Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

What an elegant colour NigelJ, and healthy looking plant!Mine is in bloom now as well. It's a sorry specimen I impulse bought from Aldi a few years back- it hasn't grown at all which is not...
    What an elegant colour NigelJ, and healthy looking plant!Mine is in bloom now as well. It's a sorry specimen I impulse bought from Aldi a few years back- it hasn't grown at all which is not surprising seen how badly I treat it. It often gets waterlogged as I can't reach the soil to check, or...
    What an elegant colour NigelJ, and healthy looking plant!Mine is in bloom now as well. It's a sorry specimen I impulse bought from Aldi a few years back- it hasn't grown at all which is not surprising seen how badly I treat it. It often gets...
    What an elegant colour NigelJ, and healthy looking plant!Mine is in bloom now as well. It's a sorry specimen I impulse bought from Aldi a few years back- it hasn't grown at all which is not...
    DSC_0040.JPG IMG_3311.JPG 20190224_141014.jpg 20190224_141059.jpg IMG_20190213_081206330.jpg IBOUG 3.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

I can send you cuttings if you like, PM me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. wiseowl
    Like x 9

Christmas cactus

I did have a few more buds on mine waiting to open but hubs accidentally knocked the plant and they dropped off!! Why couldn't he have knocked the one that didn't have any buds??:wallbanging:
    I did have a few more buds on mine waiting to open but hubs accidentally knocked the plant and they dropped off!! Why couldn't he have knocked the one that didn't have any buds??:wallbanging:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. thriftybri

clematis

thanks again for info mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lowrider69
    Like x 3

Venus fly trap advice

An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look quite ok.It's planted in this big jar with a...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    venus fly trap 2.jpg Venus FlyTrap.jpg venus fly trap 03.jpg venus.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Sian in Belgium

Care for a prayer plant

I have a prayer plant. I call it Deuteronomy. I learned not to overwater and not to put it in direct sun.
    I have a prayer plant. I call it Deuteronomy. I learned not to overwater and not to put it in direct sun.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Shaneoak

I've planted Alliums too shallow i think...

Let us know how you get on, Shane. Nothing is certain in gardening and you get success in areas you don't think you would and losses when you think everything will be fine:wallbanging::gaah::heehee:..........but that's...
    Let us know how you get on, Shane. Nothing is certain in gardening and you get success in areas you don't think you would and losses when you think everything will be fine:wallbanging::gaah::heehee:..........but that's gardening, just enjoy it all.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:
    Let us know how you get on, Shane. Nothing is certain in gardening and you get success in areas you don't think you would and losses when you think everything will be fine:wallbanging::gaah::heehee:..........but that's gardening, just enjoy it all.:cat-kittyandsmiley::coffee:
    Let us know how you get on, Shane. Nothing is certain in gardening and you get success in areas you don't think you would and losses when you think everything will be fine:wallbanging::gaah::heehee:..........but that's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Passport1

Is my House Plant Diseased

Thanks everyone for all your replies and help and suggestionsI will keep ye postedThanks all
    Thanks everyone for all your replies and help and suggestionsI will keep ye postedThanks all
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Dai007

Name of a Bush

Thanks sorry for delay in reply. Yes after a few photos taken with the app yes it was a Spruce. This bush is in a large pot and about2/3feet tall incuding pot Thanks all. David.
    Thanks sorry for delay in reply. Yes after a few photos taken with the app yes it was a Spruce. This bush is in a large pot and about2/3feet tall incuding pot Thanks all. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sian in Belgium

Holiday houseplant care

I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck with the ferns!! All these plants from one “mother” maidenhair....My ginger plant is looking...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck with the ferns!! All these plants from one...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck...
    A328F327-0613-4C43-B720-A0B7C068D68B.jpeg C8E5710E-154C-46FB-81F0-988E6DF4D0FA.jpeg E2542968-BF60-42EB-9A7C-FC93253B1664.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Philadelphus "starbright"

I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it....
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it. I’ll make sure i clear those leaves away when they drop soon.Let’s see what happens....
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it. I’ll make sure i clear those leaves away when they...
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nikolaos

Best Perennial Plants For Butterflies

@ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year! (my apologies to any butterflies I may have left...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year!...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Verbena bonariensis 'Lollipop', does it come true from seed?

"Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common names are confusing and it's very easy to get...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. FlourishAnn

Sarracenia - carnivorous plant!

Thanks @Spruce . I think I’m ok though, as the Drosera is one of the common sundews - probably Drosera aliciae? I think they can flower without being too detrimental to the parent plant?
    Thanks @Spruce . I think I’m ok though, as the Drosera is one of the common sundews - probably Drosera aliciae? I think they can flower without being too detrimental to the parent plant?
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nikolaos

Eupatorium cannabinum plugs

Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants...
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants competing with one another in the wild, really... :)Nick
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants competing with one another in the wild, really... :)Nick
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nikirushka

More coleus varieties

Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared stems. As far as I am aware, the majoriy are perennial. Yes Coleus, like many other plants can...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared stems. As far as I am aware, the majoriy are...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nikirushka

Growing tamarix from cuttings?

Chances are it would continue to "weep". Having had a quick look round cuttings seem to do well. The RHS say "Propagate by semi-hardwood cuttings in summer or hardwood cuttings in winter."
    Chances are it would continue to "weep". Having had a quick look round cuttings seem to do well. The RHS say "Propagate by semi-hardwood cuttings in summer or hardwood cuttings in winter."
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. OzT

Bird of Paradise outdoors

I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you...
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you might be pushing it a bit to expect flowers in the next couple of years.;)
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you might be pushing it a bit to expect flowers in the...
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. bill-lancaster

Pruning Weigela

I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the nice weeping effect. and a quick nip of a few inches about to balance it out. guess that is some...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the nice weeping effect. and a quick nip of a few...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Nikolaos

Perovskia 'Blue Spire', how many should I plant here?

Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it at all and it says on a couple of websites that they're butterfly-friendly! I wonder if my buddleias...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it at all and it says on a couple of websites that...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Nikolaos

Achillea millefolium, just how invasive is it?

I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nikolaos

Unsteady Eupatorium

Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three are done flowering to let it concentrate on root...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice