1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. rustyroots

Chickens.

:yahoo::hapfeet: :yahoo: I am so thrilled for you!!!! :hapydancsmil:How did you eat it? ;)
    :yahoo::hapfeet: :yahoo: I am so thrilled for you!!!! :hapydancsmil:How did you eat it? ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. NigelJ
    Informative x 4

Lock up your birds

As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and look healthy, I quickly whipped them out of the incubator and are now in with the rest, in the brooder...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and look healthy, I quickly whipped them out of the...
    As I said yesterday I left the incubator on for another day and yesterday’s gut feeling that they were done was wrong, as this morning there were another 3 chicks hatched, they sound chirpy and...
    IMG_1851.PNG IMG_1752.PNG IMG-20210316-WA0001.jpg 20201030_171349.jpg 20210331_124531.jpg 20210331_124536.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Lolimac

Sparrow Hawk v Chickens......

Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. RandyRos

what "greens" can chickens eat?

hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    hahaha short and sweet
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Scrungee
    Like x 14

Four new hens

I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how...
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how did you get in:loll:
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how did you get in:loll:
    I have alway introduce new hens at night time when they are at roost dont seem to have any bother in the morning. I dont think there like humans,:) can you imagine :runforhills:waaaaah who the hell are you how...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. RandyRos

Chicken coop plans?

where are you located at Jennifer ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Dan The Man

Chickens on a patio

Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. joolz68

Growing chicken feed help

Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Lolimac

Ideas wanted for chicken friendly garden.....

It may not work - literacy is not a strong point amongst Vulpines
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Louise

my chicken house plans

Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to breed and hide, and make cleaning easy, the nest...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sarah Giles

Noob alert...

It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. RandyRos

Going to try hatching for the first time, advice?

welcome to the world pretty thing!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. RandyRos

Itchy Chicken

Paint it yellow and call it big bird wont have a problem then :loll::loll: Spruce
    Paint it yellow and call it big bird wont have a problem then :loll::loll: Spruce
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Lolimac
    Like x 5

Mabel returns !

Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Louise

Fox broke into my coop :(

Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope you have since been able to sort out a coop and more...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Freedom_Spark

Runt duckling?

Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Thanks for asking Sussexgardener! He/she is getting on brilliantly very healthy & cute, still considerably smaller than the rest but growing well, I'll get a new pic/video when I get a chance.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Baymule

What's Your Favorite Breed of Chicken?

Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the go too :snork: so envious of you!
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lolimac
    Friendly x 9

Poorly Poppy...

So sorry loli:sad:,hope your ok xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. "M"

A reminder for your hens ...

Would the omlet "go" house be ok for 3 chucks? That in a home built run?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sarah Giles

what the...

Brilliant Sarah:dbgrtmb: Nice one Nando:chicken::yay::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice