1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1. Retro_Popcorn

Ilex aquifolium Argentea Holly

Hi does anyone know how much mulch I should be putting around my holly as I have 5 and was wondering if a 60l bag is enoughThanks
    Hi does anyone know how much mulch I should be putting around my holly as I have 5 and was wondering if a 60l bag is enoughThanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. lowrider69

Clematis Plant Advise please

Cant remember what Clematis this is but it never flowers or very rarely get some little buds and a couple of tiny red flowers quite hard to see, anyone know which Clematis this is or why it never...
    Cant remember what Clematis this is but it never flowers or very rarely get some little buds and a couple of tiny red flowers quite hard to see, anyone know which Clematis this is or why it never flowers? . .
    Cant remember what Clematis this is but it never flowers or very rarely get some little buds and a couple of tiny red flowers quite hard to see, anyone know which Clematis this is or why it never flowers? . .
    Cant remember what Clematis this is but it never flowers or very rarely get some little buds and a couple of tiny red flowers quite hard to see, anyone know which Clematis this is or why it never...
    20210720_114155.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. OLIVIA WILD

Evergreen Brushes Advise Please :)

Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing front garden (well not quite a garden, just a small patch). When I say evergreen, i really mean...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing front garden (well not quite a garden, just a...
    Hi All, I have absolutely no knowledge of gardening, I would really appreciate some advise of someone in the know :) I would like some advise on the best evergreen brush options for a south facing...
    GARDEN.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. learningardener

PackirA aquatica/money tree still moist

I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its...
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its indoor in my living room with filtered light..photos of plant and soil attached..any advice pls?
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its indoor in my living room with filtered light..photos...
    I bought a money tree 15 days ago and repotted it with westland houseplant potting mix in a new container that has drainage hole and when i watered it drained ok..why is it still moist pls? Its...
    WTPlant_1619631001140.jpg Screenshot_20210508-145437_Chrome.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Supaspurds

Solve drainage issues - full process of amending clay soil/moss problem

I posted a while ago regarding our new garden and it's drainage issues. We were originally looking into land drains but are now considering trying to work the clay soil to improve it this way...
    I posted a while ago regarding our new garden and it's drainage issues. We were originally looking into land drains but are now considering trying to work the clay soil to improve it this way instead. It's a large space approx 50m x 20m so I understand the amount of labour intensive work this...
    I posted a while ago regarding our new garden and it's drainage issues. We were originally looking into land drains but are now considering trying to work the clay soil to improve it this way instead. It's a large space approx 50m x 20m so I...
    I posted a while ago regarding our new garden and it's drainage issues. We were originally looking into land drains but are now considering trying to work the clay soil to improve it this way...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gleison

Hydroponics Nutrients Liquid for maple

HIIm looking to start growing Maple trees seeds and scion cuts in hydroponics Kracty then as an experiment but I really cant find the ideal Hydroponics nutrients formula in the Uk or delivered...
    HIIm looking to start growing Maple trees seeds and scion cuts in hydroponics Kracty then as an experiment but I really cant find the ideal Hydroponics nutrients formula in the Uk or delivered to the uk can someone please help me with a product that will be perfe t for maplesMany thanks in...
    HIIm looking to start growing Maple trees seeds and scion cuts in hydroponics Kracty then as an experiment but I really cant find the ideal Hydroponics nutrients formula in the Uk or delivered to the uk can someone please help me with a product...
    HIIm looking to start growing Maple trees seeds and scion cuts in hydroponics Kracty then as an experiment but I really cant find the ideal Hydroponics nutrients formula in the Uk or delivered...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. marleyfarley1

Which variety of amalanchier?

Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an...
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an amalanchier I am open to suggestions :) thanks in advance :spinning:
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an amalanchier I am open to suggestions :) thanks in advance :spinning:
    Hi,which type of amalanchier would you recommend please? I primarily would like one for screening but fantastic autumn colour would be a brilliant bonus. If any of you have alternatives to an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Karen1986

As these plants dying?

HiI’ve attached some pictures and am looking for advice as they look like they’re dying!- 2 pics of honeysuckle at the trellis: this was planted back in spring and is growing and flowering,...
    HiI’ve attached some pictures and am looking for advice as they look like they’re dying!- 2 pics of honeysuckle at the trellis: this was planted back in spring and is growing and flowering, however, you’ll see the leaves are all white and diseased looking. I’ve bought some spray for it but...
    HiI’ve attached some pictures and am looking for advice as they look like they’re dying!- 2 pics of honeysuckle at the trellis: this was planted back in spring and is growing and flowering, however, you’ll see the leaves are all white and...
    HiI’ve attached some pictures and am looking for advice as they look like they’re dying!- 2 pics of honeysuckle at the trellis: this was planted back in spring and is growing and flowering,...
    19E9E664-D4EC-4710-A7BF-7081959CE966.jpeg DCC4B2BB-C91D-4350-A78F-C42675BECF79.jpeg 0CB2C902-52FB-4CC8-BC39-34D531408E21.jpeg DA9469D9-53D3-4FF8-BC22-AFFD959DA7B6.jpeg DB1B02A7-7A6E-4AE9-BA2F-518E2280EC4E.jpeg 09D31C5B-16D1-42D3-933C-067B95A68C74.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. SandyNI

July and the garden is bursting with colour...NOT!

This is my first year of doing a flower garden. Probably I'm wrong, but i assumed that there would be some blooms by this stage. The picture shows a row of poppies near the fence (an afterthought...
    This is my first year of doing a flower garden. Probably I'm wrong, but i assumed that there would be some blooms by this stage. The picture shows a row of poppies near the fence (an afterthought to fill in the gap!) three Hydrangeas (one mop head the other 2 paniculata), Antirrhinum,...
    This is my first year of doing a flower garden. Probably I'm wrong, but i assumed that there would be some blooms by this stage. The picture shows a row of poppies near the fence (an afterthought to fill in the gap!) three Hydrangeas (one mop...
    This is my first year of doing a flower garden. Probably I'm wrong, but i assumed that there would be some blooms by this stage. The picture shows a row of poppies near the fence (an afterthought...
    20200711_161044.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. lwoodlouse82

Plant and plant shop advice please!

Hi all!So my partner and I moved into a flat a couple of years ago and now because of current events we both have time on our hands and are trying to make the small (tiny) garden bit outside of...
    Hi all!So my partner and I moved into a flat a couple of years ago and now because of current events we both have time on our hands and are trying to make the small (tiny) garden bit outside of our front door a little nicer. We have spoken to friends who have suggested putting down a weed...
    Hi all!So my partner and I moved into a flat a couple of years ago and now because of current events we both have time on our hands and are trying to make the small (tiny) garden bit outside of our front door a little nicer. We have spoken to...
    Hi all!So my partner and I moved into a flat a couple of years ago and now because of current events we both have time on our hands and are trying to make the small (tiny) garden bit outside of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. KBWhite94

Landscaping a high bank

Hi there, I have a high bank (1.5m) at an odd shape, I’m looking to square it off and straighten the facing sides and need some advice achieving that. It’s very stony and full of weeds - long term...
    Hi there, I have a high bank (1.5m) at an odd shape, I’m looking to square it off and straighten the facing sides and need some advice achieving that. It’s very stony and full of weeds - long term aim is to de-weed, cover in control fabric and netting and then put in some kind of retaining wall...
    Hi there, I have a high bank (1.5m) at an odd shape, I’m looking to square it off and straighten the facing sides and need some advice achieving that. It’s very stony and full of weeds - long term aim is to de-weed, cover in control fabric and...
    Hi there, I have a high bank (1.5m) at an odd shape, I’m looking to square it off and straighten the facing sides and need some advice achieving that. It’s very stony and full of weeds - long term...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mehdi

Planting cowpeas (black eyed peas) in containers

Hey guys, I am new to planting here and started of with cowpeas because we were cooking them last week and so took some and put them in some wet tissue and in a plastic bag to germinate and they...
    Hey guys, I am new to planting here and started of with cowpeas because we were cooking them last week and so took some and put them in some wet tissue and in a plastic bag to germinate and they have grown really well for the past 5 days and thought it was about time to plant them. I put them...
    Hey guys, I am new to planting here and started of with cowpeas because we were cooking them last week and so took some and put them in some wet tissue and in a plastic bag to germinate and they have grown really well for the past 5 days and...
    Hey guys, I am new to planting here and started of with cowpeas because we were cooking them last week and so took some and put them in some wet tissue and in a plastic bag to germinate and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lockdowngardener20

Planter advice please

Hi all, I’m new and also new to gardening. I’m just wondering if anyone could give me advice.I planted from seed Some stock, sweet William and 1 other flower in my planter and all is going...
    Hi all, I’m new and also new to gardening. I’m just wondering if anyone could give me advice.I planted from seed Some stock, sweet William and 1 other flower in my planter and all is going swimmingly, however the stock (planted at the back) seems to be taking over the other 2 rows and this is...
    Hi all, I’m new and also new to gardening. I’m just wondering if anyone could give me advice.I planted from seed Some stock, sweet William and 1 other flower in my planter and all is going swimmingly, however the stock (planted at the back)...
    Hi all, I’m new and also new to gardening. I’m just wondering if anyone could give me advice.I planted from seed Some stock, sweet William and 1 other flower in my planter and all is going...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. novicetreeplanter

Pyrus Calleryana Chanticleer - Struggling?

Hi all, I have a problem with my tree with the leaf stems turning red...I planted an Ornamental Pear, which I bought from the ornamental-trees website, at the end of February this year (2020)....
    Hi all, I have a problem with my tree with the leaf stems turning red...I planted an Ornamental Pear, which I bought from the ornamental-trees website, at the end of February this year (2020). Everything started off well and by the end of April, there were leaves all over it, looking a uniform...
    Hi all, I have a problem with my tree with the leaf stems turning red...I planted an Ornamental Pear, which I bought from the ornamental-trees website, at the end of February this year (2020). Everything started off well and by the end of...
    Hi all, I have a problem with my tree with the leaf stems turning red...I planted an Ornamental Pear, which I bought from the ornamental-trees website, at the end of February this year (2020)....
    2020-05-05 11.31.50.jpg 2020-05-05 15.46.12.jpg 2020-05-06 11.44.18.jpg 2020-05-16 13.51.15.jpg 2020-05-16 13.51.50.jpg 2020-05-16 13.52.03.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Captain Autumn

Climbers advice

Hi Folks just getting back into gardening after a year or so of not being able to do much - i'd like to get this trellis looking nice - the honeysuckle has survived but gone a bit top heavy - can...
    Hi Folks just getting back into gardening after a year or so of not being able to do much - i'd like to get this trellis looking nice - the honeysuckle has survived but gone a bit top heavy - can i train it to go sideways to fill up the trellis either side? also i have just bought an Ena...
    Hi Folks just getting back into gardening after a year or so of not being able to do much - i'd like to get this trellis looking nice - the honeysuckle has survived but gone a bit top heavy - can i train it to go sideways to fill up the trellis...
    Hi Folks just getting back into gardening after a year or so of not being able to do much - i'd like to get this trellis looking nice - the honeysuckle has survived but gone a bit top heavy - can...
    IMG_0277.JPG IMG_0276.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. TheGreenGardener

New gardener - advice on bringing life back to the garden appreciated

Hi everyone,When we moved into our first home in Bristol we neglected the garden for a while whilst we sorted the house out. When we moved on to tackling the garden we found that our flower beds...
    Hi everyone,When we moved into our first home in Bristol we neglected the garden for a while whilst we sorted the house out. When we moved on to tackling the garden we found that our flower beds were full of weeds and as dry as the Sahara. I believe the soil here is clay as it dries and cracks...
    Hi everyone,When we moved into our first home in Bristol we neglected the garden for a while whilst we sorted the house out. When we moved on to tackling the garden we found that our flower beds were full of weeds and as dry as the Sahara. I...
    Hi everyone,When we moved into our first home in Bristol we neglected the garden for a while whilst we sorted the house out. When we moved on to tackling the garden we found that our flower beds...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Steph1

Gardening Novice looking for some Advice

Hi guys, new to the forum and completely new to gardening so a bit clueless despite hours of searching online.I have recently moved house and have a fair sized garden (total area 170m²). This...
    Hi guys, new to the forum and completely new to gardening so a bit clueless despite hours of searching online.I have recently moved house and have a fair sized garden (total area 170m²). This comprises of mostly grass apart from one square section (approx 12m² that had been dug up and replaced...
    Hi guys, new to the forum and completely new to gardening so a bit clueless despite hours of searching online.I have recently moved house and have a fair sized garden (total area 170m²). This comprises of mostly grass apart from one square...
    Hi guys, new to the forum and completely new to gardening so a bit clueless despite hours of searching online.I have recently moved house and have a fair sized garden (total area 170m²). This...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sharonb

Help with identifying this tree please

Hello I am new to this forum (and gardening!) and I hope you can help me identify this tree in my garden which is about to flower. It flowers every May and is very fragrant. But it is leaning...
    Hello I am new to this forum (and gardening!) and I hope you can help me identify this tree in my garden which is about to flower. It flowers every May and is very fragrant. But it is leaning heavily and I wonder if there is anything that I can do to straighten it or should I cut the large...
    Hello I am new to this forum (and gardening!) and I hope you can help me identify this tree in my garden which is about to flower. It flowers every May and is very fragrant. But it is leaning heavily and I wonder if there is anything that I can...
    Hello I am new to this forum (and gardening!) and I hope you can help me identify this tree in my garden which is about to flower. It flowers every May and is very fragrant. But it is leaning...
    IMG_0436.jpg IMG_0435.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Camc

What is wrong with my Jasmine plant?

Hi All,Firstly I am very new to gardening so assume I have no idea what I’m doing :)I recently planted some star jasmine, but the new growth leaves are looking strange and wanted to know if I...
    Hi All,Firstly I am very new to gardening so assume I have no idea what I’m doing :)I recently planted some star jasmine, but the new growth leaves are looking strange and wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or need to do something. They look like they are turning yellow orange and...
    Hi All,Firstly I am very new to gardening so assume I have no idea what I’m doing :)I recently planted some star jasmine, but the new growth leaves are looking strange and wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or need to do something. ...
    Hi All,Firstly I am very new to gardening so assume I have no idea what I’m doing :)I recently planted some star jasmine, but the new growth leaves are looking strange and wanted to know if I...
    3036FABA-C445-4947-90C7-A58B9C49881E.jpeg 7E137B08-AC0C-46A3-89B0-9189F26FBC77.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Lh339

Advice wanted for trees

Hello all,We are brand new to gardening and wanted some advice.We have these conifer trees at the front of our drive but really want to replace them with something else.As you can see there...
    Hello all,We are brand new to gardening and wanted some advice.We have these conifer trees at the front of our drive but really want to replace them with something else.As you can see there is an enormous comfier tree to the side and this blocks a lot of sun light and space.Is there...
    Hello all,We are brand new to gardening and wanted some advice.We have these conifer trees at the front of our drive but really want to replace them with something else.As you can see there is an enormous comfier tree to the side and this...
    Hello all,We are brand new to gardening and wanted some advice.We have these conifer trees at the front of our drive but really want to replace them with something else.As you can see there...
    28B41474-3118-42E4-BC24-A466C8A2F2BA.jpeg 42242ECA-EAB8-44AC-8B7D-679B5A616E4F.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice