1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW Gardeners !

An area specifically designed for those that are new to gardening or growing.

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. GYO newbie

Lawn care

Brill - well that is what I will do. Ta.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. TinaColada

Buddleja globosa in a pot?

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Tom Allen

Lawn help needed.

Thanks for that, will do.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. James Rigg

Artificial grass up to wooden 6x6 fence panels.

The durable interlocking plastic edging looks like the one I'll go for. Thank you for the reply and reassurance
    The durable interlocking plastic edging looks like the one I'll go for. Thank you for the reply and reassurance
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. bigbore

Top soil

I would go for the gravel for the first 200mm, that should get the cost down a bit.
    I would go for the gravel for the first 200mm, that should get the cost down a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Ellenwarren321

Weed or plant please help

Brilliant thank you
    Brilliant thank you
    Brilliant thank you
    Brilliant thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nigel84

Taming jungle but where to start

I'd 1st invest in a strimmer. Petrol ones are far superior and the area is a bit big for electric cables to be dragged around IMO. I'd then strim down the long growth and identify the rubbish and...
    I'd 1st invest in a strimmer. Petrol ones are far superior and the area is a bit big for electric cables to be dragged around IMO. I'd then strim down the long growth and identify the rubbish and remove same.If there are any plants growing in amongst the long growth/ rubbish, you could try...
    I'd 1st invest in a strimmer. Petrol ones are far superior and the area is a bit big for electric cables to be dragged around IMO. I'd then strim down the long growth and identify the rubbish and remove same.If there are any plants growing in...
    I'd 1st invest in a strimmer. Petrol ones are far superior and the area is a bit big for electric cables to be dragged around IMO. I'd then strim down the long growth and identify the rubbish and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sarah Giles

Was I too early?

It's probably a lack of light coupled with relatively high temperatures during the day. I'd sow again late April/early May, direct in the ground.
    It's probably a lack of light coupled with relatively high temperatures during the day. I'd sow again late April/early May, direct in the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Katiet79

Planter question!

Thank you Spruce, again really helpful and informative info x
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. c3k

azalea with yellow leaves due to lime

Thanks. I repotted them today in nice acidic soil but the roots were completely frozen in soil! Roll on springtime!
    Thanks. I repotted them today in nice acidic soil but the roots were completely frozen in soil! Roll on springtime!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wildsam

Messy tall bush

Looks a bit like an overgrown privet hedge to me. If it is you can cut it hard back, but it will not look good until next summer.
    Looks a bit like an overgrown privet hedge to me. If it is you can cut it hard back, but it will not look good until next summer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Nash

Lavender and Lilies

Thanks for prompt reply Lea ....i will get there lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. miraflores

Still new to gardening...

Wotcha Java,Nice to see you back :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lee12345

help with grass growing

Hi, we had a problem with patchy areas after a bonfire got a bit out of hand (we wont go there haha!!) - all we did was stab the area with a garden fork, used the cheap grass seed you can pick up...
    Hi, we had a problem with patchy areas after a bonfire got a bit out of hand (we wont go there haha!!) - all we did was stab the area with a garden fork, used the cheap grass seed you can pick up in any gardening store, sprinkled liberally then made a tepee out of bamboo cane and garden mesh to...
    Hi, we had a problem with patchy areas after a bonfire got a bit out of hand (we wont go there haha!!) - all we did was stab the area with a garden fork, used the cheap grass seed you can pick up in any gardening store, sprinkled liberally then...
    Hi, we had a problem with patchy areas after a bonfire got a bit out of hand (we wont go there haha!!) - all we did was stab the area with a garden fork, used the cheap grass seed you can pick up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Magnolia X

Inherited flowers ID needed

Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. deadfrog66

What tree is this

ThanksSent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Samuel_1988

Struggling to find a cheap water butt...help!

Have you tried your Council website? They often have "deals". I bought six large ones from mine (it was a "buy one, get one half price" deal). This included the diverter kits and stands...
    Have you tried your Council website? They often have "deals". I bought six large ones from mine (it was a "buy one, get one half price" deal). This included the diverter kits and stands (that's something to watch for when you are buying butts - they don't all come with them included ;) )
    Have you tried your Council website? They often have "deals". I bought six large ones from mine (it was a "buy one, get one half price" deal). This included the diverter kits and stands (that's something to watch for when you are buying butts...
    Have you tried your Council website? They often have "deals". I bought six large ones from mine (it was a "buy one, get one half price" deal). This included the diverter kits and stands...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. David Woodley

help

Hi David, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: If you get time introduce yourself in the New Members Forum so that the Gang will know you're around!!Well, that's a bit of a balancing act because of...
    Hi David, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: If you get time introduce yourself in the New Members Forum so that the Gang will know you're around!!Well, that's a bit of a balancing act because of [a] the need to attract Wildlife, insects included, a constant area of colour for interest [c] low...
    Hi David, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: If you get time introduce yourself in the New Members Forum so that the Gang will know you're around!!Well, that's a bit of a balancing act because of [a] the need to attract Wildlife, insects included,...
    Hi David, welcome to Gardeners Corner:thumbsup::snork: If you get time introduce yourself in the New Members Forum so that the Gang will know you're around!!Well, that's a bit of a balancing act because of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. steve1978

South facing wall help pls?

Not really climb up it, it's not a strong fence so I'm thinking more shrub type of action!
    Not really climb up it, it's not a strong fence so I'm thinking more shrub type of action!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sarochka

Dwarf hedge

Fantastic, thank you so much for your help!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice