Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    DSC_0040.JPG IMG_3311.JPG 20190224_141014.jpg 20190224_141059.jpg IMG_20190213_081206330.jpg IBOUG 3.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. strongylodon
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shaneoak

do bulbs such as Muscari, Tulips, Hycianth's, asiatic lilllies and tree lillies, Alliums, anemone, c

No idea what you're twittering on about to be honest :) Anyway, i got the answer i wanted earlier. Thanks for the story. Ciao :)
    No idea what you're twittering on about to be honest :) Anyway, i got the answer i wanted earlier. Thanks for the story. Ciao :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nikolaos

Am I Cutting Back My Salvias Correctly?

Well, I cut the 'Nachtvlinder' down to around 5 inches since I got no further replies, hope I've done the right thing! Hope the 'African Sky' recovers, it was incredibly floriferous in late Summer...
    Well, I cut the 'Nachtvlinder' down to around 5 inches since I got no further replies, hope I've done the right thing! Hope the 'African Sky' recovers, it was incredibly floriferous in late Summer for such a young plant, only bought it early last Spring, I think. @NigelJ, @longk any thoughts? I...
    Well, I cut the 'Nachtvlinder' down to around 5 inches since I got no further replies, hope I've done the right thing! Hope the 'African Sky' recovers, it was incredibly floriferous in late Summer for such a young plant, only bought it early last...
    Well, I cut the 'Nachtvlinder' down to around 5 inches since I got no further replies, hope I've done the right thing! Hope the 'African Sky' recovers, it was incredibly floriferous in late Summer...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Macraignil

Evergreen spindle leaf drop?

I consider Euonymus fortunei semi-evergreen, so I reckon they will be fine. If you gently scratch away a little of the bark, close-ish to the tips, then if it is green underneath it will be...
    I consider Euonymus fortunei semi-evergreen, so I reckon they will be fine. If you gently scratch away a little of the bark, close-ish to the tips, then if it is green underneath it will be fine.Even so, I'd expect them to be bigger by now ... perhaps you need to talk to them more? I tend...
    I consider Euonymus fortunei semi-evergreen, so I reckon they will be fine. If you gently scratch away a little of the bark, close-ish to the tips, then if it is green underneath it will be fine.Even so, I'd expect them to be bigger by now...
    I consider Euonymus fortunei semi-evergreen, so I reckon they will be fine. If you gently scratch away a little of the bark, close-ish to the tips, then if it is green underneath it will be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Macraignil

Ajuga reversion?

@Macraignil only my thoughts here, if you like them green I'd say go for it, I honestly can't think of any problems you would have but if that happens then you could dig them up again :dunno:
    @Macraignil only my thoughts here, if you like them green I'd say go for it, I honestly can't think of any problems you would have but if that happens then you could dig them up again :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant' sun exposure

Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft fence if I knew they would flower well, they would look nice with the pulmonaria which is already...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft fence if I knew they would flower well, they...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nikolaos

Fuchsia 'Mrs Popple' Planting and Pruning

Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not attract as much wildlife. But at the allotment I can have a larger one, it will take up about a fifth of...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not attract as much wildlife. But at the allotment I can...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not...
    DSCN1111[1].JPG RSCN1110[1].JPG 20200320_142418.jpg RSCN1116[1].JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Mystic_roots

Air plant help

Most likely it was tillandsia ionantha. I have tillandsias for 8-9 years. I just keep them in the basket and spray once a week, occasionally addding fertilizer into the water. Except for very hot...
    Most likely it was tillandsia ionantha. I have tillandsias for 8-9 years. I just keep them in the basket and spray once a week, occasionally addding fertilizer into the water. Except for very hot summer weather, when I would spray 2-3 times a week. If you get new one, get rid of media...
    Most likely it was tillandsia ionantha. I have tillandsias for 8-9 years. I just keep them in the basket and spray once a week, occasionally addding fertilizer into the water. Except for very hot summer weather, when I would spray 2-3 times a...
    Most likely it was tillandsia ionantha. I have tillandsias for 8-9 years. I just keep them in the basket and spray once a week, occasionally addding fertilizer into the water. Except for very hot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Victoria

Clivia x crytanthiflora

Gosh, that was quick Pete. Damp paper towel was my thought too, just wanted confirmation. Thanks. xx
    Gosh, that was quick Pete. Damp paper towel was my thought too, just wanted confirmation. Thanks. xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. sandhun

What happened to my indoor Yucca?

Move it away from the radiator, give it a bit more water and it needs strong light.
    Move it away from the radiator, give it a bit more water and it needs strong light.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Allett man

How deep is too deep

Thanks guys and gals for the replies and input.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jersey_Novice

Viburnum Lucidum unknown issue

This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it does come back or transfer to other plants, you can treat with rose clear spay, if you catch it...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it does come back or transfer to other plants, you...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. FlourishAnn

Sarracenia - carnivorous plant!

@Sian in Belgium The Drosera (Honeydew, sundew) probably doesn't need repotting, I would snip off the finished flowers, if any. Mine die down in the autumn and then reemerge from the root in...
    @Sian in Belgium The Drosera (Honeydew, sundew) probably doesn't need repotting, I would snip off the finished flowers, if any. Mine die down in the autumn and then reemerge from the root in spring, although this year it has been so mild that several have not died down at all. The pitcher...
    @Sian in Belgium The Drosera (Honeydew, sundew) probably doesn't need repotting, I would snip off the finished flowers, if any. Mine die down in the autumn and then reemerge from the root in spring, although this year it has been so mild that...
    @Sian in Belgium The Drosera (Honeydew, sundew) probably doesn't need repotting, I would snip off the finished flowers, if any. Mine die down in the autumn and then reemerge from the root in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. nikirushka

Creeper hedge?

Oooh brilliant, thank you for the suggestions! That would be better.I don't mind looking at the pallets but a bit of greenery that the dogs can't trample would be nice!
    Oooh brilliant, thank you for the suggestions! That would be better.I don't mind looking at the pallets but a bit of greenery that the dogs can't trample would be nice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. barryman

Help - my plant looks on it's last legs!!

Thanxx to all who replied. Will repot now as it won't do any harm and will then wait till spring to carry out the other stuff.....
    Thanxx to all who replied. Will repot now as it won't do any harm and will then wait till spring to carry out the other stuff.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 3

Holiday houseplant care

I tend to think the ginger should be evergreen, but if it dies back definitely ease off on the watering, it will come to no harm dry even, until the days get longer and warmer temps on the window...
    I tend to think the ginger should be evergreen, but if it dies back definitely ease off on the watering, it will come to no harm dry even, until the days get longer and warmer temps on the window sill.
    I tend to think the ginger should be evergreen, but if it dies back definitely ease off on the watering, it will come to no harm dry even, until the days get longer and warmer temps on the window sill.
    I tend to think the ginger should be evergreen, but if it dies back definitely ease off on the watering, it will come to no harm dry even, until the days get longer and warmer temps on the window...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Christmas cactus

Light pink in full flower and the red just thinking about it. Beautiful plants for the few weeks they flower.
    Light pink in full flower and the red just thinking about it. Beautiful plants for the few weeks they flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. thriftybri

clematis

thanks again for info mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. lowrider69
    Like x 3

Venus fly trap advice

An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look quite ok.It's planted in this big jar with a...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are fading away I can see that the actual rosettes look...
    An update- the poor plant is still alive and doing surprisingly well. It got infested in brave greenflies over the summer so started to grow all wonky and wrinkled, but now that the traps are...
    venus fly trap 2.jpg Venus FlyTrap.jpg venus fly trap 03.jpg venus.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sian in Belgium

Care for a prayer plant

I have a prayer plant. I call it Deuteronomy. I learned not to overwater and not to put it in direct sun.
    I have a prayer plant. I call it Deuteronomy. I learned not to overwater and not to put it in direct sun.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice