1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. RandyRos

more chicken woes

well, son was chasing and I was aiming when it came past, but it was too quick and never ran where we wanted it to!
    well, son was chasing and I was aiming when it came past, but it was too quick and never ran where we wanted it to!
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. "M"

Testing, testing: one, two, three!

That's the bottom line with ducks: they are simply "not fussy" when it comes to the act! I've had boy on boy; girl on girl; boy on girl; girl on boy :wallbanging: I shall patiently log how these eggs fare :dunno:
    That's the bottom line with ducks: they are simply "not fussy" when it comes to the act! I've had boy on boy; girl on girl; boy on girl; girl on boy :wallbanging: I shall patiently log how these eggs fare :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. RandyRos
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Vince

Lost the plot?

Plans drawn up for "super size" shed up the allotment site, man's bit, where I can tinker to my hearts content and "hammock" area where I can have forty winks or more! :dancy: And not a chicken, duck...
    Plans drawn up for "super size" shed up the allotment site, man's bit, where I can tinker to my hearts content and "hammock" area where I can have forty winks or more! :dancy: And not a chicken, duck or any other distraction in sight........ suppose I'll have to do some work on the plot though? ah...
    Plans drawn up for "super size" shed up the allotment site, man's bit, where I can tinker to my hearts content and "hammock" area where I can have forty winks or more! :dancy: And not a chicken, duck or any other distraction in sight........ suppose...
    Plans drawn up for "super size" shed up the allotment site, man's bit, where I can tinker to my hearts content and "hammock" area where I can have forty winks or more! :dancy: And not a chicken, duck...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. miraflores

a cool chicken coop

Welcome to the Henton. :whistle:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lolimac
    Like x 3

Mabels on a moult....

trunky,:nonofinger: that's NOT NICE !! I hate anyone coming to the door when I've got me rollers in - BUT TO PUT ME ON GC looking like that.My OH wouldn't dare. He'd be spending the rest of the weekend up in...
    trunky,:nonofinger: that's NOT NICE !! I hate anyone coming to the door when I've got me rollers in - BUT TO PUT ME ON GC looking like that.My OH wouldn't dare. He'd be spending the rest of the weekend up in A & E.
    trunky,:nonofinger: that's NOT NICE !! I hate anyone coming to the door when I've got me rollers in - BUT TO PUT ME ON GC looking like that.My OH wouldn't dare. He'd be spending the rest of the weekend up in A & E.
    trunky,:nonofinger: that's NOT NICE !! I hate anyone coming to the door when I've got me rollers in - BUT TO PUT ME ON GC looking like that.My OH wouldn't dare. He'd be spending the rest of the weekend up in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. liliana

Don't Eggsagerate !!

:hate-shocked: Blimey!!! Hmm, wonder if it's an "egg within an egg"; :scratch: that happens sometimes. Only way to tell is to crack it open ... there may be another egg in its shell inside that one!
    :hate-shocked: Blimey!!! Hmm, wonder if it's an "egg within an egg"; :scratch: that happens sometimes. Only way to tell is to crack it open ... there may be another egg in its shell inside that one!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lolimac
    Like x 5

Mabel 'v' Daisy

What were we saying to Dan the other day...."you could do with violet spray just incase of any argy bargy" ...spoke too soon:doh:
    What were we saying to Dan the other day...."you could do with violet spray just incase of any argy bargy" ...spoke too soon:doh:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. "M"

Surpise this morning!!

:heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse...
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse to go broody :phew:
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse to go broody :phew:
    :heehee: I'm quite sure she did! However, she isn't one of those chickens that annouces to the world that she's laid an egg (she's very discreet ;) ) and, even better, she didn't use them as an eggcuse...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. "M"
    Like x 4

Chickens know Spring is on the way.

One of our hens has now 'laid' her second ovary so that's most definitely the end of her egg laying days. But she's a lovely hen and now starts her well earned retirement.
    One of our hens has now 'laid' her second ovary so that's most definitely the end of her egg laying days. But she's a lovely hen and now starts her well earned retirement.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dan The Man

Chickens on a patio

Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy a coop and how much does it cost to feed them? Rusty
    Glad I found this thread I have been thinking of maybe getting some chooks in the last few weeks and I have found this most informative. Just a quick question roughly how much does it cost to buy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Dan Dollin

New Chicken Run

We had a silkie cross we bred, she was lovely and very cuddly. Although looked a bit bizarre when grown! From this: To This
    We had a silkie cross we bred, she was lovely and very cuddly. Although looked a bit bizarre when grown! From this: To This
    Chicken Run.jpg Chicken Run 1.jpg chicken mesh.jpg IMG_1528.JPG IMG_2195.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. honeybunny
    Like x 4

Mini Micro Chickens

Think i'm eggbound these days Joolz :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Silver surfer

GOAT MILK

I remember when I was a small wee boy I hated milk,but was necessary for me to grow into a big boy!! My dad would come home everyday from work with I think a jam jar filled with milk.He told me it...
    I remember when I was a small wee boy I hated milk,but was necessary for me to grow into a big boy!! My dad would come home everyday from work with I think a jam jar filled with milk.He told me it was goats milk which tasted and was better than cows milk.I loved it and drank every bit.Cannot...
    I remember when I was a small wee boy I hated milk,but was necessary for me to grow into a big boy!! My dad would come home everyday from work with I think a jam jar filled with milk.He told me it was goats milk which tasted and was better than...
    I remember when I was a small wee boy I hated milk,but was necessary for me to grow into a big boy!! My dad would come home everyday from work with I think a jam jar filled with milk.He told me it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lolimac
    Like x 4

Chickenproof forgetmenots...

I haven't got anywhere near that many Kristen! :heehee: I'm gradually getting rid of them, just getting the odd one here and there popping up in my lawns now. They're English ones to, not Spanish.
    I haven't got anywhere near that many Kristen! :heehee: I'm gradually getting rid of them, just getting the odd one here and there popping up in my lawns now. They're English ones to, not Spanish.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lolimac
    Like x 12

'Girls' enjoying the sunshine...

if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild birds...& the cats of course. i don't think we'll have any trouble with Freddy he'll most likely be...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild birds...& the cats of course. i don't think we'll...
    if we ever get those Silkies we've been hankering after, it'll be interesting to see what our two little dogs think of them, i hope Snoop doesn't think he can chase them away like he does the wild...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. clueless1

Chicken house and run requirements

Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early to pop them, and with that roof they have no need/desire to spend any time 'indoors' other than when...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early to pop them, and with that roof they have no...
    Our 6 (hybrid) hen arrangements: As their run is secure (fox & rat proof) plus roofed, the pop hole is left open overnight whenever the weather is suitable so there's no need to get up early...
    hens.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lolimac

Something is upsetting my girls!!!!

Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Wouldn't it be less stressful just to pop down to the supermarket to buy your eggs?:whistle::biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. joolz68

Growing chicken feed help

Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Awww lovely Joolz....all looking well....:dbgrtmb:...i see Sid's keeping an eye on them;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lolimac
    Funny x 4

Cock-a-doodle-doo!!!!!

Sounds like one of yours is growing his own little "worm" loli!! Keep an eye out, as Zigs posted, it is not unusual for a hen to have a sex change.
    Sounds like one of yours is growing his own little "worm" loli!! Keep an eye out, as Zigs posted, it is not unusual for a hen to have a sex change.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice