Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. cobbybrook

Ducks!!

Years ago our neighbours had a duck nest in their pond, and two of the youngsters came back several years in a row to nest there too. The neighbours had to put some boards across the patio door...
    Years ago our neighbours had a duck nest in their pond, and two of the youngsters came back several years in a row to nest there too. The neighbours had to put some boards across the patio door to stop the ducks coming in, they were that tame! Their pond was really one giant mess and to stop...
    Years ago our neighbours had a duck nest in their pond, and two of the youngsters came back several years in a row to nest there too. The neighbours had to put some boards across the patio door to stop the ducks coming in, they were that tame! ...
    Years ago our neighbours had a duck nest in their pond, and two of the youngsters came back several years in a row to nest there too. The neighbours had to put some boards across the patio door...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. hilaryjp

Chicken Wire and creeping buttercup

Heavens! and I thought my mum was trouble!;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. golfer

Chicken Pellets

Just been to B and Q , Westland 10kg Chcken pellets �£4.94 , and Westland F, B and B �£4.94 BOGOF , think they were 2kg packs. Seems a good price to me.
    Just been to B and Q , Westland 10kg Chcken pellets �£4.94 , and Westland F, B and B �£4.94 BOGOF , think they were 2kg packs. Seems a good price to me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Scotkat

Free Range Chicken Programme

Sweetpea they will keep the slugs/snails and insect pests down however they are not discerning as to what vegetation they eat and will eat one of your cabbages in preference to a nettle.
    Sweetpea they will keep the slugs/snails and insect pests down however they are not discerning as to what vegetation they eat and will eat one of your cabbages in preference to a nettle.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Larkshall

Duck Eggs v Hen Eggs

thanks for your good advice sussex gardener, that has really put me off buying them. I have such a lot of plants which i have spent a lot of money on. I love my garden and wouldn't like it...
    thanks for your good advice sussex gardener, that has really put me off buying them. I have such a lot of plants which i have spent a lot of money on. I love my garden and wouldn't like it messed up.Thanks again.
    thanks for your good advice sussex gardener, that has really put me off buying them. I have such a lot of plants which i have spent a lot of money on. I love my garden and wouldn't like it messed up.Thanks again.
    thanks for your good advice sussex gardener, that has really put me off buying them. I have such a lot of plants which i have spent a lot of money on. I love my garden and wouldn't like it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RandyRos

commercial chicken feed

oh right,i see
    oh right,i see
    oh right,i see
    oh right,i see
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. RandyRos

what "greens" can chickens eat?

hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. RandyRos

when chickens moult...

oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. RandyRos

hen help please

that would keep the kids busy, going on an egg hunt lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Prastio

New to Chickens

I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls a large section of the garden which has the combo of sun most of the day(when it's out) and plenty...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls a large section of the garden which has the combo...
    I have a 1hour drive to the nearest BHWT collection site, the girls were perfectly happy in the boot of the car in cat boxes and we stopped half way to give them a little air. I've given my girls...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. babyboy515

Chick, chick, chick, chick, lay a little egg for me!

Make sure you segregate any newbies for a week at least - new hens can have latent diseases and bugs which can be passed on to others. Try to get younger birds as well - they'll fit in better, but...
    Make sure you segregate any newbies for a week at least - new hens can have latent diseases and bugs which can be passed on to others. Try to get younger birds as well - they'll fit in better, but still be prepared for a few squabbles while they sort out the pecking order.
    Make sure you segregate any newbies for a week at least - new hens can have latent diseases and bugs which can be passed on to others. Try to get younger birds as well - they'll fit in better, but still be prepared for a few squabbles while they...
    Make sure you segregate any newbies for a week at least - new hens can have latent diseases and bugs which can be passed on to others. Try to get younger birds as well - they'll fit in better, but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. poohpouri

egg houses/baskets

lol our hens have swipe cards and enter thru the back pmsl Thanks :lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. RandyRos

New Chooks

Jim well, he accepted Rhoda ok, but Esme was another matter! all 3 of the old ones picked on her summat chronic, ripping feathers out of her head and making it a bloody mess! i took her out to...
    Jim well, he accepted Rhoda ok, but Esme was another matter! all 3 of the old ones picked on her summat chronic, ripping feathers out of her head and making it a bloody mess! i took her out to protect her till hubby came home and cud sort them out. with them gone, we went back to Potters of...
    Jim well, he accepted Rhoda ok, but Esme was another matter! all 3 of the old ones picked on her summat chronic, ripping feathers out of her head and making it a bloody mess! i took her out to protect her till hubby came home and cud sort them...
    Jim well, he accepted Rhoda ok, but Esme was another matter! all 3 of the old ones picked on her summat chronic, ripping feathers out of her head and making it a bloody mess! i took her out to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. babyboy515

Chickens....????

mine are in a moveable run so they have fresh grass, but i also pick handfuls of longer grass and give them, which they eat
    mine are in a moveable run so they have fresh grass, but i also pick handfuls of longer grass and give them, which they eat
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RandyRos

weird egg thing

you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. RandyRos

poorly chook!

thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her seperately (hubby keeps promising a new run......) unfortunately. all the other hens are fine. i...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her seperately (hubby keeps promising a new run......)...
    thanks for that. i already checked up the leg, nothing there. it seems to be ok now anyway. there doesnt seem to be anything coming from her nose/beak now, and we dont have anywhere to keep her...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Russel Sprout

Ducks in garden

Great, thats what I was hoping for. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit to find a strength that doesnt overwhelm my plants. Thanks all.
    Great, thats what I was hoping for. Guess I'll have to experiment a bit to find a strength that doesnt overwhelm my plants. Thanks all.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RandyRos

my chooks got bored

:lollol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Fidgetsmum

The intellect of bees

You could collect some venom and make some beauty cream from it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Freedom_Spark

Runt duckling?

Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice