1. Forum News
    A NEW PHOTO COMP WILL BE STARTING THIS MONTH more information in Photo Competitions Photo Competitions Are Changing!
    Please Support The Road Verge Campaign!
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

Lovely to know what it is - we already love it!Now I can find out how to look after it in the future:thumbsup:
    Lovely to know what it is - we already love it!Now I can find out how to look after it in the future:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

I can send you cuttings if you like, PM me.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Dai007

Name of a Bush

Thanks sorry for delay in reply. Yes after a few photos taken with the app yes it was a Spruce. This bush is in a large pot and about2/3feet tall incuding pot Thanks all. David.
    Thanks sorry for delay in reply. Yes after a few photos taken with the app yes it was a Spruce. This bush is in a large pot and about2/3feet tall incuding pot Thanks all. David.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sian in Belgium

Holiday houseplant care

I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck with the ferns!! All these plants from one “mother” maidenhair....My ginger plant is looking...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck with the ferns!! All these plants from one...
    I’m just about to take my water-sensitive houseplants round to a friend's house, so she can water them for the next fortnight whilst we are away on holiday.Gathering them together, I was struck...
    A328F327-0613-4C43-B720-A0B7C068D68B.jpeg C8E5710E-154C-46FB-81F0-988E6DF4D0FA.jpeg E2542968-BF60-42EB-9A7C-FC93253B1664.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Philadelphus "starbright"

I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it....
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it. I’ll make sure i clear those leaves away when they drop soon.Let’s see what happens....
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it. I’ll make sure i clear those leaves away when they...
    I’m sure it’ll recover Mike. I like the challenge of restoring it. Its been planted up-old old stalks removed and the newer shoots remain. Fresh compost and super duper seaweed feed will sort it....
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Nikolaos

Best Perennial Plants For Butterflies

@ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year! (my apologies to any butterflies I may have left...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year!...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Nikolaos

Verbena bonariensis 'Lollipop', does it come true from seed?

"Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common names are confusing and it's very easy to get...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. FlourishAnn

Sarracenia - carnivorous plant!

Thanks @Spruce . I think I’m ok though, as the Drosera is one of the common sundews - probably Drosera aliciae? I think they can flower without being too detrimental to the parent plant?
    Thanks @Spruce . I think I’m ok though, as the Drosera is one of the common sundews - probably Drosera aliciae? I think they can flower without being too detrimental to the parent plant?
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nikolaos

Eupatorium cannabinum plugs

Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants...
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants competing with one another in the wild, really... :)Nick
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants competing with one another in the wild, really... :)Nick
    Thanks, I think I get it now, it's like they actually suffer from a complete lack of adversity and restriction. Cruel to be kind sort of thing! Makes sense when I compare it to different plants...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. nikirushka

More coleus varieties

Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared stems. As far as I am aware, the majoriy are perennial. Yes Coleus, like many other plants can...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared stems. As far as I am aware, the majoriy are...
    Hi Ricky 101. Coleus along wih many other plants belong to the Labitae genus, including the common stinging nettle and smooth nettle, the Ajuga and many more. Easily recognised by their squared...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. nikirushka

Growing tamarix from cuttings?

Chances are it would continue to "weep". Having had a quick look round cuttings seem to do well. The RHS say "Propagate by semi-hardwood cuttings in summer or hardwood cuttings in winter."
    Chances are it would continue to "weep". Having had a quick look round cuttings seem to do well. The RHS say "Propagate by semi-hardwood cuttings in summer or hardwood cuttings in winter."
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. OzT

Bird of Paradise outdoors

I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you...
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you might be pushing it a bit to expect flowers in the next couple of years.;)
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you might be pushing it a bit to expect flowers in the...
    I use a combination of a wooden frame work which I cover with blankets on frost nights. I remove the blankets when ever possible, ie. whenever the temperature is above 0 degrees C.I think you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. bill-lancaster

Pruning Weigela

I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the nice weeping effect. and a quick nip of a few inches about to balance it out. guess that is some...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the nice weeping effect. and a quick nip of a few...
    I don't usually prune mine. Only will take out stray branching near the base. see if there is any odd branch that rubs another to tight and cut that one out. cut off any that are against the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Nikolaos

Perovskia 'Blue Spire', how many should I plant here?

Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it at all and it says on a couple of websites that they're butterfly-friendly! I wonder if my buddleias...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it at all and it says on a couple of websites that...
    Oh dear, as you know I lack any trace of it! :roflol:Thanks for the pruning advice! No, quite a few bees on the perovskia already which is surprising as not many flowers open, but no butterflies on it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Nikolaos

Achillea millefolium, just how invasive is it?

I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nikolaos

Unsteady Eupatorium

Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three are done flowering to let it concentrate on root...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll cut down the stems by half just after these three...
    Thanks for the prompt and useful replies Spruce and Verdun, feel a bit less anxious about the situation now! :) I'm impatient and want to see what the flowers look like in the flesh, so I think I'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. luciusmaximus

Buddleja's dying

I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the slightest bit of waterlogging and should be pruned more lightly than the species (davidii) and its...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the slightest bit of waterlogging and should be pruned...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. lowrider69

House Plant Soil Mix?

Better off using your finger:biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. FlymoDM

Smelly flowers & plants

For me, to go into the garden on an evening ( especially after rain ), the best scents are from my collection of Dianthus ( around 50 all different, Pinks, Carnations, Sweet Williams and original...
    For me, to go into the garden on an evening ( especially after rain ), the best scents are from my collection of Dianthus ( around 50 all different, Pinks, Carnations, Sweet Williams and original wild Species giving flowers for around 10 months of the year ) and Lilies ( around 100 different,...
    For me, to go into the garden on an evening ( especially after rain ), the best scents are from my collection of Dianthus ( around 50 all different, Pinks, Carnations, Sweet Williams and original wild Species giving flowers for around 10 months...
    For me, to go into the garden on an evening ( especially after rain ), the best scents are from my collection of Dianthus ( around 50 all different, Pinks, Carnations, Sweet Williams and original...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. nikirushka

Coleus

To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a leaf joint, others can be from any point of the...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Paul Blackburn

Primrosa Plants

I have given you the wrong name for the plant it should have been Primula the wife got it wrong.Do these come as bulbs or plants when is the best time to buy and plant them.I believe they flower...
    I have given you the wrong name for the plant it should have been Primula the wife got it wrong.Do these come as bulbs or plants when is the best time to buy and plant them.I believe they flower every spring is that correct.
    I have given you the wrong name for the plant it should have been Primula the wife got it wrong.Do these come as bulbs or plants when is the best time to buy and plant them.I believe they flower every spring is that correct.
    I have given you the wrong name for the plant it should have been Primula the wife got it wrong.Do these come as bulbs or plants when is the best time to buy and plant them.I believe they flower...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Nikolaos

Clethra alnifolia 'Pink Spire' not doing well...

Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants -...
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants - Wilson Bros GardensNick
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants - Wilson Bros GardensNick
    Since I've had no feedback on this one, thought I'd leave this useful link here, might help someone else in my situation...How To Plant, Fertilize, Prune & Water Clethra Summersweet Plants -...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice