. Ideally you would remove a depth of the clay and insure you have at least 150mm of topsoil. You could add gravel and...
    Clay is a sod, it holds the dampness but when it dries out it’s a swine too. Ideally you would remove a depth of the clay and insure you have at least 150mm of topsoil. You could add gravel and sand to aid drainage but as you add all these materials it will raise the height of the ground so that...
    Clay is a sod, it holds the dampness but when it dries out it’s a swine too. Ideally you would remove a depth of the clay and insure you have at least 150mm of topsoil. You could add gravel and sand to aid drainage but as you add all these...
    Clay is a sod, it holds the dampness but when it dries out it’s a swine too. Ideally you would remove a depth of the clay and insure you have at least 150mm of topsoil. You could add gravel and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kevin Cowans

Mixing Lawn Seed and Topdressing

Hello @HarrySThanks for the reply.Yes, I have heard that about Patch Magic too.I will endeavour to follow the advice given.ThanksKevin
    Hello @HarrySThanks for the reply.Yes, I have heard that about Patch Magic too.I will endeavour to follow the advice given.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Temmy

Need some advice for landscaping / sorting out soil for new lawn

Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: ...
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: New Garden ProjectThanks!
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: New Garden ProjectThanks!
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. DaveMc

Help please, bare patches and scorch marks.

No roller needed, just insure it’s firmed over.You need to be careful with fertilisers round new grass as it can be all too much and kill the new grass plant. You can reseed but it needs to be...
    No roller needed, just insure it’s firmed over.You need to be careful with fertilisers round new grass as it can be all too much and kill the new grass plant. You can reseed but it needs to be kept damp and perhaps it’s best done when the weather is not scorching hot so a bit of planning...
    No roller needed, just insure it’s firmed over.You need to be careful with fertilisers round new grass as it can be all too much and kill the new grass plant. You can reseed but it needs to be kept damp and perhaps it’s best done when the...
    No roller needed, just insure it’s firmed over.You need to be careful with fertilisers round new grass as it can be all too much and kill the new grass plant. You can reseed but it needs to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

Getting rid of course grass in Lawn

HelloThanks for the replies.The areas affected are only small, maybe 3" square at most, however, me being me they stand out like a sore thumb.I will try slicing them and see if that helps,...
    HelloThanks for the replies.The areas affected are only small, maybe 3" square at most, however, me being me they stand out like a sore thumb.I will try slicing them and see if that helps, if not, then I will dig them out and apply grass seed.ThanksKevin
    HelloThanks for the replies.The areas affected are only small, maybe 3" square at most, however, me being me they stand out like a sore thumb.I will try slicing them and see if that helps, if not, then I will dig them out and apply grass...
    HelloThanks for the replies.The areas affected are only small, maybe 3" square at most, however, me being me they stand out like a sore thumb.I will try slicing them and see if that helps,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. johnfromwales

Help! Is this new lawn ruined!

Some turf companies will say it’s fine to water turf that’s just been laid in direct sunshine as it’s been rolled and needs the water badly. I’ve never yet seen any damage from water droplets in...
    Some turf companies will say it’s fine to water turf that’s just been laid in direct sunshine as it’s been rolled and needs the water badly. I’ve never yet seen any damage from water droplets in direct sun on turf and it’s not uncommon to see turf watered midday in the sports industry. The...
    Some turf companies will say it’s fine to water turf that’s just been laid in direct sunshine as it’s been rolled and needs the water badly. I’ve never yet seen any damage from water droplets in direct sun on turf and it’s not uncommon to see...
    Some turf companies will say it’s fine to water turf that’s just been laid in direct sunshine as it’s been rolled and needs the water badly. I’ve never yet seen any damage from water droplets in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Evee

maintaining grass/meadow areas with scythe?

It is around 30 years since I used a scythe but that was the only grass cutting method at my grandparents' place. I remember scything being easy and enjoyable once you got the rhythm right,...
    It is around 30 years since I used a scythe but that was the only grass cutting method at my grandparents' place. I remember scything being easy and enjoyable once you got the rhythm right, swing-step-swing-step-swing. I still own a fair few toes.Technically you are supposed to do it sort of...
    It is around 30 years since I used a scythe but that was the only grass cutting method at my grandparents' place. I remember scything being easy and enjoyable once you got the rhythm right, swing-step-swing-step-swing. I still own a fair few...
    It is around 30 years since I used a scythe but that was the only grass cutting method at my grandparents' place. I remember scything being easy and enjoyable once you got the rhythm right,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. ennnceee

Best Weedkiller for Daisies?

It definitely kills Daisy's
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice