1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. jennywren

Wyandottes

:roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of day, or night, or whenever takes their fancy. Also, do *not* be conned into believing that if you...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of day, or night, or whenever takes their fancy. ...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Plant Potty

Who keeps Chickens? how many and in what?...

Something I've always been meaning to try is a plastic strip curtain in front of an open plan nest box, which is 'supposed' to reduce the hen's desire to head for the furthest, darkest, corner.
    Something I've always been meaning to try is a plastic strip curtain in front of an open plan nest box, which is 'supposed' to reduce the hen's desire to head for the furthest, darkest, corner.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. clueless1

Who keeps chickens?

i keep chooks - two little colombian and one very very old ex batmy neighbours love getting a few very very fresh eggsloop0y
    i keep chooks - two little colombian and one very very old ex batmy neighbours love getting a few very very fresh eggsloop0y
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RandyRos

when chickens moult...

oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    oh ok, thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Baymule

What's Your Favorite Breed of Chicken?

Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the go too :snork: so envious of you!
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Louise

what to so with chicken droppings and shavings?

Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop and throwing it into a newly started composter. I do have a lot of woodshavings as well so I am...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop and throwing it into a newly started composter. ...
    Hi Louise I have the same 'problem' 13 ex-bats need a lot of sawdust and produce a lot of poop. They have started roosting out of the coop at night (why??) so I have been collecting their poop...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. JPS

what to grow up a chicken run?

? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    ? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sarah Giles

what the...

Brilliant Sarah:dbgrtmb: Nice one Nando:chicken::yay::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. RandyRos

what "greens" can chickens eat?

hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. RandyRos

weird egg thing

you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    you can google for more information. But its not anything in general to get excited over. My fathers hens every now and then would have one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Vince
    Like x 3

We've got chickens

Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mike Allen

UNWANTED LIVESTOCK

@Mike Allen what a thing to put up i'm sitting here ….I seem to be covered on all issues on fighting them with OCD
    @Mike Allen what a thing to put up i'm sitting here ….I seem to be covered on all issues on fighting them with OCD
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. sterile

Thinking of keeping chickens...

Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very important and a good diet.... There are pros and cons...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fidgetsmum

The intellect of bees

You could collect some venom and make some beauty cream from it.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

The chicken story.

I use vaseline on mine.....on thier combs i mean:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. "M"

Testing, testing: one, two, three!

That's the bottom line with ducks: they are simply "not fussy" when it comes to the act! I've had boy on boy; girl on girl; boy on girl; girl on boy :wallbanging: I shall patiently log how these eggs fare :dunno:
    That's the bottom line with ducks: they are simply "not fussy" when it comes to the act! I've had boy on boy; girl on girl; boy on girl; girl on boy :wallbanging: I shall patiently log how these eggs fare :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. "M"

Surpise this morning!!

:heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse...
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse to go broody :phew:
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse to go broody :phew:
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RandyRos
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. jennywren
    Funny x 3

Spoiled hens!

Discovered that hens really enjoy watermelon for breakfast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lolimac

Sparrow Hawk v Chickens......

Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice