Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

Bougainvilleas coming into flower again.Second flowering of a dwarf Phal given to Mrs S last July.
    Bougainvilleas coming into flower again.Second flowering of a dwarf Phal given to Mrs S last July.
    DSC_0040.JPG IMG_3311.JPG 20190224_141014.jpg 20190224_141059.jpg IMG_20190213_081206330.jpg IBOUG 3.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

I can send you cuttings if you like, PM me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Jenny namaste
    Like x 5

Oxalis triangularis " Cupido"

Sorry, I have no more left. I took 12 packets to my local Flower &Veg club and sold them all at 50p per packet - all proceeds to the club. And they all went, Jenny
    Sorry, I have no more left. I took 12 packets to my local Flower &Veg club and sold them all at 50p per packet - all proceeds to the club. And they all went, Jenny
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shaneoak

Do Oriental Poppies flower the following year?

Thanks for the advice Nigel, much appreciated. ( I'm always worried about ordering Perennials, as i'm under the impression they flower the following year for e.g Scabiosa, Achilea. Canterbury...
    Thanks for the advice Nigel, much appreciated. ( I'm always worried about ordering Perennials, as i'm under the impression they flower the following year for e.g Scabiosa, Achilea. Canterbury Bells etc). You think the Poppies might befit from fish and blood bonemeal when i'm planting them?
    Thanks for the advice Nigel, much appreciated. ( I'm always worried about ordering Perennials, as i'm under the impression they flower the following year for e.g Scabiosa, Achilea. Canterbury Bells etc). You think the Poppies might befit from...
    Thanks for the advice Nigel, much appreciated. ( I'm always worried about ordering Perennials, as i'm under the impression they flower the following year for e.g Scabiosa, Achilea. Canterbury...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Riley CCM

What do you Think of This?

What type of seed is it:heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. roders
    Like x 8

Show us your House Plants in bloom 2019.

My lovely Orchid bought last year by my daughter for Fathers Day.
    EBE12B51-3598-41A8-9451-F8AFC6C0AE97.jpeg AB78F354-3668-4722-8728-B0EE836B349C.jpeg 2C750C26-771D-455E-BE81-5B377830A26B.jpeg FD7C2894-A8EC-447B-9F7F-AC20857AB680.jpeg DSC_1651.jpg P1020160.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc.

Due to abTech’ problem we have started a new threadHERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. longk

Show us your houseplants in bloom now

CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    CLOSEDNEW THREAD. HERE
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. MAJ

Buddleja renovation

Thanks @Verdun!
    Thanks @Verdun!
    Thanks @Verdun!
    Thanks @Verdun!
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. jazzy

Hydrangeas - When to plant?

Yes, jazzy. Perfect :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Snorky85

Pruning Christmas Box

Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Krista

How would you improve this Aspidistra?

Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But a cleaned pot and a bit of peat based compost...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. LauraRoslin

What to do with stocks in December?

Awww my backside!:snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gail_606

Daffs out already OMG

Hello Tam, long time no chat mate :)...cold spell we've got bad weather coming yet with it :snorky:
    Hello Tam, long time no chat mate :)...cold spell we've got bad weather coming yet with it :snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Lawns coming back again

We've large number of worm casts on our lawn. This is always evidence of a heathy lawn and they provide a lot of aeration.
    We've large number of worm casts on our lawn. This is always evidence of a heathy lawn and they provide a lot of aeration.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 3

My spider plant is having babies AND flowering!

I was forever repotting mine. I brought it home from work where it was really struggling. It had been left by an ex-colleague. I put it on a south-facing windowsill and it went nuts!
    I was forever repotting mine. I brought it home from work where it was really struggling. It had been left by an ex-colleague. I put it on a south-facing windowsill and it went nuts!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. longk
    Like x 11

Show Us Your Houseplants In Bloom 2018

Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    Christmas Cactus
    img 5.jpg P1000990.JPG img.jpg DSC00072.JPG DSC00073.JPG DSC00074.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. MAJ

Getting rid of a diseased Kerria

Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus Delavayi are two of my favourites, the first for...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Whippet

Bamboo division.

It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the...
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the dark. :biggrin:
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the dark. :biggrin:
    It must be very relaxing for you, sitting looking out on to your garden. It looks stunning. I only have a floodlight on the wall of my house. It is just used when my dogs go into the garden in the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Delta

Decidious azaleas?

Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Azaleas can be deciduous or evergreen. I have both here. An important factor in growing azaleas in pots is not to mulch too heavily. A soil based ericaceous compost too is important. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Selleri

Orchid question: my Phalenops is growing a lot of roots

Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top and let it drain straight though the pot for a few...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts etc.Normally you just pour the water on the top...
    Hi,A general guide to watering is when the roots look white/creamish colour then they need watering with a weak fertilizer, just plain tepid water every 5th or 6th time to wash away old salts...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Snorky85

Weigela

Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant it out but, again, I would prefer to keep it in...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice