1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. NorthantsGeezer

Destroyed :(

I'll need to look at the vids later - I am at work in a metal framed building with thick walls so my mobile signal isn't up to supporting videoSent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    I'll need to look at the vids later - I am at work in a metal framed building with thick walls so my mobile signal isn't up to supporting videoSent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. landimad

Holiday

In Yorkshire there is a saying.If er tha does ought for nought, alas do it for tha sen.Or in modern English, if ever you do anything for nothing, always do it for yourself.
    In Yorkshire there is a saying.If er tha does ought for nought, alas do it for tha sen.Or in modern English, if ever you do anything for nothing, always do it for yourself.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Chris20

Climber suggestions for a dark(ish), postage-stamp yard. And some progress updates on the redesign

Impatience has taken hold. I started rushing, and that rarely ends well, so I decided to have a relaxing wander around the garden centre.Armed with the earlier warningand the assistance of a...
    Impatience has taken hold. I started rushing, and that rarely ends well, so I decided to have a relaxing wander around the garden centre.Armed with the earlier warningand the assistance of a helpful & quite knowledgable sounding employee at the centre, I ended up getting some ivy after all....
    Impatience has taken hold. I started rushing, and that rarely ends well, so I decided to have a relaxing wander around the garden centre.Armed with the earlier warningand the assistance of a helpful & quite knowledgable sounding employee at...
    Impatience has taken hold. I started rushing, and that rarely ends well, so I decided to have a relaxing wander around the garden centre.Armed with the earlier warningand the assistance of a...
    100_2698 - Copy.JPG wally - Copy (2).png 100_2702.JPG 100_2720 - Copy.JPG 100_2778 - Copy - Copy.JPG 100_2780.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. learningardener

Camellias suspect i over watered

Feeding time is best in very late Summer, when buds are forming... EPSOM SALTS in a weak solution is very effective and economical.
    Feeding time is best in very late Summer, when buds are forming... EPSOM SALTS in a weak solution is very effective and economical.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. SandyNI
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Fflur

72 mini plugs arrived today, I am feeling overwhelmed!

Well, sounds good value then Mervyn :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kevin Cowans

How to Kill or Remove Ivy Root

Any overspill from Epsom salts is diluted, and so feeds surrounding plants rather than damage them :snorky: - all those roots need is the 'overdose'
    Any overspill from Epsom salts is diluted, and so feeds surrounding plants rather than damage them :snorky: - all those roots need is the 'overdose'
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. namaah

Help with digging clay soil

Probably not stored right. Probably damp had got in at some point, letting it go bad in the box.
    Probably not stored right. Probably damp had got in at some point, letting it go bad in the box.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. claypit

Brand New Garden!

:wow: @claypit what a fabulous job :hapydancsmil:you've made of the garden :dbgrtmb:. I hope this year you will be having lots of time relaxing in your garden & admiring it :dbgrtmb:
    :wow: @claypit what a fabulous job :hapydancsmil:you've made of the garden :dbgrtmb:. I hope this year you will be having lots of time relaxing in your garden & admiring it :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Apple Blossom

Weeds, weeds and more weeds!!

Glad to hear it @Apple Blossom
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. jpjeffery
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Gareth Hughes

Planting summer flowering bulbs.

Thanks a lot. I'll start from tomorrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. confused new gardener

compacted soil in baskets

HJust to be clear, plant pot drip tray I fill with dry swell gell and the slow release fertilizer then I pour the provado into the drip tray and give it a mix the swell jell takes up all the...
    HJust to be clear, plant pot drip tray I fill with dry swell gell and the slow release fertilizer then I pour the provado into the drip tray and give it a mix the swell jell takes up all the provado and then once thats done I put the compost in .Spruce
    HJust to be clear, plant pot drip tray I fill with dry swell gell and the slow release fertilizer then I pour the provado into the drip tray and give it a mix the swell jell takes up all the provado and then once thats done I put the compost...
    HJust to be clear, plant pot drip tray I fill with dry swell gell and the slow release fertilizer then I pour the provado into the drip tray and give it a mix the swell jell takes up all the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. heliwilly

Tomato plants - no flowers?

Too many plants per growbag, imo. Sounds like they're competing for light, despite the fact that (as you say) there is plenty of light. A pic would help? I'm guessing they're a bit spindly?
    Too many plants per growbag, imo. Sounds like they're competing for light, despite the fact that (as you say) there is plenty of light. A pic would help? I'm guessing they're a bit spindly?
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Weedstoo

Wild flowers for driveway?

Fleabane self seeds here very readily and loads of it is growing on the driveway outside the house. I saw some plants in the clearance section of the local garden centre a few years back and...
    Fleabane self seeds here very readily and loads of it is growing on the driveway outside the house. I saw some plants in the clearance section of the local garden centre a few years back and potted them up with some other bedding plants for some big pots at the front of the house hoping they...
    Fleabane self seeds here very readily and loads of it is growing on the driveway outside the house. I saw some plants in the clearance section of the local garden centre a few years back and potted them up with some other bedding plants for some...
    Fleabane self seeds here very readily and loads of it is growing on the driveway outside the house. I saw some plants in the clearance section of the local garden centre a few years back and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ridgiemum

Propagators

Those were the days Mike! :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

What plants to use to cover Drain Cover in border?

How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage all year round.You can grow other plants through it, we have Roses, Euonymous, Pieris, Alyssum...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage all year round.You can grow other plants...
    How about a perennial such as Cerastium Tomentosum. It grows fairly quickly and is easy to keep in check. White flowers in Spring and then occasionally in Summer but lovely felty siver foliage...
    2018-06-26 09.55.16.jpg 20180626_102821.jpg P1010731.JPG P1010730.JPG 23.JPG upload_2018-6-26_19-32-46.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. NorthantsGeezer

So what's occuring here then?

Quick update.....I scraped it, and it was just like soil. I then blasted it off with a hose when doing my watering :snork:
    Quick update.....I scraped it, and it was just like soil. I then blasted it off with a hose when doing my watering :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. MRishi

planting through weed membrane

Same goes for using a Stanley knife as well :blue thumb:.Once again, it's a matter of bending. I find it's easier and an inch or two less bending when using the knife. It's amazing how much that extra...
    Same goes for using a Stanley knife as well :blue thumb:.Once again, it's a matter of bending. I find it's easier and an inch or two less bending when using the knife. It's amazing how much that extra couple of inches less bending is better for a bad back. I then leave all the planting to Mrs Shiney. :wub2:
    Same goes for using a Stanley knife as well :blue thumb:.Once again, it's a matter of bending. I find it's easier and an inch or two less bending when using the knife. It's amazing how much that extra couple of inches less bending is better for a bad...
    Same goes for using a Stanley knife as well :blue thumb:.Once again, it's a matter of bending. I find it's easier and an inch or two less bending when using the knife. It's amazing how much that extra...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mania28

Begonias

Lol thanks @HarryS yes please do go over it because I didn't even think they would have come back this year. You can let me know towards the end of the season :)
    Lol thanks @HarryS yes please do go over it because I didn't even think they would have come back this year. You can let me know towards the end of the season :)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice