1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↑ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Begonia rex 'Black Mamba'
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. My Clay Jungle

Sedum Green roof maintenance- Vermiculite/perlite or other?

My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off cuts plus a 'substrate'- but should this substrate contain vermiculite, perlite or something else? ...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off cuts plus a 'substrate'- but should this substrate...
    My green roof (2yrs old) is patchy and needs maintenance. I've read the instructions from the installation company, but they are vague. I'm going to add slow release fertiliser, with sedum off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Prestwich Gardener

The mystery of Tigridia conchiflora var. 'Watkinsoni'

I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted to nod to his achievements by planting some of his hybrids.I managed to obtain some of his...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted to nod to his achievements by planting some of...
    I live in Prestwich and have become very interested in the botanical history of the area - particularly the Victorian botanist, John Horsefield. I got my first house and garden in 2022, and wanted...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Victoria
    Like x 3

False Aralia

Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Plerandra elegantissima / Schefflera elegantissima / Dizygotheca elegantissima and ??? which have always lived outdoors ...
    Aralia2 10 Jul 23(1).jpg Aralia 10 Jul 23.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Kevin Cowans

Planting Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens

Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in a South Facing Border.I know they are Drought...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They will be supplied in 9cm Pots and will be Planted in...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I am having to replace a couple of my Sage Plants, Sage Icterina and Sage Purpurascens due to them struggling, badly.What is the best way to Plant these?They...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gilles Pierre

Pruning Query - Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen - Privacy Screen In Planters

Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both privacy and to allow a decent amount of sunlight through, as opposed to a dense hedge.As can be seen...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both privacy and to allow a decent amount of sunlight...
    Hello.On my roof terrace I have 8 Pittosporum Tenuifolium Silver Queen plants in 4 large wooden planters situated along the perimeter wall (2 plants in each planter). The reason is for both...
    Photo1.jpg Photo2.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Kevin Cowans

Potentillia Pruning

Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when,...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when, to Prune it?Also, can Potentillia be Hard Pruned?Thanks in advanceKevin
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when, to Prune it?Also, can Potentillia be Hard...
    Hello allI hope you are well.I have a Potentillia in the Back Garden which is growing well but is a bit untidy, as can be seen here:Can anyone please offer some advice on how, and when,...
    20230412_112651.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Victoria

Pacchira Aquatica

It is looking exceptional this year. It does lose its leaves here in Winter. Being in a pot I don't think it will ever flower.
    It is looking exceptional this year. It does lose its leaves here in Winter. Being in a pot I don't think it will ever flower.
    Pachira aquatica1 15 Oct 22.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. erskine

Over-Wintering Spider Lillies

I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they were splendid. However, they will not last over winter as temps will be too low and the ground too...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they were splendid. However, they will not last over...
    I grew 3 hymenocallis Spider Lillies this year. It was a bit of an experiment as I thought the weather where I live would be too cold and wet for them to succeed here. However, they did and they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. vbgr

rubber plant damaged leaves

I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in...
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in another pot. Is this an easy way to resolve the problem. Thanks V
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in another pot. Is this an easy way to resolve the...
    I put my rubber plant outside for its summer holidays. That’s what I thought they liked, but it now looks battle worn and damaged. Can I cut it off above the damaged leaves and plant it up in...
    226FBE92-DBE5-4CE0-8120-2F93386CB3D8.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. CostasK

Clematis wilting

Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that Montanas are quite resistant to clematis wilt so I guess that wouldn't be the most likely scenario...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that Montanas are quite resistant to clematis wilt so I...
    Hi,I have a clematis Montana that was doing great until recently and suddenly its leaves went really droopy (the whole plant).I tried watering it more but this didn't help. I have read that...
    20220705_201645.jpg 20220705_201638.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. lindyco

Iris buds curl up & wilt.

Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large,...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large, colourful blooms. Last year and now this year again some of the buds are failing to fully open and are...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large, colourful blooms. Last year and now this year again...
    Hi everyone. I have a selection of different irises in my garden which I planted 4-5 years ago. They are all in the same place, a long thin bed, and have multiplied, producing lots of large,...
    IMG_20220513_152719844.jpg IMG_20220513_152647910.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Victoria
    Like x 3

Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata'

We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their balcony.This is the mother plant who has lived...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are already cuttings of the original. It lives on their...
    We went to friends yesterday and this is their Begonia 'Argenteo-guttata', Angel Wing Begonia, which was a cutting of mine from last Summer. This is it's second blooming. The lower stems are...
    Begonia Taylors 11 Oct 21.jpg Begonia 28 Jun 08.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kevin Cowans

Post Deleted

Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Post Deleted
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lauraj

Pruning pearl bush

I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been trailed up a trellis but this is struggling to hold it up now. It’s about 2.5m high 3m wide and 1m...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been trailed up a trellis but this is struggling to...
    I’ve just moved to a new house and there are a number of shrubs which are rather overgrown. There’s this pearl bush which had spectacular flowers earlier in the year. However it’s huge. It’s been...
    185B4EA9-9BD5-40F1-BF92-68D514307428.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Gizmo

Garden plants /pets

Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond...
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond but on a smaller scale Thanks for the help and advice
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond but on a smaller scale Thanks for the help and advice
    Hi I have put in a raised garden fish pond and would like to know what sort of plants would be suitable around our pond and must be dog friendly.... Our idea to to have some thing like a park pond...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Tony81

Any idea what’s happening to my plants??

Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown and spotty and my Hebe’s have always been brown on the inside however they too have started to...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown and spotty and my Hebe’s have always been brown on...
    Hi, I have some shrubs in a raised flower bed that have been planted for the last 3 years and they are starting to die... The yellow Berbaris is dropping leaves after they’ve turned brown...
    E2DDEFF4-FB34-487D-B40D-1B191232DDAA.jpeg 9D28C3A6-FA1D-464E-AAB1-5FE91A6F90BE.jpeg D19574FC-E572-4C66-A6D0-50F349C4DFE0.jpeg 62155C71-401F-4327-B95F-0BE3FABB1EA2.jpeg 0162E439-2CED-462D-9D28-3A39B3D2CFC9.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Islander77

Tree Lupins; in containers or?

My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then today I realised there is a bigger one hiding in a...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good germination and some promising young plants. Then...
    My sincere thanks to the kind person who sent me tree lupin seeds last year; I had been aiming to grow one as I had to leave a beauty at a rental!.I sowed several of them early this year; good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. MartinB

Agastachw blackadder changed colour

Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they are not as tall and they are a definite mauve -...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter, the other 2 have come back with more stems, they...
    Does anyone know why my agastache black added would have changed colour.Bought them last year and they were definetly blue with hints of dark purple maybe.This year 1 was lost over winter,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Tracy Isted

Daybed Project

Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours of the day when the sun goes down; it's the ideal...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end which is in the shade apart from the last few hours...
    Morning all. I'm new to the forum and this is my first post. I'm shouting out for inspiration and plant advice for a new project in part of our garden. We're building a daybed area at one end...
    WhatsApp Image 2020-06-13 at 12.00.52.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Sian in Belgium

Plant Rescue Inc

I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the infamous Kilmarnock willow, that founded a herb bed, from one such migration, and a new friend has...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the infamous Kilmarnock willow, that founded a herb...
    I don’t know what it is about me, but when people decide to fly across the Pond, (Or channel) I seem to be high on the list of People to Dump Plants On...We have a stunning lemon tree, and the...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice