Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    Dendrobium.Phalaenopsis.
    DSC_0040.JPG IMG_3311.JPG 20190224_141014.jpg 20190224_141059.jpg IMG_20190213_081206330.jpg IBOUG 3.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Shaneoak

Mohican Allium, Pink Allium and Muscari...too late to plant?

ha fair enough. I've become quite fond of the Muscari and yes, some new varieties are great. I had some white topped and sky blue ones last year, looked so pretty with light pink large Hycianth's....
    ha fair enough. I've become quite fond of the Muscari and yes, some new varieties are great. I had some white topped and sky blue ones last year, looked so pretty with light pink large Hycianth's. I have burgundy Anemone which seem to do well and look lush! The bulb supplier still haven't...
    ha fair enough. I've become quite fond of the Muscari and yes, some new varieties are great. I had some white topped and sky blue ones last year, looked so pretty with light pink large Hycianth's. I have burgundy Anemone which seem to do well...
    ha fair enough. I've become quite fond of the Muscari and yes, some new varieties are great. I had some white topped and sky blue ones last year, looked so pretty with light pink large Hycianth's....
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Eroka

Help! My potted Olive Tree (Olea Europea) is dying...

As Pete said, I have never heard of an indoor olive tree. My potted olive tree was looking very sad early this year, pete advise a feeding regime. I fed it once a week for about two months, and...
    As Pete said, I have never heard of an indoor olive tree. My potted olive tree was looking very sad early this year, pete advise a feeding regime. I fed it once a week for about two months, and now it's bursting with health :dbgrtmb: They are hardy to -10°c, so it is fine outside all year.
    As Pete said, I have never heard of an indoor olive tree. My potted olive tree was looking very sad early this year, pete advise a feeding regime. I fed it once a week for about two months, and now it's bursting with health :dbgrtmb: They are hardy to...
    As Pete said, I have never heard of an indoor olive tree. My potted olive tree was looking very sad early this year, pete advise a feeding regime. I fed it once a week for about two months, and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kevin Cowans

How to move a small Winter Jasmine

Hello @ricky101Thanks for the reply and the information.Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Shaneoak

Crocus

Lucky you! A pic would be great in feb or whenever they bloom.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. strongylodon
    Like x 7

Show Us Your Houseplants in Bloom now 2020.

A pair of "Christmas " cacti
    IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1891.JPG P1180001.JPG P1180006.JPG P2060008.JPG P2190065.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Christmas Cactus

Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    P1020616.JPG P1020617.JPG upload_2020-11-7_14-32-28.png upload_2020-11-7_14-36-52.png upload_2020-11-7_14-37-34.png IMG_20201107_170150.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. buddleia64

Soapwort

Just heel them in somewhere, or put them in a pot and cover with compost.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

How do I move a 1 Year old Cotinus (Smoke Tree)

I would leave alone as its a big shrub and will fill the space ..... easily pruned
    I would leave alone as its a big shrub and will fill the space ..... easily pruned
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Kevin Cowans

Can anyone please recommend a plant?

Hello allThanks for the replies, much [email protected] G no that is not lawn around the corner, it is another border, unfortunately, I do not know what it is that is growing on the surface,...
    Hello allThanks for the replies, much [email protected] G no that is not lawn around the corner, it is another border, unfortunately, I do not know what it is that is growing on the surface, something I need to look in to.I will look up the suggestions.ThanksKevin
    Hello allThanks for the replies, much [email protected] G no that is not lawn around the corner, it is another border, unfortunately, I do not know what it is that is growing on the surface, something I need to look in to.I will look up...
    Hello allThanks for the replies, much [email protected] G no that is not lawn around the corner, it is another border, unfortunately, I do not know what it is that is growing on the surface,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Shaneoak

Brought Small variety of Chrysanthemums from Asda-withered...

If you get flowering cyclamen, the type florists sell, they should last a fair time, most of the winter, but as pot plants they need cool airy conditions, too hot and they dont like it, too cold,...
    If you get flowering cyclamen, the type florists sell, they should last a fair time, most of the winter, but as pot plants they need cool airy conditions, too hot and they dont like it, too cold, frost, and they die . An unheated porch tend to suit them if frost free.Garden cyclamen are a...
    If you get flowering cyclamen, the type florists sell, they should last a fair time, most of the winter, but as pot plants they need cool airy conditions, too hot and they dont like it, too cold, frost, and they die . An unheated porch tend to...
    If you get flowering cyclamen, the type florists sell, they should last a fair time, most of the winter, but as pot plants they need cool airy conditions, too hot and they dont like it, too cold,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. LEricG

Hardy Cyclamen failures

I agree with Caroline:love30: Soft bulbs or corms are not a good sign that it is healthy.:dunno:
    I agree with Caroline:love30: Soft bulbs or corms are not a good sign that it is healthy.:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Appleblossom31

Clemetis problem?? Dalhia ID

The Dahlia is the Cactus type but the exact variety its hard to say as there are so many. We often grow the Single dwarf types which only get to about 40-50cm high but have masses of flowers...
    The Dahlia is the Cactus type but the exact variety its hard to say as there are so many. We often grow the Single dwarf types which only get to about 40-50cm high but have masses of flowers which bees love.If the large Clematis is a Montana is main flowering flush is in Spring but as @JR...
    The Dahlia is the Cactus type but the exact variety its hard to say as there are so many. We often grow the Single dwarf types which only get to about 40-50cm high but have masses of flowers which bees love.If the large Clematis is a Montana...
    The Dahlia is the Cactus type but the exact variety its hard to say as there are so many. We often grow the Single dwarf types which only get to about 40-50cm high but have masses of flowers...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Selleri

Dendrobium worries

Thanks @Mike Allen ! The situation hasn't changed and the leaf loss has been gradual. I think you might have hit the nail with watering, it does dry out quite quickly and I may have been keeping...
    Thanks @Mike Allen ! The situation hasn't changed and the leaf loss has been gradual. I think you might have hit the nail with watering, it does dry out quite quickly and I may have been keeping it too dry. I'll keep a closer eye on the watering now. Thanks :)
    Thanks @Mike Allen ! The situation hasn't changed and the leaf loss has been gradual. I think you might have hit the nail with watering, it does dry out quite quickly and I may have been keeping it too dry. I'll keep a closer eye on the watering...
    Thanks @Mike Allen ! The situation hasn't changed and the leaf loss has been gradual. I think you might have hit the nail with watering, it does dry out quite quickly and I may have been keeping...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Victoria
    Like x 3

Marijuana

Is that fencing electrified? :th scifD36:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. barryman

What do I do now ????

Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice...
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice and cut new shoot if it has it's own root system.Thanks again for your advice.
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice and cut new shoot if it has it's own root...
    Thank you very much. Just looked up Yucca Elephantipes and yes, it certainly is that. So now I'll wait a few months to see if anything shoots from original stem otherwise I'll follow your advice...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nikolaos

What soil to plant my marjoram in

@Sian in Belgium Thanks very much for that, Sian! :) I think I'll dig down deep and perforate the planting hole with a fork rather than planting on a mound. I'll also add plenty of grit.Nick
    @Sian in Belgium Thanks very much for that, Sian! :) I think I'll dig down deep and perforate the planting hole with a fork rather than planting on a mound. I'll also add plenty of grit.Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Gloucester Gardener

Multi-headed sunflower

I'd reckon quite possibly yes! .. Next year you can report back to let us know ;)
    I'd reckon quite possibly yes! .. Next year you can report back to let us know ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Shaneoak

Desperate to grow double hollyhocks!

Thank you i'll give these a shot
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kevin Cowans

Clematis with only one Main Stem

Hello @Black OrchidThanks for the reply.When I had the Garden planted in September 2019 I was told to basically plant the Clematis at double the depth of the pot, which was done, hopefully...
    Hello @Black OrchidThanks for the reply.When I had the Garden planted in September 2019 I was told to basically plant the Clematis at double the depth of the pot, which was done, hopefully that will help.I seem to be having some teething issues with two of the five Clematis at the moment...
    Hello @Black OrchidThanks for the reply.When I had the Garden planted in September 2019 I was told to basically plant the Clematis at double the depth of the pot, which was done, hopefully that will help.I seem to be having some teething...
    Hello @Black OrchidThanks for the reply.When I had the Garden planted in September 2019 I was told to basically plant the Clematis at double the depth of the pot, which was done, hopefully...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Peter Piper

Dahlia Buds.

Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the other common pest, again more often noticed by holes...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice