I use vaseline on mine.....on thier combs i mean:D
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Gogs

Cockerel grrrr .

I have a little bantie rooster who's on the loose,he terrorises my nearest neighbour who is quite a distance away,when hes done playing hell with her he comes home.
    I have a little bantie rooster who's on the loose,he terrorises my nearest neighbour who is quite a distance away,when hes done playing hell with her he comes home.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sterile

Thinking of keeping chickens...

Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very important and a good diet.... There are pros and cons...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day or so:thumbsup: A safe and secure home for them is very...
    Hi Sterile, I'd read up on previous posts ....you'll find them interesting:dbgrtmb: I went for Hybrids and they've been cracking girls...my oldest is coming up 5,semi retired...still lays every other day...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Louise

my chicken house plans

Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to breed and hide, and make cleaning easy, the nest...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all edges, this will leave no place for red mite to...
    Use 3 hinges, not 2 (the door will be harder to rip off) use screws not nails, again it makes for a lot better and stronger construction, use mastic on the corners (inside the house) and along all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JPS

what to grow up a chicken run?

? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    ? Would the occupants of the chicken run not eat the growing greenery ? Jack McHammocklashing
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lolimac

New chooks.....

Thanks for that Scrungee:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Vince
    Like x 3

We've got chickens

Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Lovely Vince,i've always fancied a speckeldy....mine are hybrids ...lovely lasses.One of my dogs is scared of the chooks the other wants to play with them:chicken:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac

Ideas wanted for chicken friendly garden.....

It may not work - literacy is not a strong point amongst Vulpines
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Louise

Fox broke into my coop :(

Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope you have since been able to sort out a coop and more...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on the school run) just your first message, so hope...
    Really sorry to hear :( Having just had mine for 5 days I am already attached to them, and yes, can see each has her own personality. I haven't read to end of post (as I am about to dash off on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. babafang

Are my chickens safe with Arum Italicum?

You might want to have a look at this thread
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lolimac
    Like x 5

Mabel returns !

Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me know lol
    Cover him in honey and cornflakes then let the chickens do the rest hehe. My neighbour next door used to be like that but since i trimmed his father in laws privets for him he seems to like me...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Lolimac

For Jenny....meet the 'Windsor Girls'.....

Dont forget fresh eggs with breakfast aswell jenny :blue thumb: yum
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Lolimac

My poor old May.....

Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Thanks for the bulletin Webmaster. A little gentle stroke from all of us and we wish her well, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. georgianakate

Poorly POL Pullet?

Aw thats great news:dbgrtmb:...aren't they just a treat to whatch....have you named them ...i've named mine:rolleyespink:...i love them to bits...enjoy them:dbgrtmb:
    Aw thats great news:dbgrtmb:...aren't they just a treat to whatch....have you named them ...i've named mine:rolleyespink:...i love them to bits...enjoy them:dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. RandyRos

Feather eating chicken-help!

at least I know she's being looked after & the remaining 3 girls seem so much happier. The woman who took her has a paddock, so eventually Babs will be free range
    at least I know she's being looked after & the remaining 3 girls seem so much happier. The woman who took her has a paddock, so eventually Babs will be free range
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Natalie025

Ducks or Chickens?

Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are supposed to lay very dark brown eggs. But no, not mine :nonofinger: my Cuckoo Maran lays blue eggs! :doh: Yes,...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are supposed to lay very dark brown eggs. But no, not...
    Oh I adore Araucanas! Sadly, for whatever reason, they don't thrive with me (or come from a poor strain :noidea: ) I do get blue eggs though, from my Cream Legbar. I bought a Maran because they are...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. RandyRos

emergency DIY for chicken coop

thanks, I'm quite chuffed
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. RandyRos

Gogs.... did you eggs hatch?

Can't remember the breed offhand but chocolate bantams of some sort .I were given the eggs . Hoping for better success with the duck eggs this coming w/end .
    Can't remember the breed offhand but chocolate bantams of some sort .I were given the eggs . Hoping for better success with the duck eggs this coming w/end .
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. "M"
    Like x 4

Eggciting morning!

:hapfeet::hapfeet: :hapfeet:....you've done it again Mum:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RandyRos

Going to try hatching for the first time, advice?

welcome to the world pretty thing!!!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice