1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. anette

making lawn

Thanks for the tip, Rudham (again!) I'm planning to relay my lawn as the chap who did it, put in 15tons of topsoil beforehand - almost pure clay! So after 5 years of struggle, I'm giving up and...
    Thanks for the tip, Rudham (again!) I'm planning to relay my lawn as the chap who did it, put in 15tons of topsoil beforehand - almost pure clay! So after 5 years of struggle, I'm giving up and starting again!
    Thanks for the tip, Rudham (again!) I'm planning to relay my lawn as the chap who did it, put in 15tons of topsoil beforehand - almost pure clay! So after 5 years of struggle, I'm giving up and starting again!
    Thanks for the tip, Rudham (again!) I'm planning to relay my lawn as the chap who did it, put in 15tons of topsoil beforehand - almost pure clay! So after 5 years of struggle, I'm giving up and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Liz

dog urine damage on lawns [re: my lawn is dying]

Yes I have a dog, a bitch, and all the bare patched to prove it, still I've never really been one to worry too much about the grass (its not a lawn), but it does look a bit scruffy in summer or...
    Yes I have a dog, a bitch, and all the bare patched to prove it, still I've never really been one to worry too much about the grass (its not a lawn), but it does look a bit scruffy in summer or after a frosty spell. Thats an interesting artical, dont know if she'll like tomato juice, I'll have...
    Yes I have a dog, a bitch, and all the bare patched to prove it, still I've never really been one to worry too much about the grass (its not a lawn), but it does look a bit scruffy in summer or after a frosty spell. Thats an interesting artical,...
    Yes I have a dog, a bitch, and all the bare patched to prove it, still I've never really been one to worry too much about the grass (its not a lawn), but it does look a bit scruffy in summer or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Joanne

Lawn seems to be dying :-(

Your female dog's urine is poisonous to your lawn, if possible have a special area for your dog to pee, also the drainage problem is possably the turf people but it could be that there is no grass...
    Your female dog's urine is poisonous to your lawn, if possible have a special area for your dog to pee, also the drainage problem is possably the turf people but it could be that there is no grass to absorb all the water, don't cut the grass too short, let the grass grow normally and in spring...
    Your female dog's urine is poisonous to your lawn, if possible have a special area for your dog to pee, also the drainage problem is possably the turf people but it could be that there is no grass to absorb all the water, don't cut the grass too...
    Your female dog's urine is poisonous to your lawn, if possible have a special area for your dog to pee, also the drainage problem is possably the turf people but it could be that there is no grass...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. non.gardner.really

Lawn-Moss sclarifier??

I know the feeling michaelmas daisy. However that said, I haven't given up hope on mine - and morning exercises sorted the shoulder problems for me - thanks to my local osteopath.
    I know the feeling michaelmas daisy. However that said, I haven't given up hope on mine - and morning exercises sorted the shoulder problems for me - thanks to my local osteopath.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shents

will old grass seeds grow?

hooray they've started to sprout!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Larburnum

Lawn Repair

Hi Will, This is the photo of lawn and border.The border at the bottom end just gets wider and wider. Would like to move grass over about 4 inches all the way down. Thanks Sewer Rat I will do...
    Hi Will, This is the photo of lawn and border.The border at the bottom end just gets wider and wider. Would like to move grass over about 4 inches all the way down. Thanks Sewer Rat I will do the deed tomorrow if dry. Maybe I could put some fleece on top of seed.
    Hi Will, This is the photo of lawn and border.The border at the bottom end just gets wider and wider. Would like to move grass over about 4 inches all the way down. Thanks Sewer Rat I will do the deed tomorrow if dry. Maybe I could put some...
    Hi Will, This is the photo of lawn and border.The border at the bottom end just gets wider and wider. Would like to move grass over about 4 inches all the way down. Thanks Sewer Rat I will do...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Gooner

Worm Casts on Lawn

Hi md, I bought some last year from local petshop by Vetzyme. It was for my sister's 2 dogs who tend to use gravel- apparently it worked well!
    Hi md, I bought some last year from local petshop by Vetzyme. It was for my sister's 2 dogs who tend to use gravel- apparently it worked well!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shazzy

Lawns

You can get away with a light scattering of soil on top of the seeds - generally it's wise to rake the seed into the soil, though only to a shallow depth. As Michaelmassdaisy says, if the seed is...
    You can get away with a light scattering of soil on top of the seeds - generally it's wise to rake the seed into the soil, though only to a shallow depth. As Michaelmassdaisy says, if the seed is too deep it won't get any light.If the seed has germinated, there are some other possibilities to...
    You can get away with a light scattering of soil on top of the seeds - generally it's wise to rake the seed into the soil, though only to a shallow depth. As Michaelmassdaisy says, if the seed is too deep it won't get any light.If the seed has...
    You can get away with a light scattering of soil on top of the seeds - generally it's wise to rake the seed into the soil, though only to a shallow depth. As Michaelmassdaisy says, if the seed is...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. alick

lawn gone, but creeping back.

yes we had done the same and it was just grass that had blown in and grew it can obviously grow in very little soil. I just used round up but it pulled out with very little effort really.
    yes we had done the same and it was just grass that had blown in and grew it can obviously grow in very little soil. I just used round up but it pulled out with very little effort really.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. frustrated

lawn being dug up every night!

That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a look here and see if it looks like your problem - I've got no idea how well this stuff works, but...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a look here and see if it looks like your problem -...
    That sounds like you've got birds feeding on Chafer Grubs Steve. The bulk of the mess is made by the birds digging, but the grass dying off is due to the grubs eating away at the roots.Have a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. maxi

new lawn dying!

Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to pull up a couple of the turfs - it it comes up easily it hasn't rooted into the native soil, and is...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to pull up a couple of the turfs - it it comes up...
    Hi Maxi,I'd go with all the obvious suggestion here of contacting the landscapers. Sometimes turf just doesn't take very well on the soil it was laid on; you can get an idea of this by trying to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. paddyodour5

laying new turfs

I would say anything from 6-12" but the deeper the better. More important is the quality of the subsoil. Make sure it's got plenty of fibrous material (composty stuff in other words) and grit or...
    I would say anything from 6-12" but the deeper the better. More important is the quality of the subsoil. Make sure it's got plenty of fibrous material (composty stuff in other words) and grit or course sand to give good drainage. And scatter some lawn feed on it before you lay the turf. Water it...
    I would say anything from 6-12" but the deeper the better. More important is the quality of the subsoil. Make sure it's got plenty of fibrous material (composty stuff in other words) and grit or course sand to give good drainage. And scatter some...
    I would say anything from 6-12" but the deeper the better. More important is the quality of the subsoil. Make sure it's got plenty of fibrous material (composty stuff in other words) and grit or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. elzie

Bald patches on lawn due to overuse of weed killer!

Ooops! Went a bit mad, did you? don't worry, I'm doing that all the time!What you do is this: get yourself a bag of grass seed from the garden centre. Scruff up the patches with a hand fork and...
    Ooops! Went a bit mad, did you? don't worry, I'm doing that all the time!What you do is this: get yourself a bag of grass seed from the garden centre. Scruff up the patches with a hand fork and get rid of the weeds and moss. Fork over the soil and refresh it with something - lawn feed will be...
    Ooops! Went a bit mad, did you? don't worry, I'm doing that all the time!What you do is this: get yourself a bag of grass seed from the garden centre. Scruff up the patches with a hand fork and get rid of the weeds and moss. Fork over the soil...
    Ooops! Went a bit mad, did you? don't worry, I'm doing that all the time!What you do is this: get yourself a bag of grass seed from the garden centre. Scruff up the patches with a hand fork and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. laburnum150

laying new lawn

Good one!
    Good one!
    Good one!
    Good one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Carzy

Autumn Lawn Care

Time - I know the feeling. Best time to do the fork and sand thing is after work - relaxes you before going on to enjoying the evening :D
    Time - I know the feeling. Best time to do the fork and sand thing is after work - relaxes you before going on to enjoying the evening :D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Pablo

Top dressing new lawn

Many thanks for that. I shall certainly give it a go. Good luck with the lawn.Pablo
    Many thanks for that. I shall certainly give it a go. Good luck with the lawn.Pablo
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. atmospheric

Lawn Question

Ok, thanks for that Hans.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. mandarin0range

help with my grass

hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in...
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in spring, if you do reseed make sure it is same grass and good luck it will need tons of water :D :D
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in spring, if you do reseed make sure it is same grass...
    hello you did lay the grass at the wrong time of year it will be struggling with the heat, when you water it make sure you get it all the brown patches will be bits you missed, best to feed in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. andy

Grass Fungus

how do i upload photos ?sorry thanks andy
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. pru_plant

Grass seed advice please

shes right there thats your best solution
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice