1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Livestock

Discussions Relating To Any Livestock You May (or May Want To) Keep

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↑
  1. Benzombie

Chicken ranging

Compromise is most definitely the answer! :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Spruce

Sheep and .....

looking at that her planing on a new orchard doesn't stand much chance
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. AndrewBarratt

Chicken Ailments

That's a good plan, we'll run with it Thanks Andrew
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lolimac
    Like x 6

Mabels on a moult....

What chick could resist one :heehee: If our sid had a builders bum i would get him one :lunapic 130165696578242 5:xx
    What chick could resist one :heehee: If our sid had a builders bum i would get him one :lunapic 130165696578242 5:xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sheal
    Funny x 5

High Vis' chickens

OOooooh do they make them in teeny tiny size to fit budgies? cos i'd take half a dozen! oh yes, really i would! i would honest.........well NO not really:rofllol:
    OOooooh do they make them in teeny tiny size to fit budgies? cos i'd take half a dozen! oh yes, really i would! i would honest.........well NO not really:rofllol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Lolimac
    Friendly x 9

Poorly Poppy...

So sorry loli:sad:,hope your ok xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. joolz68

Hen vent pecking problem

So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived...
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived her inside were hanging out! Hope your ok xx
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived her inside were hanging out! Hope your ok xx
    So sorry to hear that M,youve had a terrible time,so many loses :cry3::cry3:xx Mine stopped vent pecking but are still plucking the backs of about 4,they seem ok,i keep spraying still. No idea how lilac lived...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gogs
    Like x 5

Maggie , Lucky & babies .

Hi Loli & Honey , yeah I'm still around . Hope alls well with you xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. jennywren
    Funny x 3

Spoiled hens!

Discovered that hens really enjoy watermelon for breakfast.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Sarah Giles
    Funny x 5

I'll order mine to go, please.

"Can I order a quarter pounder burger meal with spicy wings on the side, please?"
    "Can I order a quarter pounder burger meal with spicy wings on the side, please?"
    10923294_10153012951840783_3419011375636546233_n.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. "M"
    Like x 6

First egg of 2015

Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think what I'd done differently this year and I have changed a couple of things since last winter.I used...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think what I'd done differently this year and I have...
    Same here Loli, mine kept ticking over right through the winter this year, normally I'd expect to get no eggs for about a month or so around December and early January.I've been trying to think...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sarah Giles

Noob alert...

It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    It's lovely to see them settling in :chicken: It looks like the cats have found out where they are in the pecking order:biggrin::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sarah Giles

Is it normal to have a loner?

I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it didnt work out,there was only one that was brave enough to venture out of the coop for days,so i took...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it didnt work out,there was only one that was brave...
    I bought a 4 lot plus coop&run from a friend last yr,2 of them was being pecked away in a sorry state,all are fine now :) What i did was try to introduce them into my larger run with my others,it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Sarah Giles

Poor soggy chooks..

Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it keeps the dirt dry so they can dust bathe all year round & they can get out of the rain, they can get...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it keeps the dirt dry so they can dust bathe all year...
    Hi Sarah, Ive been known to blow dry my girls! I'm being serious. :redface: A sheltered area would be the best thing for your girls mine have an area on my veggie patch, it's perfect for them because it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Lolimac
    Like x 3

'Easter Egg'...

Honey is my Old English Game Bantam. She is just getting into the swing of this years laying. I spotted her "sitting" a couple of times, just must have been wind. Then she presented me with...
    Honey is my Old English Game Bantam. She is just getting into the swing of this years laying. I spotted her "sitting" a couple of times, just must have been wind. Then she presented me with this effort .... (from left to right: standard, medium sized egg, bantam egg and Honey's!)The winds...
    Honey is my Old English Game Bantam. She is just getting into the swing of this years laying. I spotted her "sitting" a couple of times, just must have been wind. Then she presented me with this effort .... (from left to right: standard,...
    Honey is my Old English Game Bantam. She is just getting into the swing of this years laying. I spotted her "sitting" a couple of times, just must have been wind. Then she presented me with...
    DSCF6894 (640x419).jpg today 065 (640x444).jpg today 066 (600x640).jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Lolimac

Sparrow Hawk v Chickens......

Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Yikes! We've been seeing/hearing a buzzard over ours for a week or so now. Hope they don't have a go at the girls!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Sarah Giles

what the...

Brilliant Sarah:dbgrtmb: Nice one Nando:chicken::yay::dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. jennywren

Wyandottes

:roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of day, or night, or whenever takes their fancy. Also, do *not* be conned into believing that if you...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of day, or night, or whenever takes their fancy. ...
    :roflol: :roflol::roflol:Re: rooster, they are *all* noisy and they are *all* on the protective side (it's their job, after all). And don't be fooled into thinking they only crow in the morning :nonofinger: *any* time of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. RandyRos

Chicken coop plans?

where are you located at Jennifer ?
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Baymule

What's Your Favorite Breed of Chicken?

Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the go too :snork: so envious of you!
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a bigger place I'd probably have some sort of farm on the...
    Do you mind the snakes have moved in?! I'd be so worried! Yeah, if I ate more veg I'd have a chicken bucket like yours too, don't think your rules are as strict as ours mind! And if I had a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice