Dismiss Notice
MONTHLY PHOTO COMPS ARE BACK!

Get your camera out, take the best shots of your life and submit them to the photo competition!

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. shiney

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2021

Sometimes mine flower in January or February
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. phalnoob

zz plant

I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a day, as its surrounded by bananas, cannas and...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends to get heavily watered, and misted three times a...
    I think you have put your finger on it PeteI have had one for a short while. But I think I am slowly (or quickly) killing it. Its in my conservatory where the humidity is very high, and it tends...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sal73
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. goldy66

Yukka thing?

If you like Phormiums there are many coloured varieties, red, Yellow, purple etc, some are a lot smaller than yours and may suit the area better.
    If you like Phormiums there are many coloured varieties, red, Yellow, purple etc, some are a lot smaller than yours and may suit the area better.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. nikirushka

Yucca needs

The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or flaccida, dont actually form an above ground stem. ...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA, tend to be shorter, some such as Y. filamentosa or...
    The one usually sold as a house plant is Y. elephantipies, its spine less, forms a trunk and in warm countries can get quite tall. The ones grown in gardens in the UK are mostly from the USA,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Woos Christmas Cactus

Just found this pic from last year of my other one
    P1220838.JPG P1220839.JPG CCactus.jpg CCC.jpg IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. "M"
    Like x 7

Woodland flowers

Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is a nutter and not always gives the desired results....
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other pretty things I took photo's of, but this camera is...
    Some of the pretty flowers seen on my travels through the woods this morning.A close upAnd some primroses looking very mellow yellow today (alongside wood anemones?)There were other...
    DSCF7209 (576x1024).jpg DSCF7252 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7233 (1024x576).jpg DSCF7245.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wayfarer

Wisteria transplant.

I dont see why not, but personally I wouldn't do it now. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Nikolaos

Wintersweet not flowering

@CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would probably remain unaffected anyway) they are a...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. raebhoop

Wintering Gunnera

Lucky you...I'd have chickens too but the cost of securing the garden would be too much.
    Lucky you...I'd have chickens too but the cost of securing the garden would be too much.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. cyberdyne

Winter suggestions

Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I...
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I found/purchased. Many thanks again.
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I found/purchased. Many thanks again.
    Thank you to all for the great suggestions. I'm not sure what I'm going to go for but I'm now armed with a good list and am about to head off to the garden centre. I'll let you know what I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. JustJim

Winter Plants?

How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    How about pernettya, gaultheria or ruscus to give low plants with different berry colours that last quite well over winter
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jim Macdonald

Winter Garden - Cornus alba sibirica Westonbirt

I cut my Cornus plants down (to stool them) in the Spring and use them as "pea sticks" in the vegetable patch ... and most of them root!
    I cut my Cornus plants down (to stool them) in the Spring and use them as "pea sticks" in the vegetable patch ... and most of them root!
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. TheMadHedger

Winter flowering houseplants - best to grow from seed ?

No, it doesn't have to be from seed, but I do like growing plants from seed. :)Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into those. :)
    No, it doesn't have to be from seed, but I do like growing plants from seed. :)Thanks for the suggestions, I'll look into those. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. docjohn

Will a Thuya Plicanta grow in the shade?

Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot...
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot a year, although probably won't do much in the first year, so a 3-footer sounds OK :)
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot a year, although probably won't do much in the...
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Kayleigh

Wilkinson's Summer Bulbs

I enjoy leading others astray:catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. GazSuttonUK

White Lupin

I'm not sure Gaz but I don't see why not. I've grown white ones for the first time this year. :)
    I'm not sure Gaz but I don't see why not. I've grown white ones for the first time this year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. rosebay

When to repot young Choisya (Mexican Orange Blossom)?

Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Paul Blackburn

When to plant Lilly of the Valley

OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Paul Blackburn

When to move bulbs outside

Keeping Squirrels from Digging in PlantsFound this on Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Paul Blackburn

When to plant bulbs

yep, have a lifetime now.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice