1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↑
Replies Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Gesneriaceae - share you photos, thoughts etc. 2019 - 2023

The same faces :)
    DSC_0023.JPG P1180010.JPG P1180013.JPG P1180015.JPG P1180043.JPG P2060024.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. wiseowl

Show Us Your HousePlants In Bloom Now 2023

Begonia rex 'Black Mamba'
    DSC03571.JPG DSC03572.JPG 20230101_144644.jpg 20230101_144709.jpg 127_2549.JPG 127_2556.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  4.   » Normal Threads
  5. ricky101

'Winter' Voilas ?

Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but...
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but waited till spring
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but waited till spring
    Hi it all depends on weather and where they are cause last year the winter was mild and some pansies and violas were flowering yet the previous year it was cold /snow none bloomed but...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nikolaos

A couple of issues with one of my Buddleia davidii

Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less of it, I suppose. I quite like the caterpillars and with 5 buddleias to potentially strip I think...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less of it, I suppose. I quite like the caterpillars...
    Thanks @pete! Yeah, having awful problems with blackfly and greenfly this year so might well be honeydew. Ladybirds are gradually coming in to sort the issue out now, so I should see less and less...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CATWOMAN

A fucshia named "twiggy"

Me too!! (Must be catching :heehee: )
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. miraflores

a glossy orchid

more orchids...:hate-shocked: pic. L. flores
    em.JPG ea.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. ARMANDII
    Like x 14

A LATE MAY AMBLE

Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I wanted something really natural that once in balance would run itself. Geoff Hamilton was/is a Hero...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I wanted something really natural that once in balance...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. VeggieNovice

A little garden privacy?

For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to a Home Bargains you can pick one up for...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you like.B&Q sell them for £45 or if you are close to...
    For instant privacy I can recommend something like this:If you don't mind having fake plastic trellis that is.But - you can take it with you if you move and you can place it where ever you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. strongylodon
    Like x 10

A perfect specimen!

Coward :heehee:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sussexgardener

A question about perennials

I'll keep an eye out next Spring and see what emerges...then get dividing. Thanks for the advice
    I'll keep an eye out next Spring and see what emerges...then get dividing. Thanks for the advice
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. strongylodon

Abutilon Meg

We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to...
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to find its own space.
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to find its own space.
    We've never had a problem with that. It is in a spot where the coffee grounds often get chucked though?Yes. It transforms it. It is quite adaptable so if it is crowded it will just grow up to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Syd Hutchinson

Abyssinian banana

It's back in the workshop now until it stays warmer.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Achillea millefolium, just how invasive is it?

I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. pete

Achimenes

Thanks John @JWK , I couldn't find it earlier.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Spruce

ADENIUM OBESUM

To my eyes for a five year old plant that is truly outstanding!
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaun Jordan

Advice on native hedge

Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to stick with your native hedge.
    Have you considered planting hollies in your existing hedge? The holly will naturally spread through the deciduous bushes around it. It's pretty slow growing, but it's an option if you want to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. steve (cambridge)

Advice on what tallish shrub/bush/tree to purchase

Thanks for the info guys I'll give them all a good google :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. martyn bromley

Advice please

Thanks Pete -maybe need to get my little greenhouse heater out and plugged in !
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Nedson

Advise required on planting Laurels in very wet ground.

Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant,...
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant, also check they may need a water, as being evergreen they lose a lot of water through the leaves. Spruce
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant, also check they may need a water, as being evergreen...
    Hello yes wait a while , laurel is a tough plant as Jenny/Monraker said keep safe for now, out of the wind , and I would cover the "rootballs" to keep any frost out of them until you plant,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Alisa

African violet (av) - saintpaulia

Well, you have a thread here now:blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Delta

African violet splitting

Indeed they can. I did one plant awhile back and got another four! look for little complete baby plants when you divide and pot up. Think I used a good compost / Vermiculite mix.
    Indeed they can. I did one plant awhile back and got another four! look for little complete baby plants when you divide and pot up. Think I used a good compost / Vermiculite mix.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. Shaneoak

agapanthus advice

It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice