Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. sally

Plantex Fabric under turf.

I have experimented with a woven weed control fabric under turf with little or no soil on top of the mat; there was a problem with drying out to start with but the grass then rooted through the...
    I have experimented with a woven weed control fabric under turf with little or no soil on top of the mat; there was a problem with drying out to start with but the grass then rooted through the mat & established as normal. There is the risk of some tough old weeds pushing through, but that's a...
    I have experimented with a woven weed control fabric under turf with little or no soil on top of the mat; there was a problem with drying out to start with but the grass then rooted through the mat & established as normal. There is the risk of...
    I have experimented with a woven weed control fabric under turf with little or no soil on top of the mat; there was a problem with drying out to start with but the grass then rooted through the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Victoria

Grasses for a Shady Spot

Mmmm, would have to see it in real life. Stil want that other though!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Royster

Lifting lawn and using it for soil

Ok Dave W. I'll bear this in mind too. Thanks! Royster
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Honey Bee

I have grass!!!!!! :o)))

If you put in the short morning glory (only 12 inches), then it doesn't get too straggly. Fancy sent me some seeds which I planted last weekend and they are up already so will bloom early in the...
    If you put in the short morning glory (only 12 inches), then it doesn't get too straggly. Fancy sent me some seeds which I planted last weekend and they are up already so will bloom early in the year. You could sow now, then again in the Spring for a second crop (it's too hot here to do...
    If you put in the short morning glory (only 12 inches), then it doesn't get too straggly. Fancy sent me some seeds which I planted last weekend and they are up already so will bloom early in the year. You could sow now, then again in the Spring...
    If you put in the short morning glory (only 12 inches), then it doesn't get too straggly. Fancy sent me some seeds which I planted last weekend and they are up already so will bloom early in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. paul walker

my lawn needs help

there are quite a few things to think about here, a good lawn needs drainage, so does it get waterlogged easily? you might need to topdress with coarse sand, and fork the ground to assist...
    there are quite a few things to think about here, a good lawn needs drainage, so does it get waterlogged easily? you might need to topdress with coarse sand, and fork the ground to assist drainage is it getting enough sunlight ...... or is it totally shaded? the black slime suggests a disease,...
    there are quite a few things to think about here, a good lawn needs drainage, so does it get waterlogged easily? you might need to topdress with coarse sand, and fork the ground to assist drainage is it getting enough sunlight ...... or is it...
    there are quite a few things to think about here, a good lawn needs drainage, so does it get waterlogged easily? you might need to topdress with coarse sand, and fork the ground to assist...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Garden Apprentice

Replacing an old lawn with turf

Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to...
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to use water retaining crystals and another turf. Hope this helps [ 19. January 2007, 08:39 PM:...
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to use water retaining crystals and another turf....
    Hi Garden Cadet, Drought Resistant turf is now been offered by some growers. I believe this is only offered as a rye free turf so if you are after a hard wearing surface it would be a good idea to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gardener Claire

Mushrooms in Lawn

its the weather whats making the mushrooms grow on your lawn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. lynne

grass seed

I bought it, left it in the shed, and the mice loved it! Cleared it in one week! Probably not the experience you were looking for.
    I bought it, left it in the shed, and the mice loved it! Cleared it in one week! Probably not the experience you were looking for.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Murdoch

Patchy lawn

it has to be sharp sand [concreting/horticultural].... gritty, not the kind used for mortar, top dressing with topsoil / sand loam plus slow release autum fertiliser then broadcast on grass seed,...
    it has to be sharp sand [concreting/horticultural].... gritty, not the kind used for mortar, top dressing with topsoil / sand loam plus slow release autum fertiliser then broadcast on grass seed, the seed needs to be on top, it is really quite late in the year for grass seed, but it can all be...
    it has to be sharp sand [concreting/horticultural].... gritty, not the kind used for mortar, top dressing with topsoil / sand loam plus slow release autum fertiliser then broadcast on grass seed, the seed needs to be on top, it is really quite...
    it has to be sharp sand [concreting/horticultural].... gritty, not the kind used for mortar, top dressing with topsoil / sand loam plus slow release autum fertiliser then broadcast on grass seed,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. harryb

Lawn Moss

I think it would be OK to use lawn sand.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. windy miller

turf stripper

Think I'd do the same. Just think of your virtuous hard work as you sit with your feet up at the end of the day!PS bit excited by the biscuit references..I'm a Waitrose triple nut shortbread fan.
    Think I'd do the same. Just think of your virtuous hard work as you sit with your feet up at the end of the day!PS bit excited by the biscuit references..I'm a Waitrose triple nut shortbread fan.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. gardencat

Will a New Lawn work on this surface ?

Your welcome. Preperation of the surface can be a hard work, but the results will more than pay back, as you sit on your greensward, sipping a glass of chilled wine :D
    Your welcome. Preperation of the surface can be a hard work, but the results will more than pay back, as you sit on your greensward, sipping a glass of chilled wine :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. mowgley

turf preparation

thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to remove 4 hardy fuchsia's from the corners of the old lawn, do these root deeply? Will they start to...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to remove 4 hardy fuchsia's from the corners of the old...
    thanks for the replies. I will be buying the turf from rolawn. I will take your advice and rake in some bonemeal into soil before laying the turf. As well as removing the old turf, i have to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MJME

Lawn woes

MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting...
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting new things will add more variety and colour.Think I'm going to do mine in the spring though.Stingo
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting new things will add more variety and colour.Think...
    MJMEI have exactly the same problem as you.And I'm going to do what BM has suggested to you enlarge the bed. I think it will look more attractive as lawn is okay but boring, wheras planting...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Honey

GRASS

Well, that is a lot of work. Be sure you get every scrap of root out, otherwise you may find you have a lawn with patches of whatever this is coming through it.
    Well, that is a lot of work. Be sure you get every scrap of root out, otherwise you may find you have a lawn with patches of whatever this is coming through it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gogs

Grasses

Any ideas where i can buy some tall growing varigated grasses,i stupidly left some at our previous home
    Any ideas where i can buy some tall growing varigated grasses,i stupidly left some at our previous home
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. pollyanne

newly turfed lawnf

Cool jazid, good to see you back mate. :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. elainem

Smelly Lawn

EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean Casualy Department :cool: ) It's my weapon of choice for anything mossy, green and slimey or smelling of...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean Casualy Department :cool: ) It's my weapon of choice...
    EU got all sniffy about testing insecticides and fungicides so Armatillox is now sold as a general cleaner. As LoL points out it does smell (Of disinfectant - like an old fashioned really clean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. windy miller

removing lawn from around cordylines

Thanks Pete and Fancy, It's crucial to my garden plan that the grass has to go. This gardening thing has unleashed a monster and now I have found hundreds of plants I just must have! ;) :cool:
    Thanks Pete and Fancy, It's crucial to my garden plan that the grass has to go. This gardening thing has unleashed a monster and now I have found hundreds of plants I just must have! ;) :cool:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. andybev

best time to lay turf

I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked...
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked pretty miserable all winter but now you can't even find them.
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked pretty miserable all winter but now you can't even...
    I did some patching in a large old lawn last Autumn. I used turf from a border I cut from the same lawn. The turf is soft and springy and has been laid on a peat base. The patched parts looked...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice