Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Emma

New lawn

Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything happens. When all the grass is dead (maybe five to six weeks) clean the surface, rough up the soil...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything happens. When all the grass is dead (maybe five to...
    Personally I would spray with a glyphosate based spray such as Roundup, which is systemic. Follow the instructions carefully as it works best in warmer temps and needs a few weeks before anything...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Rex

How do i stop worms leaving casts in my lawn???

concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    concrete it over.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kevin Cowans

Levelling Lawn after Small Tree Removal

Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top Soil, Watered it to help it Settle, Topped it up, Watered it, Levelled it and then Seeded it.This...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top Soil, Watered it to help it Settle, Topped it up,...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I recently had a Dwarf Cherry Tree removed from the Middle of my Front Lawn.The resulting Damage was an area approximately 4' x 2'.I Filled the Hole with Top...
    20230611_093225.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. kazzawazza

Brown patches on the lawn

Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as a result.Does anybody have any advice on how...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses the lawn and unfortunately we have brown patches as...
    Like many people, we bought a puppy during lockdown after wanting a dog for such a long time. When he was young he used to potty on the patio, which was easy to hose down afterwards, now he uses...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. BobCarolgees

Rebuilding lawn/soil after house renovations

Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I prepare it for a lawn? I was thinking of just digging...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand, bits of concrete etc. on top of it. How can I...
    Hello everyone, Anyone has some advice for me please. I have a small garden about 25m2. We recently had house renovations and the garden was basically a building site. Half of the garden has sand,...
    IMG_6292.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. welshone

Fertilizing an old lawn - which mix

My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn...
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn fertilizer - 25kg' or a different mix on a clay soil.
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn fertilizer - 25kg' or a different mix on a clay soil.
    My total area of lawned garden is approx. 300sq/mts. I've not fertilized it for some years although kept the weeds and moss under control. Should I use a 9-7-7 such as 'Nutrigrow spring lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Temmy

Need some advice for landscaping / sorting out soil for new lawn

Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: ...
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: New Garden ProjectThanks!
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: New Garden ProjectThanks!
    Hello,Sorry to cross-post, but if there are any landscapers reading this or folks who have had experience totally starting a lawn from scratch I'd love to know what steps I should take here: ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. ric1982

Recommendations for retailers turf

Hi,Does any have recommendations for buying new turf online/high street? There are lots of retrailers out there with lot of different types.Would grately appriciate your inputs.Thanks
    Hi,Does any have recommendations for buying new turf online/high street? There are lots of retrailers out there with lot of different types.Would grately appriciate your inputs.Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. fred88

Fusarium?

Hi All, this has been going on for a while and some of the lawn has died completely, other parts look like the photos, but I suspect will go the same way. I've treated the whole lawn with the...
    Hi All, this has been going on for a while and some of the lawn has died completely, other parts look like the photos, but I suspect will go the same way. I've treated the whole lawn with the Bayer Lawn Disease Control product and some areas have improved but not all, as the photo's show. I do...
    Hi All, this has been going on for a while and some of the lawn has died completely, other parts look like the photos, but I suspect will go the same way. I've treated the whole lawn with the Bayer Lawn Disease Control product and some areas have...
    Hi All, this has been going on for a while and some of the lawn has died completely, other parts look like the photos, but I suspect will go the same way. I've treated the whole lawn with the...
    P_20200802_182432.jpg P_20200802_182458.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. chris_elevate

Robot lawnmower

Hi,Now I’ve got a little boy and lots of other things to keep me busy I’m considering investing in a robot lawnmower. I like the idea of it continually cutting and mulching/feeding the grass...
    Hi,Now I’ve got a little boy and lots of other things to keep me busy I’m considering investing in a robot lawnmower. I like the idea of it continually cutting and mulching/feeding the grass itself to keep it in the best condition.If I go ahead and purchase one I’d like to make sure that it...
    Hi,Now I’ve got a little boy and lots of other things to keep me busy I’m considering investing in a robot lawnmower. I like the idea of it continually cutting and mulching/feeding the grass itself to keep it in the best condition.If I go...
    Hi,Now I’ve got a little boy and lots of other things to keep me busy I’m considering investing in a robot lawnmower. I like the idea of it continually cutting and mulching/feeding the grass...
    A4637A82-8303-4070-BB25-81FD072CEC33.jpeg B7C75402-AA3C-4213-9200-6F10A78A7056.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. TheMadHedger

New lawn - mowing for the first time. To mulch or not?

I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or...
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or two should I be adding the grass collector instead on mulching?
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or two should I be adding the grass collector...
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Benjy685

Garden design

I have the bottom end of the garden that is overlapping with trees, and I cannot grow new grass on this due concrete being below. I thought of putting furniture there or a raised bed.Any...
    I have the bottom end of the garden that is overlapping with trees, and I cannot grow new grass on this due concrete being below. I thought of putting furniture there or a raised bed.Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, as a new gardener.
    I have the bottom end of the garden that is overlapping with trees, and I cannot grow new grass on this due concrete being below. I thought of putting furniture there or a raised bed.Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated, as a new gardener.
    I have the bottom end of the garden that is overlapping with trees, and I cannot grow new grass on this due concrete being below. I thought of putting furniture there or a raised bed.Any...
    63BF67DA-27C0-4991-AC35-C3CC7B8E085F.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Padraig Connolly

Lawn grass identification

Hi evryoneI was wondering if anyone can help identify what type of grass my lawn is.There is a patch of grass which I have been told is couch grass, it's got quite thick stems and has a purple...
    Hi evryoneI was wondering if anyone can help identify what type of grass my lawn is.There is a patch of grass which I have been told is couch grass, it's got quite thick stems and has a purple tinge to it, having also dug up a small patch I can confirm it has long white and quite thick roots...
    Hi evryoneI was wondering if anyone can help identify what type of grass my lawn is.There is a patch of grass which I have been told is couch grass, it's got quite thick stems and has a purple tinge to it, having also dug up a small patch I...
    Hi evryoneI was wondering if anyone can help identify what type of grass my lawn is.There is a patch of grass which I have been told is couch grass, it's got quite thick stems and has a purple...
    IMG_20200503_152015.jpg IMG_20200503_152110.jpg IMG_20200503_152120.jpg IMG_20200503_152129.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sargan

Post winter recovery (April onwards)

I have a 120sqm lawn- turfed with a high-quality, multi-purpose ryegrass/fescue turf. (Rolawn Medallion)Been down for 2 yrs .. over winter it was severely affected by worm casts, and as it was...
    I have a 120sqm lawn- turfed with a high-quality, multi-purpose ryegrass/fescue turf. (Rolawn Medallion)Been down for 2 yrs .. over winter it was severely affected by worm casts, and as it was very, very wet from Oct .... I could not remove them with a brush, too walk on lawn would have caused...
    I have a 120sqm lawn- turfed with a high-quality, multi-purpose ryegrass/fescue turf. (Rolawn Medallion)Been down for 2 yrs .. over winter it was severely affected by worm casts, and as it was very, very wet from Oct .... I could not remove...
    I have a 120sqm lawn- turfed with a high-quality, multi-purpose ryegrass/fescue turf. (Rolawn Medallion)Been down for 2 yrs .. over winter it was severely affected by worm casts, and as it was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevfiz

Help sowing seed to match grass already there

Hi can anyone tell me what I need to do to prepare the ground in photo to put down grass seed? I want to try match it up with existing grass. The area is roughly 10 foot by 10 foot
    Hi can anyone tell me what I need to do to prepare the ground in photo to put down grass seed? I want to try match it up with existing grass. The area is roughly 10 foot by 10 foot
    IMG_20200320_181613.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nicholas Burman

Reseeding the carport

Hello,I've spent the last few days reseeding the lawn around my carport. This was planted late last summer however due to the extreme heat northern Italy went through most of it wilted or got...
    Hello,I've spent the last few days reseeding the lawn around my carport. This was planted late last summer however due to the extreme heat northern Italy went through most of it wilted or got stunted. I took the opportunity to also get rid of the soil inside the driveways (one hell of a pain...
    Hello,I've spent the last few days reseeding the lawn around my carport. This was planted late last summer however due to the extreme heat northern Italy went through most of it wilted or got stunted. I took the opportunity to also get rid of...
    Hello,I've spent the last few days reseeding the lawn around my carport. This was planted late last summer however due to the extreme heat northern Italy went through most of it wilted or got...
    20190301_172650[1].jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. nickp

Lawn sprinkler with attached feeder

Hi - I would like to feed my lawn with a sprinkler because it will save me some time not having to stand there spraying through a bottle, which I attached to my hosepipe.Does anybody know of a...
    Hi - I would like to feed my lawn with a sprinkler because it will save me some time not having to stand there spraying through a bottle, which I attached to my hosepipe.Does anybody know of a sprinkler that you can pore liquid feed into or a suitable bottle that has an 'in connection' and...
    Hi - I would like to feed my lawn with a sprinkler because it will save me some time not having to stand there spraying through a bottle, which I attached to my hosepipe.Does anybody know of a sprinkler that you can pore liquid feed into or a...
    Hi - I would like to feed my lawn with a sprinkler because it will save me some time not having to stand there spraying through a bottle, which I attached to my hosepipe.Does anybody know of a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. 6434N

Help me get started

I'm looking for some help with lawn prep for seed. I have been reading threads all morning and I have found a wealth of information but I wanted to post anyway.My garden measures roughly 14m...
    I'm looking for some help with lawn prep for seed. I have been reading threads all morning and I have found a wealth of information but I wanted to post anyway.My garden measures roughly 14m length by 13m width with paving slabs along the east side of the house and across the back. My plan is...
    I'm looking for some help with lawn prep for seed. I have been reading threads all morning and I have found a wealth of information but I wanted to post anyway.My garden measures roughly 14m length by 13m width with paving slabs along the east...
    I'm looking for some help with lawn prep for seed. I have been reading threads all morning and I have found a wealth of information but I wanted to post anyway.My garden measures roughly 14m...
    20160508_132955.jpg 20160508_133000.jpg 20160508_133008.jpg 20160508_133020.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dal

My Lawn Needs Help - What is this crawler?

My lawn is being taken over by this crawler/weed. I am no expert but seeking some expert advise. What should I do to get this under control. It is currently taken over about 10-15 SQ meters of my...
    My lawn is being taken over by this crawler/weed. I am no expert but seeking some expert advise. What should I do to get this under control. It is currently taken over about 10-15 SQ meters of my lawn.I have attached pictures, any advise gratefully received.
    My lawn is being taken over by this crawler/weed. I am no expert but seeking some expert advise. What should I do to get this under control. It is currently taken over about 10-15 SQ meters of my lawn.I have attached pictures, any advise...
    My lawn is being taken over by this crawler/weed. I am no expert but seeking some expert advise. What should I do to get this under control. It is currently taken over about 10-15 SQ meters of my...
    IMG-20160313-WA0000.jpg IMG-20160313-WA0000.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. jamie26

Some advice on fixing my mess of a lawn

Well im new to the site so hello all.Me and my SO recently moved to a new property and finally have a garden for us to work on and make nice, unfortunately said garden is a mess. Attached are 2...
    Well im new to the site so hello all.Me and my SO recently moved to a new property and finally have a garden for us to work on and make nice, unfortunately said garden is a mess. Attached are 2 pictures of what it is like all over, the grass is pretty thick in places but the soil is just...
    Well im new to the site so hello all.Me and my SO recently moved to a new property and finally have a garden for us to work on and make nice, unfortunately said garden is a mess. Attached are 2 pictures of what it is like all over, the grass...
    Well im new to the site so hello all.Me and my SO recently moved to a new property and finally have a garden for us to work on and make nice, unfortunately said garden is a mess. Attached are 2...
    ccc.jpg cccd.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice