1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. longk
    Locked Sticky

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

Christmas Cactus the third time this year
    DSC_3219.jpg DSC_3221.jpg DSC_3222.jpg DSC_3223.jpg 005.JPG 006.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Thank you Alisa :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. silu

Anybody know about Orchids?

I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    I am a member of the Northeastern New York Orchid Society. On our site we have a great resource for growing any type orchid.Orchid Care & Culture
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. FlymoDM

Smelly flowers & plants

He does! It's 15 per cent proof :whistle: :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. longk
    Like x 6

Show us your houseplants in bloom now 2017

Valotta ( so pleased with this. This is the second stem i've had this year. )Beloperone ( Shrimp Plant )Impatiens Sodenii
    Valotta ( so pleased with this. This is the second stem i've had this year. )Beloperone ( Shrimp Plant )Impatiens Sodenii
    16807394_10212552824719440_2863827866934524885_n.jpg 13872653_10210518108852815_8777374087424740934_n.jpg DSC_0576 (2).JPG DSC_0579 (2).JPG DSC_0221.JPG 20171001_144154.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nikirushka

Hard pruning a tamarix

Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has delightful forgrt me not flowers in spring. ...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras ...there are some beauties; hadspen cream has...
    Nikirushka You can prune hard in spring. It will respond well. Thereafter, prune every year after flowering to keep it floriferous and compact. Low growers for dappled shade? I suggest brunneras...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

What to do with Sunflowers

I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    I put some over the compost heap a few days ago,I still have some in flower, i will leave these to help protect the bamboo and feed the birds through the winter.
    P1000749.JPG IMG_0370.JPG IMG_0373.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. clanless

Cut flower ideas please

Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as well.Clare G - out of the blue, I received a catalogue in the post from Sarah Raven - using the word...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as well.Clare G - out of the blue, I received a catalogue...
    Thanks everyone. Beehappy - those flower arrangements look fabulous :spinning:.ricky101 - good idea :blue thumb:- never thought about dried flowers - that way we can enjoy them during the dark Winter months as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. NigelJ

Cornus colour problem

Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. karaman

How should i protect verbascum in winter?

thanks PaulB3, on reflection i think you are dead right! will make my life easier anyway having to worry about one less plant..... cheers, karaman
    thanks PaulB3, on reflection i think you are dead right! will make my life easier anyway having to worry about one less plant..... cheers, karaman
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Linz

Orchid baby

The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom...
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom and I'm like, noooo go for the ones in bud!!
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom and I'm like, noooo go for the ones in bud!!
    The orchids I bought were reduced.. I try not to buy full price if I can help it :redface:Ah feel your pain, when I'm hovering over the cut flowers I notice people tend to go for the ones in full bloom...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Shaneoak

Tiny Delphinium's

Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be Larkspur. Not sure.
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Upsydaisy

Orchid help please!

Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never left it to stand in water before.....is this done as a drastic measure or is this the correct/best...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never left it to stand in water before.....is this done...
    Update!!!!! hubs has phoned to say that he let the orchid soak, as kindly instructed to by @ricky101,and amazingly the leaves are better!!!! Thanks so much for all the advice offered...have never...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Snowbaby

Fuschia cuttings

I just used a standard multi purpose one
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Paul Blackburn

Ideas wanted to grow Borage

I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically though can be easily removed. This was growing between paving slabs... A useful little filler in the...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically though can be easily removed. This was growing between...
    I grow the perennial pygmy borage (borago pygmea or laxifolia) bought from Cally Gardens. It is quite blue (though photo is lousy - cat was nudging my hand), and seeds quite enthusiastically...
    BoragoPygmea1.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Snowbaby

Rooting carnations

Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. ...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. Water. Cover with polythene bag. Leave in a warm spot out of direct sun. Come September you will have...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. Water. Cover with polythene bag. Leave in a warm spot...
    Easy peasy Snowbaby No you dont need rooting powder Take "pipings"....cuttings from shoots without any buds, about 3" or so long. Mpc is fine but if you add 50% perlite so much the better. ...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Sargan

Can you help identify this shrub ?

The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jimcub

Pampas grass

....or disadvantages - as the case may be :psnp:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. lowrider69

Name of these plant please

that's the ones thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. David E Peacock

Treatment of Tulip bulblets . . .

@PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I shall also consider following your lead in...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. JDQuinn

I don't know what this is but it's not doing well!

Thanks all for replies, other than a very light tidy up I've never really pruned them so maybe cutting back quite hard will encourage new growth and thickening.
    Thanks all for replies, other than a very light tidy up I've never really pruned them so maybe cutting back quite hard will encourage new growth and thickening.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Michael Hewett
    Like x 4

Amarylis

That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    That's a bargain!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options