Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2021

Sometimes mine flower in January or February
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Shaneoak

Latest you can plant Crocus?

The likes of the discount stores do tend to sell bulbs cheaper than a G/C, they have a bigger buying power than an independent G/C.What you tend to notice with a G/C is the bulbs tend to be...
    The likes of the discount stores do tend to sell bulbs cheaper than a G/C, they have a bigger buying power than an independent G/C.What you tend to notice with a G/C is the bulbs tend to be larger. If I was to stock the same bulbs you could purchase in the likes of the pound shops or discount...
    The likes of the discount stores do tend to sell bulbs cheaper than a G/C, they have a bigger buying power than an independent G/C.What you tend to notice with a G/C is the bulbs tend to be larger. If I was to stock the same bulbs you could...
    The likes of the discount stores do tend to sell bulbs cheaper than a G/C, they have a bigger buying power than an independent G/C.What you tend to notice with a G/C is the bulbs tend to be...
    crocus.jpg Bulb_Size_2021_UK-2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Victoria
    Like x 3

Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata'

We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their balcony.This is the mother plant who has lived...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    Begonia Taylors 11 Oct 21.jpg Begonia 28 Jun 08.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. groundbeetle

Geranium yoshinoi

I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's description and your photos. It actually looks quite like the description given for the seeds I...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's description and your photos. It actually looks quite...
    I had a hunt round and found a plant labelled as G yoshinoi in a pot. It had finished flowering a while ago and needs a bit of TLC. However it appears to be low growing with leaves unlike Yeo's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Bambino129

New privet hedge plants

Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is like sticky yellow blobs that you can wipe off the stems. Tried to take a picture of one of my...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is like sticky yellow blobs that you can wipe off the...
    Possibly a bit late this year, but I would spray with a systemic insecticide. It might stop re-infestation next year.Have a close look at the shoots, the kind of scale insect I'm thinking of is...
    540A91BE-C20F-4682-BB7A-8B1D3CEF7E17.jpeg 6179235E-3763-4E62-80F1-AE2BB6F6D712.jpeg B99C080E-3704-446C-96F8-D67B24A2A103.jpeg 4CAEA393-2780-4C3A-93C5-08F388F05378.jpeg 37669196-6971-4FE9-A234-1CB799CD7408.jpeg DSC01996.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. CanadianLori

Primrose is blooming and is this right?

Thank you for your responses. I am glad that it is mother nature playing with me and not reacting to me!
    Thank you for your responses. I am glad that it is mother nature playing with me and not reacting to me!
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Barders

last legs or new hope?

Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that don't mind being a bit chilly and bring in some...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Lem
    Like x 6

Tradescantia Zebrina Fast Growing Plant [ Lovely Colour ]

I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if you're not careful.
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    image_67196673~2.JPG image_67174401~2.JPG DSC01886.JPG 000835.jpg 000838.jpg DSCF5930.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sandhun

Is any action required for this Monstera Deliciosa?

I think you have more than one plant in that pot,looks like 3 or 4 to me. They sell them like that to make them appear more busy.
    I think you have more than one plant in that pot,looks like 3 or 4 to me. They sell them like that to make them appear more busy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. groundbeetle

How to care for carnivorous plants in winter?

Mine don't get watered over winter and in the cold greenhouse they slowly dry out. As you say you are in a mild area I'd leave them outside in a sheltered spot.
    Mine don't get watered over winter and in the cold greenhouse they slowly dry out. As you say you are in a mild area I'd leave them outside in a sheltered spot.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. beanybob

Crispy fern

Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shaneoak

Frost protection

Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a...
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a sheltered wall. Thanks people
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a sheltered wall. Thanks people
    Thank you. I was thinking because they’re young they may need fleece . The hollyhocks are not in pots , but still in the ground and a good foot high now . Ok, I’ll put the potted plants near a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. NAlberto

Looking for advice on what to do to this plant/"tree"

Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close...
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close to the fence.
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close to the fence.
    Unfortunately this happens quite often. When a tree or large shrub is being planted, note should be taken of it's eventual height and spread, including root spread if possible. It's much to close...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jowo

Rhody flowers

Hi Nigel, Thanks for your reply. Yes I think next summer a mulch will be in order. I'm thinking we may have moved them into an area that's too dry. We'll see. Thanks again
    Hi Nigel, Thanks for your reply. Yes I think next summer a mulch will be in order. I'm thinking we may have moved them into an area that's too dry. We'll see. Thanks again
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nikolaos

Expensive Echinacea!

They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their non-PBR counterparts, nothing like these echinaceas! :dunno:£6.66 - The Number of the Beast, sounds like...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their non-PBR counterparts, nothing like these echinaceas!...
    They look brilliant Roders! :dbgrtmb:Thanks for the info on Tortworth Plants @Perki, they sound great. I've bought a few PBR plants over the years but they were only slightly more expensive than their...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kevin Cowans

Post Deleted

Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gizmo

Lost all flowers.

I always use rain water when possible as the water here is chalky.I don't bother about anything microscopic in the water, it's all part of the natural world as far as I'm concerned.
    I always use rain water when possible as the water here is chalky.I don't bother about anything microscopic in the water, it's all part of the natural world as far as I'm concerned.
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Nikolaos

Matricaria discoidea (Pineappleweed)

Round here, it grows along every street and creeps into front and back gardens.
    DSCN2380.JPG IMG_20210807_174704834_MP.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Shaneoak

Holes and eaten away leaves on Hollyhocks

I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    I discovered whst was causing the floppy yellow leaves. The heat! Is this common in transplants?
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Kevin Cowans

Can Ribes sanguineum 'King Edward VII' be Coppiced

I'd say immediately after flowering is best. But you should still be ok for flowers next year.
    I'd say immediately after flowering is best. But you should still be ok for flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. ACNorth

Recommendations of plants that grow tall but are spindly/flimsy please

Agastache grows tall and flimsy, though I never had a problem with it falling over even without staking, looks pretty and attracts bees like crazy.
    Agastache grows tall and flimsy, though I never had a problem with it falling over even without staking, looks pretty and attracts bees like crazy.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice