1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Rapha

Where to put?

Leave them outside. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Alex Weber

Where to buy plants in London?

Crews Hill (Enfield) is definately worth a visit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Daisy Chain

Where to buy plants

You might find some info here:Retailer Feedback
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Galaxy

Where to buy hedging online?

The ebay seller does but I don't know about the other one. I think I just paid by credit card with Buckingham.
    The ebay seller does but I don't know about the other one. I think I just paid by credit card with Buckingham.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Whitehawk

Where to buy hedge online?

I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood...
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood nurseries are also 3fatpigs.co.uk
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood nurseries are also 3fatpigs.co.uk
    I've recently got bare root hedges from www.3fatpigs.co.uk And they were really good. More than happy with them and they arrived quickly and were a good price.Just read above post and beechwood...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. MargaretW

Where to begin!!

Hi @MargaretW and welcome! It could be that your patio had dropped slightly in that one corner. or that it was getting run off from an adjacent area - if the soil was compacted then that could...
    Hi @MargaretW and welcome! It could be that your patio had dropped slightly in that one corner. or that it was getting run off from an adjacent area - if the soil was compacted then that could occur. Wait for the next downpour and see what happens - where it pools, how fast it drains etc. If it...
    Hi @MargaretW and welcome! It could be that your patio had dropped slightly in that one corner. or that it was getting run off from an adjacent area - if the soil was compacted then that could occur. Wait for the next downpour and see what...
    Hi @MargaretW and welcome! It could be that your patio had dropped slightly in that one corner. or that it was getting run off from an adjacent area - if the soil was compacted then that could...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Weedstoo

Where should I plant these Herbaceous Perrenials?

Then just plant them on the ground. The ridge is only for heavy, waterlogged clay soil.
    Then just plant them on the ground. The ridge is only for heavy, waterlogged clay soil.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Barders

Where are the roots?

Great thanks Spruce, I will change the water now. I will move them to the upstairs bedroom windowsill, it has the same aspect but it is warmer up stairs. The Teasel seed I had have all grown up...
    Great thanks Spruce, I will change the water now. I will move them to the upstairs bedroom windowsill, it has the same aspect but it is warmer up stairs. The Teasel seed I had have all grown up there, so hopefully the Fuchsia will like it better up there to.If nothing happens in another...
    Great thanks Spruce, I will change the water now. I will move them to the upstairs bedroom windowsill, it has the same aspect but it is warmer up stairs. The Teasel seed I had have all grown up there, so hopefully the Fuchsia will like it better...
    Great thanks Spruce, I will change the water now. I will move them to the upstairs bedroom windowsill, it has the same aspect but it is warmer up stairs. The Teasel seed I had have all grown up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Star Jasmine

When will my phlox flower?

with the folliage being dark the flowers should be the same , new variety to me
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Auntpol

When to tie in new climbing roses?

Hi Everyone, I purchased some climbing roses (gardeners glory) to hopefully cover a 12ft x 6ft trellis. They were planted in march and are now just about knee height with several branches. I...
    Hi Everyone, I purchased some climbing roses (gardeners glory) to hopefully cover a 12ft x 6ft trellis. They were planted in march and are now just about knee height with several branches. I just don't know at what point I am supposed to tie in the branches. Can anyone help please? ...
    Hi Everyone, I purchased some climbing roses (gardeners glory) to hopefully cover a 12ft x 6ft trellis. They were planted in march and are now just about knee height with several branches. I just don't know at what point I am supposed to...
    Hi Everyone, I purchased some climbing roses (gardeners glory) to hopefully cover a 12ft x 6ft trellis. They were planted in march and are now just about knee height with several branches. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wren1

When to sow poppy seeds

Oh, I see! Yes, I thought they must grow quite easily as these ones were growing in cracks in tarmac at the edge of a car park!
    Oh, I see! Yes, I thought they must grow quite easily as these ones were growing in cracks in tarmac at the edge of a car park!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wren1

When to sow outside

It does rather depend on where in the country you are and what species of seed that you've bought.If they're happy they can spread but if they're not happy they will disappear without trace....
    It does rather depend on where in the country you are and what species of seed that you've bought.If they're happy they can spread but if they're not happy they will disappear without trace. They dislike very wet soils and soils that dry out quickly.
    It does rather depend on where in the country you are and what species of seed that you've bought.If they're happy they can spread but if they're not happy they will disappear without trace. They dislike very wet soils and soils that dry out...
    It does rather depend on where in the country you are and what species of seed that you've bought.If they're happy they can spread but if they're not happy they will disappear without trace....
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Carly C

When to plant seed grown Daisy’s in the garden?

I'm not sure it looks a bit like an argyranthemum to me. If it is I'd hold off until things warm up, I dont think it would appreciate a frost.
    I'm not sure it looks a bit like an argyranthemum to me. If it is I'd hold off until things warm up, I dont think it would appreciate a frost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. symbioss
    Like x 4

When should I expect to see signs of life in my new Clematis?

@martin-f mines lying dormant at the moment mate but I do know what I have have :hate-shocked:...as I kept the labels :roflol:
    @martin-f mines lying dormant at the moment mate but I do know what I have have :hate-shocked:...as I kept the labels :roflol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Eldy

When can I pick cucumbers?

Yes undoubtedly all home grown fruit and veg is several levels above what you find in the supermarkets.
    Yes undoubtedly all home grown fruit and veg is several levels above what you find in the supermarkets.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Tara Jane

What’s this bush?!

Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Guy Greening

Whats the big obsession with Monstera Philodendron

It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or if I had endless money... The magnificent obliquaBack to the original point, the cutting would be...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or if I had endless money... The magnificent...
    It's not a hybrid, it's just not named correctly. You have either a monstera Or a philodendron. I love my houseplants, monsteras especially and I'd love to have a variegated monstera deliciosa or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Dips

Whats going on with my Alliums?

Hee hee, that's what I was thinking when I read the problem. Waitrose problery did make a mistake (or whoever they buy them from)
    Hee hee, that's what I was thinking when I read the problem. Waitrose problery did make a mistake (or whoever they buy them from)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Ryan11112

What's wrong with redcurrent bush

Put it outside and it's growing a treat , thanks guysSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Put it outside and it's growing a treat , thanks guysSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Atomsvoyage

What's wrong with my courgettes?

I forgot to add that some varieties of courgettes that produce yellow fruits have yellowish leaves, that cause some gardeners to think they have a problem, but that's not the case here.
    I forgot to add that some varieties of courgettes that produce yellow fruits have yellowish leaves, that cause some gardeners to think they have a problem, but that's not the case here.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice