1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Lawns

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Leonie

Sowing new lawn

Thank you so much, that's great advice!I've been trying to take out the biggest lumps, luckily there aren't too many big ones. Hopefully I'll be able to sow it in the next couple of weeks.
    Thank you so much, that's great advice!I've been trying to take out the biggest lumps, luckily there aren't too many big ones. Hopefully I'll be able to sow it in the next couple of weeks.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Padraig Connolly

Weed grass / rough grass

Hi Rusty,Thank you for getting back to me :) Okay having had a look on the Internet it sounds like it can be a bit of a nightmare.... It occupies a space about 1m x 1m.Padraig
    Hi Rusty,Thank you for getting back to me :) Okay having had a look on the Internet it sounds like it can be a bit of a nightmare.... It occupies a space about 1m x 1m.Padraig
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. carolla

plants in lawn like weeds

how to get rid of babys tears spreading over my l
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. carolla

plants in lawn like weeds

I would apply a selective weedkiller. I've done this a few times when weeds show up in the lawn.
    I would apply a selective weedkiller. I've done this a few times when weeds show up in the lawn.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Tee10

You are probably right but the problem seemed to be getting alot worse. It started to smell of fungus and I panicked. Being the novice that I am, including my lack of patience compelled me to act!...
    You are probably right but the problem seemed to be getting alot worse. It started to smell of fungus and I panicked. Being the novice that I am, including my lack of patience compelled me to act! The new grass seed I am using seems to be a bit more robust, as I used it to reseed bare spots and...
    You are probably right but the problem seemed to be getting alot worse. It started to smell of fungus and I panicked. Being the novice that I am, including my lack of patience compelled me to act! The new grass seed I am using seems to be a bit...
    You are probably right but the problem seemed to be getting alot worse. It started to smell of fungus and I panicked. Being the novice that I am, including my lack of patience compelled me to act!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. clanless

What would be reasonable?

Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this...
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this work?Ta Chris
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this work?Ta Chris
    Hi All,I've asked for a quote to prepare and turf an area of around 60m2. There will be a fair bit of preparation - mainly de stoning and levelling.How much is a 'reasonable' quote for this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Louise2402

HELP PLEASE!!!

Hi Louise, welcome to GC :blue thumb:It looks to me as though the best thing to do would be to dig the whole lot over, remove the weeds and either turf it or seed it.Turf is easier but more expensive. ...
    Hi Louise, welcome to GC :blue thumb:It looks to me as though the best thing to do would be to dig the whole lot over, remove the weeds and either turf it or seed it.Turf is easier but more expensive. This is the right time of year to sow the seeds for a new lawn. Have a read of this.
    Hi Louise, welcome to GC :blue thumb:It looks to me as though the best thing to do would be to dig the whole lot over, remove the weeds and either turf it or seed it.Turf is easier but more expensive. This is the right time of year to sow the seeds for...
    Hi Louise, welcome to GC :blue thumb:It looks to me as though the best thing to do would be to dig the whole lot over, remove the weeds and either turf it or seed it.Turf is easier but more expensive. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. feddozz

Help with my Lawn

You could try over-seeding it (i.e. sowing some more grass seed on top of what you have got). Bit late in the season to be doing that now ... Autumn would be a good time if you can wait that long...
    You could try over-seeding it (i.e. sowing some more grass seed on top of what you have got). Bit late in the season to be doing that now ... Autumn would be a good time if you can wait that long ... if you do it now you'll need to water to get it to germinate, unless we get a wet Summer like...
    You could try over-seeding it (i.e. sowing some more grass seed on top of what you have got). Bit late in the season to be doing that now ... Autumn would be a good time if you can wait that long ... if you do it now you'll need to water to get...
    You could try over-seeding it (i.e. sowing some more grass seed on top of what you have got). Bit late in the season to be doing that now ... Autumn would be a good time if you can wait that long...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. islayhawk

Stored turf

personally I'd give it a year, more if you are not in a rush. (Provided you didn't use selective weedkiller on it in the last year)
    personally I'd give it a year, more if you are not in a rush. (Provided you didn't use selective weedkiller on it in the last year)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Bonaimee

Problem lawn

Good evening and welcome to the site.:dbgrtmb: It sounds to me like a lack of water. Turf MUST be kept moist for it to establish. Grass seed needs to be lightly raked into the top inch of soil and again,...
    Good evening and welcome to the site.:dbgrtmb: It sounds to me like a lack of water. Turf MUST be kept moist for it to establish. Grass seed needs to be lightly raked into the top inch of soil and again, kept moist. And moist MEANS moist, not soaked once a week but lightly watered every evening.:thumbsup:
    Good evening and welcome to the site.:dbgrtmb: It sounds to me like a lack of water. Turf MUST be kept moist for it to establish. Grass seed needs to be lightly raked into the top inch of soil and again, kept moist. And moist MEANS moist, not soaked once...
    Good evening and welcome to the site.:dbgrtmb: It sounds to me like a lack of water. Turf MUST be kept moist for it to establish. Grass seed needs to be lightly raked into the top inch of soil and again,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. clueless1

Lawn from seed experiment results

I am busy landscaping a pub .... front lawn had large patches of moss, so I aerated, and scarified .... added weedkiller for the moss an weeds and waited 2 1/2 weeks before I mowed again (we had...
    I am busy landscaping a pub .... front lawn had large patches of moss, so I aerated, and scarified .... added weedkiller for the moss an weeds and waited 2 1/2 weeks before I mowed again (we had good rains) weeds died, moss blackened and then raked the dead moss, and overseeded the bare...
    I am busy landscaping a pub .... front lawn had large patches of moss, so I aerated, and scarified .... added weedkiller for the moss an weeds and waited 2 1/2 weeks before I mowed again (we had good rains) weeds died, moss blackened and then...
    I am busy landscaping a pub .... front lawn had large patches of moss, so I aerated, and scarified .... added weedkiller for the moss an weeds and waited 2 1/2 weeks before I mowed again (we had...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. lighty02

no grass

The ground will be sour from an excess of chicken droppings. This happens to our chicken run and once a year, I sprinkle garden lime over it and the let the rain water it in. Chicken droppings...
    The ground will be sour from an excess of chicken droppings. This happens to our chicken run and once a year, I sprinkle garden lime over it and the let the rain water it in. Chicken droppings are very acidic when fresh, so the lime neutralises. Perhaps you could sprinkle the lime in when you...
    The ground will be sour from an excess of chicken droppings. This happens to our chicken run and once a year, I sprinkle garden lime over it and the let the rain water it in. Chicken droppings are very acidic when fresh, so the lime...
    The ground will be sour from an excess of chicken droppings. This happens to our chicken run and once a year, I sprinkle garden lime over it and the let the rain water it in. Chicken droppings...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. TheMadHedger

New lawn - mowing for the first time. To mulch or not?

I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or...
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or two should I be adding the grass collector instead on mulching?
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or two should I be adding the grass collector...
    I soon hope to mow my new lawn for the first time (it was seeded over a month ago and is nearly ready for its first cut).My mower usually mulches the grass but on a new lawn for the first cut or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. ray.finch

Lawn Watering System

Hi Ray and welcome, I would suggest visting your nearest independent garden centre, they should stock either Gardena or Hozelock watering systems that you could probably adapt. It doesn`t hurt to...
    Hi Ray and welcome, I would suggest visting your nearest independent garden centre, they should stock either Gardena or Hozelock watering systems that you could probably adapt. It doesn`t hurt to ask them. David.
    Hi Ray and welcome, I would suggest visting your nearest independent garden centre, they should stock either Gardena or Hozelock watering systems that you could probably adapt. It doesn`t hurt to ask them. David.
    Hi Ray and welcome, I would suggest visting your nearest independent garden centre, they should stock either Gardena or Hozelock watering systems that you could probably adapt. It doesn`t hurt to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lakeside

Moss in Lawn

get a free quote from Greenthumb (they are pretty cheap) GreenThumb: Lawn Care, Lawn Maintenance, Lawn Treatment, Lawn Advice Service some guys use liquid moss killer in winter .... your lawn...
    get a free quote from Greenthumb (they are pretty cheap) GreenThumb: Lawn Care, Lawn Maintenance, Lawn Treatment, Lawn Advice Service some guys use liquid moss killer in winter .... your lawn may need aerating/scarifying, or your soil may be acidic, or you have too much shade greenthumb...
    get a free quote from Greenthumb (they are pretty cheap) GreenThumb: Lawn Care, Lawn Maintenance, Lawn Treatment, Lawn Advice Service some guys use liquid moss killer in winter .... your lawn may need aerating/scarifying, or your soil may be...
    get a free quote from Greenthumb (they are pretty cheap) GreenThumb: Lawn Care, Lawn Maintenance, Lawn Treatment, Lawn Advice Service some guys use liquid moss killer in winter .... your lawn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Green Glass Goblin

From "bald" to decent front patch

Looks better. Last year was just so hot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Loofah

Lawn treatment

Loofah, how have you got on? We moved into our house in January and I'm now looking at sorting out our garden. I've cut the grass a couple times and the weeds and moss are rife.
    Loofah, how have you got on? We moved into our house in January and I'm now looking at sorting out our garden. I've cut the grass a couple times and the weeds and moss are rife.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. BanjoBill

Lawn Fungii

Hi Banjobill..even if the next door tree was felled unless all the roots were removed you'll get the fungi as that is what they feed on (Decaying wood).You could dig down and remove as much of the...
    Hi Banjobill..even if the next door tree was felled unless all the roots were removed you'll get the fungi as that is what they feed on (Decaying wood).You could dig down and remove as much of the roots as possible but I'd go for the easy option and just brush them away as they appear .:thumbsup:...
    Hi Banjobill..even if the next door tree was felled unless all the roots were removed you'll get the fungi as that is what they feed on (Decaying wood).You could dig down and remove as much of the roots as possible but I'd go for the easy option...
    Hi Banjobill..even if the next door tree was felled unless all the roots were removed you'll get the fungi as that is what they feed on (Decaying wood).You could dig down and remove as much of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Calum

Renovating just half a lawn? Futile?

Ive just asked him, he doesnt fancy it
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Choc

Help Needed....

OK, thanks. :thumb:Will get some pics at the weekend of the areas affected.Perhaps could be shade on one part, and I think poor drainage on another.To aerate a large lawn would a machine be...
    OK, thanks. :thumb:Will get some pics at the weekend of the areas affected.Perhaps could be shade on one part, and I think poor drainage on another.To aerate a large lawn would a machine be better?I am right in saying that you can get a scarify machine that can also aerate?Will check...
    OK, thanks. :thumb:Will get some pics at the weekend of the areas affected.Perhaps could be shade on one part, and I think poor drainage on another.To aerate a large lawn would a machine be better?I am right in saying that you can get a...
    OK, thanks. :thumb:Will get some pics at the weekend of the areas affected.Perhaps could be shade on one part, and I think poor drainage on another.To aerate a large lawn would a machine be...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice