Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

I have rooted some variegated Bougie cuttings, off of one plant, from Kuala, it wasn't in flower so I don't know what colour the flowers will be.
    I have rooted some variegated Bougie cuttings, off of one plant, from Kuala, it wasn't in flower so I don't know what colour the flowers will be.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

I can send you cuttings if you like, PM me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Nikolaos
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nikolaos

Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' not doing well...

Hi Guys,Planted these about 4 years ago. Never seem to do very well, no suckering. They're in ericaceous soil and get a fair amount of sun, so it can't be that. Should I prune the unproductive...
    Hi Guys,Planted these about 4 years ago. Never seem to do very well, no suckering. They're in ericaceous soil and get a fair amount of sun, so it can't be that. Should I prune the unproductive wood? Perhaps I should prune hard? No idea, can't seem to find any information online, which is why...
    Hi Guys,Planted these about 4 years ago. Never seem to do very well, no suckering. They're in ericaceous soil and get a fair amount of sun, so it can't be that. Should I prune the unproductive wood? Perhaps I should prune hard? No idea, can't...
    Hi Guys,Planted these about 4 years ago. Never seem to do very well, no suckering. They're in ericaceous soil and get a fair amount of sun, so it can't be that. Should I prune the unproductive...
    DSCN0627.JPG DSCN0628.JPG DSCN0629.JPG RSCN0635.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Nikolaos

I Want Some Truly Blue Hardy Geraniums (and blue-flowered plant suggestions)

@longk Brilliant, bless you mate! I always make a bigger effort with growing seed other people have given me because I feel awful if I don't use it! Guilt can be a great motivating force! ;o)Nick
    @longk Brilliant, bless you mate! I always make a bigger effort with growing seed other people have given me because I feel awful if I don't use it! Guilt can be a great motivating force! ;o)Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Tracy Davison

Poorly Salix udensis

Can anyone tell me why my Salix udensis keeps dropping it’s leaves, it has lots of gold leaves but several turn brown and drop every day, it’s done this since I bought it a year ago and has grown...
    Can anyone tell me why my Salix udensis keeps dropping it’s leaves, it has lots of gold leaves but several turn brown and drop every day, it’s done this since I bought it a year ago and has grown well despite this issue
    Can anyone tell me why my Salix udensis keeps dropping it’s leaves, it has lots of gold leaves but several turn brown and drop every day, it’s done this since I bought it a year ago and has grown well despite this issue
    Can anyone tell me why my Salix udensis keeps dropping it’s leaves, it has lots of gold leaves but several turn brown and drop every day, it’s done this since I bought it a year ago and has grown...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ricky101

Sweet Peas

Mmmmm ....I can smell them from down here @Marley Farley :awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ricky101

'Winter' Voilas ?

Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but...
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but waited till spring
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but waited till spring
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. K78
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Berberis Artista

Olive

Your image @Berberis Artista
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nikolaos

Is there a way to get my Deutzia to flower more and for a longer period?

Yes Nikalaos, remove after flowering :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Nikolaos

Wintersweet not flowering

@CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would probably remain unaffected anyway) they are a...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. ellen9661

Alstromeria rhizomes

Hello Ellen9661 :)I replant the rhizomes as a group in pots of mpc and leave them outside in a sheltered spot. They may not show signs of growth until next spring but they usually grow away well....
    Hello Ellen9661 :)I replant the rhizomes as a group in pots of mpc and leave them outside in a sheltered spot. They may not show signs of growth until next spring but they usually grow away well. Plant out when in full growth next spring :)Bin them if you really don’t like them but if you do...
    Hello Ellen9661 :)I replant the rhizomes as a group in pots of mpc and leave them outside in a sheltered spot. They may not show signs of growth until next spring but they usually grow away well. Plant out when in full growth next spring :)Bin...
    Hello Ellen9661 :)I replant the rhizomes as a group in pots of mpc and leave them outside in a sheltered spot. They may not show signs of growth until next spring but they usually grow away well....
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nikolaos

Should I give my Winter Honeysuckle a trim? Occasional branch shedding.

Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do with it in Summer and Autumn. The branches at the top always look rather awkward and it never seems...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do with it in Summer and Autumn. The branches at the...
    Hi All,Hope I'm posting these questions in the right forum section. I love the look (and intense scent) of my Lonicera Fragrantissima in Winter and Spring, but I'm never quite sure what to do...
    RSCN0564.JPG DSCN0563.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. luciusmaximus

Buddleja's dying

Good questions by Verdun. My general practice where a shrub or tree appears to be dying is to reduce the strain and demand on the plants system. Where possible cut back, never mind the right or...
    Good questions by Verdun. My general practice where a shrub or tree appears to be dying is to reduce the strain and demand on the plants system. Where possible cut back, never mind the right or wrong time to prune. Do a quick visual test. Close to ground level, carefully scrape away a small...
    Good questions by Verdun. My general practice where a shrub or tree appears to be dying is to reduce the strain and demand on the plants system. Where possible cut back, never mind the right or wrong time to prune. Do a quick visual test. ...
    Good questions by Verdun. My general practice where a shrub or tree appears to be dying is to reduce the strain and demand on the plants system. Where possible cut back, never mind the right or...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. AVFAR

geranium rozanne

Mine isn't Rozanne although it's a blue Geranium and has just finished it's first flowering this year. I'll cut it back and hopefully it should flower again.
    Mine isn't Rozanne although it's a blue Geranium and has just finished it's first flowering this year. I'll cut it back and hopefully it should flower again.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. K78

Is this beyond saving?

Appearances can be deceiving, so even if a plant looks dead, doesn’t mean that it is but If you suspect your plant is dead, but you are not sure, the fastest way to tell if it is dead is to check...
    Appearances can be deceiving, so even if a plant looks dead, doesn’t mean that it is but If you suspect your plant is dead, but you are not sure, the fastest way to tell if it is dead is to check the stems. The stems of the plant should be pliable and firm and will have a green cast on the...
    Appearances can be deceiving, so even if a plant looks dead, doesn’t mean that it is but If you suspect your plant is dead, but you are not sure, the fastest way to tell if it is dead is to check the stems. The stems of the plant should be...
    Appearances can be deceiving, so even if a plant looks dead, doesn’t mean that it is but If you suspect your plant is dead, but you are not sure, the fastest way to tell if it is dead is to check...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. RandyRos

Clematis gone weird

Thanks. I've never seen it happen before. weird lol
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Mattyvx

Azelea leads dying

Hi all,Have two potted azaleas and one of them is really strugglingSoil is correct and fresh. Had a problem which looked like scorch and lace bug which is now treated and cut back several...
    Hi all,Have two potted azaleas and one of them is really strugglingSoil is correct and fresh. Had a problem which looked like scorch and lace bug which is now treated and cut back several branches and removed all dying leaves. New growth came but is starting to show same effectsLeaves...
    Hi all,Have two potted azaleas and one of them is really strugglingSoil is correct and fresh. Had a problem which looked like scorch and lace bug which is now treated and cut back several branches and removed all dying leaves. New growth came...
    Hi all,Have two potted azaleas and one of them is really strugglingSoil is correct and fresh. Had a problem which looked like scorch and lace bug which is now treated and cut back several...
    20190613_183542.jpg 20190619_072326.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. TaraMaiden

Water Plonker...

Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my daughter has. Hers is a variegated form. Very...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Jane Kirk

Unknown plant growing well in my bucket

Hmm could be, the black spots appearing on the leaves is a dead giveaway if it is... Loads of that growing here in the organic hay fields.. :scratch:
    Hmm could be, the black spots appearing on the leaves is a dead giveaway if it is... Loads of that growing here in the organic hay fields.. :scratch:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Jane Kirk

Drooping money tree plant

Thank you . I will try that . Time for a coffee
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice