1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Begonia rex 'Black Mamba'
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. Charlie

Orchids after flowering - need help

`Many thanks Pete I'll follow your instructions, just bought the tomato food.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley

Money plant in flower

Well here is a money plant in desparate need of something.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Charlie

Orchid after flowering

Many thanks Pete
    Many thanks Pete
    Many thanks Pete
    Many thanks Pete
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. *Donna*

Orchid not flowered this year

Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an...
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an orchid in a room with northern exposure may lead to fewer bloom production or no blooms at all.
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an orchid in a room with northern exposure may lead...
    Phalaenopsis enjoy bright indirect light. Place it in a room with eastern exposure and it will thrive. It flourishes also at southern or bright northern windows. Also bear in mind that placing an...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. tweaky

Cheese Plant.

Cheers mate and thanks for the link. :thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. scooby-mas

Bearded iris

I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im...
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im not worried :biggrin:
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im not worried :biggrin:
    I remember when i bought my iris off ebay(bareroot/dormant),i just planted it as to the instructions,no special compost seem needed and its flourished since :blue thumb:so ive just plonked them in pots :) im...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. davygfuchsia

Lantana

Mine has survived a light frost far better that I expected in an unheated greenhouse this year.I have to agree. Mine flowered it's little heart out in the crappy summer of 2015 and even...
    Mine has survived a light frost far better that I expected in an unheated greenhouse this year.I have to agree. Mine flowered it's little heart out in the crappy summer of 2015 and even produced seed.
    Mine has survived a light frost far better that I expected in an unheated greenhouse this year.I have to agree. Mine flowered it's little heart out in the crappy summer of 2015 and even produced seed.
    Mine has survived a light frost far better that I expected in an unheated greenhouse this year.I have to agree. Mine flowered it's little heart out in the crappy summer of 2015 and even...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Bilbo675

Erythrina Crista-galli

More of the same, I hope.;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. exlabman

salvia winter care

My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S guaranitica has had flowers on it except for February and is...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I did take cuttings of these and Amistad. S...
    My S confertiflora stayed outside all winter in the ground. Still has foliage although, like the S guaranitica, this is rather yellow. The S involuctra lost it's foliage and is just shooting. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. stumorphmac

Water Chestnut

I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american Eleocharis dulcis that actually grow in soil ......they are different shape. about the water hyacyinth , I...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american Eleocharis dulcis that actually grow in soil ......they...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. jjrc

Anyone have a spare (preferrably big) aloe vera plant they can send me? (in the U.K)

Btw , can I be cheacky an ask if anyone got any Aloe ciliaris andAloe mitriformis or can anyone tell me where i can buy some.... sorry jjrc , still got some common aloe for you if you need .:)
    Btw , can I be cheacky an ask if anyone got any Aloe ciliaris andAloe mitriformis or can anyone tell me where i can buy some.... sorry jjrc , still got some common aloe for you if you need .:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. boogaloo

Great house plants to grow... ideas?

Just had a proper look at your link - fantastic stuff! Shows how much more interesting life can be than the usual supermarket carbon copies. I think the Pumbago is looking a definite!
    Just had a proper look at your link - fantastic stuff! Shows how much more interesting life can be than the usual supermarket carbon copies. I think the Pumbago is looking a definite!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. jodymol

Fuschia help

I pot up my tip cuttings then put into a ziplock bag without rooting power and leave for 3 weeks then well rooted. I then grow my cuttings on and nip out at 3rd pair of leaves then turn a 1/4...
    I pot up my tip cuttings then put into a ziplock bag without rooting power and leave for 3 weeks then well rooted. I then grow my cuttings on and nip out at 3rd pair of leaves then turn a 1/4 turn each day to get an even shape. And feed with tomato feed. I am growing a mini standard...
    I pot up my tip cuttings then put into a ziplock bag without rooting power and leave for 3 weeks then well rooted. I then grow my cuttings on and nip out at 3rd pair of leaves then turn a 1/4 turn each day to get an even shape. And feed with...
    I pot up my tip cuttings then put into a ziplock bag without rooting power and leave for 3 weeks then well rooted. I then grow my cuttings on and nip out at 3rd pair of leaves then turn a 1/4...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sweet-pea66

Growing Tree lily bulbs

Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i...
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i wasnt sure whether the tub was big enough to cope with the roots
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i wasnt sure whether the tub was big enough to cope with...
    Thank you Madahhlia amd Silu for your comments, i will leave them in the tubs for the time being and take your advice. My concern was that the lilies seem to be getting big very quickly and i...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. islayhawk

Fuschia Hedge

I think you would probably get about 1ft of re-growth. I don't think the manure will make much difference. Just a thought Islayhawk, from my own experience. Check the woody parts of the fuschia...
    I think you would probably get about 1ft of re-growth. I don't think the manure will make much difference. Just a thought Islayhawk, from my own experience. Check the woody parts of the fuschia hedge for woodworm. I had to dig a large one out three years ago as it was riddled with it.
    I think you would probably get about 1ft of re-growth. I don't think the manure will make much difference. Just a thought Islayhawk, from my own experience. Check the woody parts of the fuschia hedge for woodworm. I had to dig a large one out...
    I think you would probably get about 1ft of re-growth. I don't think the manure will make much difference. Just a thought Islayhawk, from my own experience. Check the woody parts of the fuschia...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Phil A

Mrs Chopper's Mushrooms

can't tell from just that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. chan2

crossandra

Hello all, anyone got experience of growing these? I am looking for plants to grow in my greenhouse for temporary displays at work. Reading up on Crossandra it suggests that they will grow...
    Hello all, anyone got experience of growing these? I am looking for plants to grow in my greenhouse for temporary displays at work. Reading up on Crossandra it suggests that they will grow quickly from seed and flower all summer, which sounds perfect. Can anyone tell me if it is as easy...
    Hello all, anyone got experience of growing these? I am looking for plants to grow in my greenhouse for temporary displays at work. Reading up on Crossandra it suggests that they will grow quickly from seed and flower all summer, which...
    Hello all, anyone got experience of growing these? I am looking for plants to grow in my greenhouse for temporary displays at work. Reading up on Crossandra it suggests that they will grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Anthorn

Rootgrow on flowering houseplants

Didn't know that. Oh well I'm an old guy and it's hard to beat the habit of a lifetime. But there is an excuse for lining the bottom of the pot when using clay pots. The hole in the bottom tends...
    Didn't know that. Oh well I'm an old guy and it's hard to beat the habit of a lifetime. But there is an excuse for lining the bottom of the pot when using clay pots. The hole in the bottom tends to be big in proportion to the size of the pot: Without lining, compost is lost every time it's...
    Didn't know that. Oh well I'm an old guy and it's hard to beat the habit of a lifetime. But there is an excuse for lining the bottom of the pot when using clay pots. The hole in the bottom tends to be big in proportion to the size of the pot:...
    Didn't know that. Oh well I'm an old guy and it's hard to beat the habit of a lifetime. But there is an excuse for lining the bottom of the pot when using clay pots. The hole in the bottom tends...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. tracy carter

telegraph plant

i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune. here's hoping they don't croak in the process.
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune....
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. rennie bottali

Buxus Still not growing in some areas - Rennie Bottali

Give them a foliar feed and they will soon grow. Seaweed i found best. G
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice