1. A very warm welcome to our new members from GW forums!
    Please see post #99 in the thread below for important information to help your friends wishing to join
    Gardeners World forum members gathering place
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message ↓
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

In place of the Clivias which have now finished flowering for this year I now have some Amaryllis! . . . . Except for the first one the others are offsets of plants I grew from my own...
    In place of the Clivias which have now finished flowering for this year I now have some Amaryllis! . . . . Except for the first one the others are offsets of plants I grew from my own harvested seeds! The first one was a present from my son & daughter-in-law two years ago. This is its...
    In place of the Clivias which have now finished flowering for this year I now have some Amaryllis! . . . . Except for the first one the others are offsets of plants I grew from my own harvested seeds! The first one was a present from my...
    In place of the Clivias which have now finished flowering for this year I now have some Amaryllis! . . . . Except for the first one the others are offsets of plants I grew from my own...
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Kevin Cowans

How to Control Japanese Anemone

Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Dropmore

IS THIS SALVIA GREGGII DEAD

Most salvias don't do well here at all - it's always about location and climate for any plant @Dropmore , so if you can add your general location to your profile, that helps with advice for any...
    Most salvias don't do well here at all - it's always about location and climate for any plant @Dropmore , so if you can add your general location to your profile, that helps with advice for any plant, and there was a thread started yesterday highlighting that. Doesn't have to be your actual...
    Most salvias don't do well here at all - it's always about location and climate for any plant @Dropmore , so if you can add your general location to your profile, that helps with advice for any plant, and there was a thread started yesterday...
    Most salvias don't do well here at all - it's always about location and climate for any plant @Dropmore , so if you can add your general location to your profile, that helps with advice for any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Shaneoak

Where to plant Lillies dilemma!

Thank you for the advice all. Just need them to arrive here on time now!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Dropmore

Group 3 clematis recommendations

Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to...
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to see it in a garden setting. Probably go with that them thanks again.
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to see it in a garden setting. Probably go with that...
    Hi thanks very much for your replies. All those clematis look lovely but I especially like the look of kermesina.I had short listed that one after looking on thorncroft sight so its nice to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Februarysgirl

Snapdragon Madame Butterfly Ivory

They should go on to flower ok, but they often get rust which is not good and more likely on overwintered plants. Perhaps just grow a few more to add, just in case.
    They should go on to flower ok, but they often get rust which is not good and more likely on overwintered plants. Perhaps just grow a few more to add, just in case.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Nikolaos

Does anyone here grow white lysimachias? Could do with some advice!

L. clethroides grows in our acid clay, too well. Easier to pull out than Firecracker which is a to be avoided thug of the worst kind. The former roots along the surface here rather than at depth.
    L. clethroides grows in our acid clay, too well. Easier to pull out than Firecracker which is a to be avoided thug of the worst kind. The former roots along the surface here rather than at depth.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Esoxlucius

Calatheas

This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!!...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!! Lol.Look at it now, beautiful. Sometimes you've just got to embrace the challenge that these plants...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!! Lol.Look at it now, beautiful. Sometimes you've just...
    This is one of mine. It wasn't doing too well a few months ago. I painstakingly nursed it back to life. At one point I nearly put it in the greenhouse, until I realised I haven't got one!!...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Kevin Cowans

Hard Pruning Winter Jasmine

Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them...
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them on.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them on.ThanksKevin
    Hello @Clare GThanks for the Reply and the information, much appreciated.The Fence they are Growing on is only 3' High with 3 Horizontal Support Wires which I am hoping to Train them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. pete

Achimenes

Thanks John @JWK , I couldn't find it earlier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Kevin Cowans

How to Move a Small Fern

Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern is not Big enough to warrant Dividing so I have...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and Watered it Well, hopefully it will be Fine.The Fern...
    Hello @ricky101Thanks for the Reply.I have just been out and Moved the Fern, I had to Dig quite a Large Hole to get the Fern out but it is now Moved, so, all Good.I have added BF&B and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bear1

camassia quamash not up yet

Yours look amazing , seen them planted on mass a couple of years ago in a garden then monty talked about them , so ordered them last year was like a big kid waiting for them to arrive can't wait...
    Yours look amazing , seen them planted on mass a couple of years ago in a garden then monty talked about them , so ordered them last year was like a big kid waiting for them to arrive can't wait for them to come up going to plant amazing grey poppies and poached egg plant round them if all goes...
    Yours look amazing , seen them planted on mass a couple of years ago in a garden then monty talked about them , so ordered them last year was like a big kid waiting for them to arrive can't wait for them to come up going to plant amazing grey...
    Yours look amazing , seen them planted on mass a couple of years ago in a garden then monty talked about them , so ordered them last year was like a big kid waiting for them to arrive can't wait...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Michael Hewett

Clivia

Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker...
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker than the Amaryllis which still have buds quite low down. .
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker than the Amaryllis which still have buds quite low...
    Being dry won't hurt them any further, you need to get rid of all that damaged foliage though.If the plants are a few years old they should flower. Mine flowered very quickly - much, much quicker...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Victoria

Ficus Gingseng Bonsai

No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the tree they started out living on, eventually killing it. They are sometimes called "strangler"...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the tree they started out living on, eventually...
    No its the plant that gets Aerial roots, not you.:biggrin:Some Fig trees are known for starting life as an epiphyte up in the branches of trees, they then grow roots down to the ground and "strangle" the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kevin Cowans

Another Casualty of the Landscaping

Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.Thanks...
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.ThanksKevin
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.ThanksKevin
    Hello allJust a quick Update.I have just had a closer look and it appears that the Main Trunk has been Split to below Ground Level :sad:I have Removed it and have Ordered a Replacement.Thanks...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kevin Cowans

Will Primula Grow in Shade?

HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry somewhat so I can Clear the Area of Weeds before...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on Wet Soil to get there.Also, I need the Soil to Dry...
    HelloThanks for the Reply.I just need for the Rain to ease off to give the Soil a chance to Dry out.As I said previously, the Area is not easy to get to and I would prefer not to Walk on...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Kevin Cowans

Pruning Cotton Lavender

Would be inclined to go back to the stem for the lower third around its circumference. The upper branches will take their place, opening the centre to new growth. Lightly trim any straggling bits....
    Would be inclined to go back to the stem for the lower third around its circumference. The upper branches will take their place, opening the centre to new growth. Lightly trim any straggling bits. It should be done after flowering-say October next autumn.
    Would be inclined to go back to the stem for the lower third around its circumference. The upper branches will take their place, opening the centre to new growth. Lightly trim any straggling bits. It should be done after flowering-say October...
    Would be inclined to go back to the stem for the lower third around its circumference. The upper branches will take their place, opening the centre to new growth. Lightly trim any straggling bits....
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. ashley1234

Jasmine wilting

I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as...
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as though you ’ve got the watering right so, as Ricky says, a bit of ambient humidity should help.
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as though you ’ve got the watering right so, as Ricky...
    I don’t think it’ s wilting, just shedding a few excess buds. It will have been a bit of a shock being transferred from light, cool conditions to darker, warmer and dryer ones. It sounds as...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Shaneoak

Primulas

Thaks for the advice.i think i will hold back a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Esoxlucius

Plant heat mats.

I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the box just to work as radiator, I keep it on minimum,...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants died. This year I placed the mat sideways in the...
    I have one of these:bought for overwintering some hoya babies last winter. I placed heating mat on the bottom of the transparent box, then plants were on the tray above the mat. Roots of plants...
    upload_2024-1-9_15-13-41.png
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Esoxlucius

Misting

Because different plants need different conditions to do well, some of the old favourites put up with anything you do, others are a bit picky and like a bit more attention.
    Because different plants need different conditions to do well, some of the old favourites put up with anything you do, others are a bit picky and like a bit more attention.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice