Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Ah, lovely to see it's flourishing, I'm pleased
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Esoxlucius

Sanguineum

I've never heard of that but yes, that looks to be just what i'm looking for. Just need to find one now! Thank you.
    I've never heard of that but yes, that looks to be just what i'm looking for. Just need to find one now! Thank you.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Poppypuss

Hardy Geranium ideas

Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kevin Cowans

Primula Seedlings: What Next

The trays would be fine outside, but they give a little more protection than just leaving them where they are.
    The trays would be fine outside, but they give a little more protection than just leaving them where they are.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Nikolaos

Does anyone here grow white lysimachias? Could do with some advice!

Sounds like the problem is that they're in that south-facing border and getting too hot, thanks everyone, will try them in a shadier spot this year! :)Nick
    Sounds like the problem is that they're in that south-facing border and getting too hot, thanks everyone, will try them in a shadier spot this year! :)Nick
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Mrs Hillard
    Like x 4

Members CLEMATIS 2024..

Thanks @Sheps
    Thanks @Sheps
    Thanks @Sheps
    Thanks @Sheps
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kevin Cowans

Clematis Montana 'Mayleen'

HelloThanks for the Reply.I do not have any Mulch to Hand but I will see what I can do.Any ideas, realistically, as to when I can expect to see New Growth from the Base?How Long is a Piece...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I do not have any Mulch to Hand but I will see what I can do.Any ideas, realistically, as to when I can expect to see New Growth from the Base?How Long is a Piece of String Question, I know :)ThanksKevin
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I do not have any Mulch to Hand but I will see what I can do.Any ideas, realistically, as to when I can expect to see New Growth from the Base?How Long is a Piece of String Question, I know :)ThanksKevin
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I do not have any Mulch to Hand but I will see what I can do.Any ideas, realistically, as to when I can expect to see New Growth from the Base?How Long is a Piece...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Michael Hewett

Poliscias balfouriana

Thank you @Pete8 I shall put the cuttings in my propagator.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Grounded

Thuja standishii shaping advice

Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from the bottom third of the trunk though, for aesthetic reasons! Try starting at the bottom and go slowly,...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from the bottom third of the trunk though, for aesthetic...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. steve (cambridge)

Advice on what tallish shrub/bush/tree to purchase

Thanks for the info guys I'll give them all a good google :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Prestwich Gardener

The mystery of Tigridia conchiflora var. 'Watkinsoni'

I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted to nod to his achievements by planting some of his hybrids.I managed to obtain some of his...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted to nod to his achievements by planting some of...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Loofah

Pelargoniums

This is a mix of regals, they flowered all summer and autumn. Unfortunately I have lost the biggest plant in this photo, which was one of my own hybrids (named Ethelwyn, after a character from a...
    This is a mix of regals, they flowered all summer and autumn. Unfortunately I have lost the biggest plant in this photo, which was one of my own hybrids (named Ethelwyn, after a character from a story by George MacDonald).
    This is a mix of regals, they flowered all summer and autumn. Unfortunately I have lost the biggest plant in this photo, which was one of my own hybrids (named Ethelwyn, after a character from a story by George MacDonald).
    This is a mix of regals, they flowered all summer and autumn. Unfortunately I have lost the biggest plant in this photo, which was one of my own hybrids (named Ethelwyn, after a character from a...
    upload_2024-3-21_17-0-55.png IMG_4122.jpeg PXL_20240321_172522598.MP.jpg IMG_4069.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dropmore

IS THIS SALVIA GREGGII DEAD

Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to get their main nesting site (old ruin of a former farmhouse) cleared out so we don't disturb them...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to get their main nesting site (old ruin of a former...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

How to Control Japanese Anemone

Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

Where to plant Lillies dilemma!

Thank you for the advice all. Just need them to arrive here on time now!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Dropmore

Group 3 clematis recommendations

Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to...
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to see it in a garden setting. Probably go with that them thanks again.
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to see it in a garden setting. Probably go with that...
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Februarysgirl

Snapdragon Madame Butterfly Ivory

They should go on to flower ok, but they often get rust which is not good and more likely on overwintered plants. Perhaps just grow a few more to add, just in case.
    They should go on to flower ok, but they often get rust which is not good and more likely on overwintered plants. Perhaps just grow a few more to add, just in case.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Esoxlucius

Calatheas

This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!!...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!! Lol.Look at it now, beautiful. Sometimes you've just got to embrace the challenge that these plants...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!! Lol.Look at it now, beautiful. Sometimes you've just...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Kevin Cowans

Hard Pruning Winter Jasmine

Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them...
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them on.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them on.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. pete

Achimenes

Thanks John @JWK , I couldn't find it earlier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Kevin Cowans

How to Move a Small Fern

Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern is not Big enough to warrant Dividing so I have...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice