1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Wilks

Complete beginner - First New build garden advice needed!

I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good...
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good suggestion hoeing off the first couple of batches before sowing, though :blue thumb:
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good suggestion hoeing off the first couple of batches...
    I'd avoid it too at that stage, infradig! I was thinking ahead, though, as IME once established, seeded lawns are much weedier than turf. Birds, cats, wind....they all contribute :) It's a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. KTSJ

New Gardener out of my depth!

Taking shape KTSJ :) Forget the grass....it will recover quickly enough. We had a couple of days of heavy rain last week and it was enough to restore a lot of greenery down here:)
    Taking shape KTSJ :) Forget the grass....it will recover quickly enough. We had a couple of days of heavy rain last week and it was enough to restore a lot of greenery down here:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kelc

What can I start now

Saturday it is.. excited now
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kevin Cowans

Clematis 'Nelly Moser' issue

That sounds ideal, Kevin :) I hope it does come back, but if not, good luck with the replacement!
    That sounds ideal, Kevin :) I hope it does come back, but if not, good luck with the replacement!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. MissAgapanthus

Japanese Knotweed. Maybe. What do I do?

Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of it. Your landlord could be held liable (I think) if the knotweed escapes from their property and...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of it. Your landlord could be held liable (I think)...
    Sadly it does look like japanese knotweed to me. It is a bit of a ****er to get rid of. The shoots are so strong they can break through patio's, drains etc so you do need to try to get on top of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kathrynmichaud
    Like x 3

Ideas for small shaded courtyard

:cheers: and :cheers: and :cheers:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. "M"

Poinsettia advice please.

Well done Trunky, :dbgrtmb: A gold star for that I think. :star:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. mommaperidot

Jemma's stupid question thread!

P.S. Suggest you start a new thread for each question, otherwise replies to various questions overlap each other and get confusing :) Also helps other folk who come along later haveing Googled a...
    P.S. Suggest you start a new thread for each question, otherwise replies to various questions overlap each other and get confusing :) Also helps other folk who come along later haveing Googled a specific question :)
    P.S. Suggest you start a new thread for each question, otherwise replies to various questions overlap each other and get confusing :) Also helps other folk who come along later haveing Googled a specific question :)
    P.S. Suggest you start a new thread for each question, otherwise replies to various questions overlap each other and get confusing :) Also helps other folk who come along later haveing Googled a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dan Goss

New user new garden new problems!!!

I like them too.
    I like them too.
    I like them too.
    I like them too.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Barders

Eco-friendly way to get rid of these weeds please?

That's the original chemical treatment from the Bible. The downside is it'll spread from the driveway to everywhere else. Better not really.
    That's the original chemical treatment from the Bible. The downside is it'll spread from the driveway to everywhere else. Better not really.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. luciusmaximus

I am so disorganised and rubbish gardener

"The soil on that bit of the bank quite stony and rooty. What do you think?"If you're still looking for a shrub, I'd say Skimmia would do a good job here as it will tolerate very poor soil and...
    "The soil on that bit of the bank quite stony and rooty. What do you think?"If you're still looking for a shrub, I'd say Skimmia would do a good job here as it will tolerate very poor soil and even builders' rubble. Skimmia Fragrans is the one I'd choose as it has a glorious scent in the...
    "The soil on that bit of the bank quite stony and rooty. What do you think?"If you're still looking for a shrub, I'd say Skimmia would do a good job here as it will tolerate very poor soil and even builders' rubble. Skimmia Fragrans is the one...
    "The soil on that bit of the bank quite stony and rooty. What do you think?"If you're still looking for a shrub, I'd say Skimmia would do a good job here as it will tolerate very poor soil and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. louicopp

Newbie Mistake

I'll check to see whether 'public transport disease' is one of her qualifications. :heehee:She'll give you advice and try and sort something out for you when she has a spare moment today. :blue thumb:
    I'll check to see whether 'public transport disease' is one of her qualifications. :heehee:She'll give you advice and try and sort something out for you when she has a spare moment today. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Barders
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Spruce
    Like x 9

Been away but all back now ......

sort of babysit now and again :snooze:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Danny30

Plants For New Garden

Agree with Infradig, probably everything will be all right and the plant roots and worms will work their way through the different soils.The only issue would be if the planting holes were very...
    Agree with Infradig, probably everything will be all right and the plant roots and worms will work their way through the different soils.The only issue would be if the planting holes were very small and the clay soil around undug. Even then most plants should be ok. (I have that situation in...
    Agree with Infradig, probably everything will be all right and the plant roots and worms will work their way through the different soils.The only issue would be if the planting holes were very small and the clay soil around undug. Even then...
    Agree with Infradig, probably everything will be all right and the plant roots and worms will work their way through the different soils.The only issue would be if the planting holes were very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. T_i_m

Plant for electronics project recommendation please.

Hi,There are several types, but that probably is the Fibrous rooted type vs the Corms/Tubers, plus there are uprights and trailers and smaller bedding types etc.Yours looks very healthy so...
    Hi,There are several types, but that probably is the Fibrous rooted type vs the Corms/Tubers, plus there are uprights and trailers and smaller bedding types etc.Yours looks very healthy so hard to say what caused it rot off like that, could be over watering or some disease ?? As said we...
    Hi,There are several types, but that probably is the Fibrous rooted type vs the Corms/Tubers, plus there are uprights and trailers and smaller bedding types etc.Yours looks very healthy so hard to say what caused it rot off like that, could...
    Hi,There are several types, but that probably is the Fibrous rooted type vs the Corms/Tubers, plus there are uprights and trailers and smaller bedding types etc.Yours looks very healthy so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. BloomWhereYou'rePlanted

Clematis help needed

I bet they loved the TLC though ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nicola123

Zero experience and have a really basic question about soil

Thanks so much. I’ve planted up now so I’ll post a photo soon. This forum has been so helpful and supportive. Xx
    Thanks so much. I’ve planted up now so I’ll post a photo soon. This forum has been so helpful and supportive. Xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gary J Bradford

Shop compost

I used to use teabags but for years have been using one of these with loose tea and mine's big enough to get at least two Mugs of Tea out of it, and the tea leaves go either on the Compost Heaps...
    I used to use teabags but for years have been using one of these with loose tea and mine's big enough to get at least two Mugs of Tea out of it, and the tea leaves go either on the Compost Heaps or into the borders. :cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:
    I used to use teabags but for years have been using one of these with loose tea and mine's big enough to get at least two Mugs of Tea out of it, and the tea leaves go either on the Compost Heaps or into the borders. :cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:
    I used to use teabags but for years have been using one of these with loose tea and mine's big enough to get at least two Mugs of Tea out of it, and the tea leaves go either on the Compost Heaps...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Siennamiller

Ideas for a butler’s sink?

Good points, ok, I’ll get the bulbs as recommended on here :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice