Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    DSC_0040.JPG IMG_3311.JPG 20190224_141014.jpg 20190224_141059.jpg IMG_20190213_081206330.jpg IBOUG 3.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. strongylodon
    Like x 7

Show Us Your Houseplants in Bloom now 2020.

I got the Achimenes from Dibleys who breed Streptocarpus. I believe they are more popular in Germany than the UK. I've had them for years and find them easier than African violets and...
    I got the Achimenes from Dibleys who breed Streptocarpus. I believe they are more popular in Germany than the UK. I've had them for years and find them easier than African violets and Streptocarpus. My father grew the common purple variety and I got my first one from him.
    I got the Achimenes from Dibleys who breed Streptocarpus. I believe they are more popular in Germany than the UK. I've had them for years and find them easier than African violets and Streptocarpus. My father grew the common purple variety and I...
    I got the Achimenes from Dibleys who breed Streptocarpus. I believe they are more popular in Germany than the UK. I've had them for years and find them easier than African violets and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Wdyl

Salix bush... invasive roots?

Wdyl, it has been grafted so as it can be kept under control. If you grow the cutting on I would suggest you keep it in a pot.
    Wdyl, it has been grafted so as it can be kept under control. If you grow the cutting on I would suggest you keep it in a pot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. ARMANDII

PEONY "BARZELLA"

Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet Ruby".......... Or possibly "Julia Rose"...............I planted mine into a large pot just under 12...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet Ruby".......... Or possibly "Julia...
    Hi Scotkat, good to hear from you.:love30::thumbsup: To be honest, I don't think your Peony is "Bartzella" as "Bartzella" has yellow flowers...........I think yours could be either "Sonoma Velvet...
    upload_2020-7-7_19-43-33.png upload_2020-7-7_19-57-23.png 1488F885-FA09-4CEA-815F-A51407A4BABF.jpeg A05843A8-8886-4714-ABEE-E4A05DBB7293.jpeg upload_2020-7-8_18-7-55.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Glynne Williams

Kiwis

Amazing plant, and what a harvest! I've decided to plant my 'Jenny' outside on a trellis under a pollarded hawthorn. Here's hoping it survives!
    Amazing plant, and what a harvest! I've decided to plant my 'Jenny' outside on a trellis under a pollarded hawthorn. Here's hoping it survives!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans

How to stop a Hydrangea macrophylla from flopping

@Kevin Cowans A picture of my "Preziosa"
    Hydrangea Preziosa.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nick Baxter

Poorly Spider Plant

I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any...
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any water remaining in a saucer, then leave until fairly dry before watering again. No direct sunlight.
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any water remaining in a saucer, then leave until...
    I dont think it looks all that bad, yes a pot with no drainage is a recipe for disaster but its only a couple of leaves, just cut them off. Repot into something with drainage, water and empty any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Tea Rose

Money Plant with white spots

Probably not but a pic would help.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. exlabman

salvia winter care

Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean to conservatory and a fifty year old cold green house with the odd plastic sheet replacing glass as...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean to conservatory and a fifty year old cold green...
    Interesting stuff, thanks. I never plant stuff in the ground (to stay) in their first year. Somehow I consider they're not big enough! OK I've got greenhouses (sounds posh but one old heated lean...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. momo1103

Anthurium

Hi,Not a plant we have grown, but this site seems to have plenty of info.How to take care of the Anthurium pot plant and cut flower
    Hi,Not a plant we have grown, but this site seems to have plenty of info.How to take care of the Anthurium pot plant and cut flower
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nikolaos

Am I Cutting Back My Salvias Correctly?

I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as frost done it. So my thinking is to cut as far as a bud that has some green on the stalk, I.e. It's...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as frost done it. So my thinking is to cut as far as...
    I'm new here but have grown salvias for some years. My biggest mistake has been NOT cutting them down in the spring! If it's in the ground during a frosty winter I don't have to be that careful as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. landimad

Saintpaulia propagation and issues.

Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. MartinB

Agastachw blackadder changed colour

Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they are not as tall and they are a definite mauve -...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. hidunc@ntlworld. com

hardy fuchsia suggestions?

Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up, whereas on my Mrs Popple, they usually curve down, around the corolla, but Mrs Popple's petals,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up, whereas on my Mrs Popple, they usually curve down,...
    Ah, thanks. I find Mrs Popple very variable, like most, according to weather and temperature, and, looking at dozens of pics, likewise Dr Foster. I did notice that Dr Foster sepals often turn up,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Jenny namaste
    Like x 5

Oxalis triangularis " Cupido"

Mine are looking good again this year thanks @Jenny namasteThe 'Iron Cross' you sent me a few years back are very well established now, they are fighting off the Surfinas at the moment:
    Mine are looking good again this year thanks @Jenny namasteThe 'Iron Cross' you sent me a few years back are very well established now, they are fighting off the Surfinas at the moment:
    P1070436.jpg P1080191.jpg P1080192.jpg Purple.jpg P1080214.jpg P1080216.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Tracy Isted

Daybed Project

Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours of the day when the sun goes down; it's the ideal...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-13 at 12.00.52.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. rustyroots
    Like x 3

Hellebores offer.

Just don't plant them upside down, Pam:nonofinger::dunno::heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Kevin Cowans

Hellebores Flowering in June

I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few years now and they are super-reliable and stay flowering for a long time - I love them! I hope you get...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few years now and they are super-reliable and stay...
    I think we need someone more knowledgeable than me here but I just wondered whether this could be because they were new plants and were maybe still getting established. I've had mine for a few...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Shaun Jordan

Advice on native hedge

Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Richard88

Large evergreen climber for pergola

Thanks for all that brilliant information, I feel like I've made the right choice. I was just a bit worried about the state it turned up in, I guess plants are going to suffer a bit durning delivery.
    Thanks for all that brilliant information, I feel like I've made the right choice. I was just a bit worried about the state it turned up in, I guess plants are going to suffer a bit durning delivery.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. wayfarer

Wisteria transplant.

I dont see why not, but personally I wouldn't do it now. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice