1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. mowgley

Butia

Mine is definately going to go into the ground.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. sal73

Nephentes Linda

Sal, Wustaba's plants are a lot more than £2.50! But a lot of them are very rare in cultivation and you can't get them anywhere else.
    Sal, Wustaba's plants are a lot more than £2.50! But a lot of them are very rare in cultivation and you can't get them anywhere else.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Golarne

Easy slug resistant plants please for shady clay

Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes along. My two aren't remotely interested, and I've never tried to make them because it would be like...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes along. My two aren't remotely interested, and I've...
    Going for easy, reliable plants is always better with the scenario you have. If they do well, and your daughter then enjoys it, she'll experiment and maybe do a bit more research etc as she goes...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Shaneoak

Have i left it too late...

I set my camera to restrict the size of my photos to 1.5 MB. These drag and drop with no trouble at all. :blue thumb:As I have no intention of making large prints of the pictures there's no need to have...
    I set my camera to restrict the size of my photos to 1.5 MB. These drag and drop with no trouble at all. :blue thumb:As I have no intention of making large prints of the pictures there's no need to have the photos in a bigger format. :)
    I set my camera to restrict the size of my photos to 1.5 MB. These drag and drop with no trouble at all. :blue thumb:As I have no intention of making large prints of the pictures there's no need to have the photos in a bigger format. :)
    I set my camera to restrict the size of my photos to 1.5 MB. These drag and drop with no trouble at all. :blue thumb:As I have no intention of making large prints of the pictures there's no need to have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Bilbo675
    Like x 9

Anyone After Young Brug Plants

Yes, good idea. I'll also ask the owners at East Ruston what they grow, next time I'm up there.
    Yes, good idea. I'll also ask the owners at East Ruston what they grow, next time I'm up there.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. K78
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. lolalotl

hoyas hoyas more hoya!

did you have also a little soil around the roots or bare roots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. sal73

Schlumbergera

It'll be a while before they're ready! When I say slowly, I mean slowly!!!
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dragonfly Dianne

Growing ivy up the house?

Indeed, answered my own question earlier! Came home and happened to look up and yes, it certainly can grow on steel cladding :snork:Seeing the pics above though (and the ease of pruning description) I...
    Indeed, answered my own question earlier! Came home and happened to look up and yes, it certainly can grow on steel cladding :snork:Seeing the pics above though (and the ease of pruning description) I think I'm going to pull the ivy out and get a virginia creeper
    Indeed, answered my own question earlier! Came home and happened to look up and yes, it certainly can grow on steel cladding :snork:Seeing the pics above though (and the ease of pruning description) I think I'm going to pull the ivy out and get a...
    Indeed, answered my own question earlier! Came home and happened to look up and yes, it certainly can grow on steel cladding :snork:Seeing the pics above though (and the ease of pruning description) I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jack Snakes

Kaffir Lime tree

Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put it back in it's pot, leave it in a shady, sheltered corner, give it 1/2l of water once a fortnight if...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put it back in it's pot, leave it in a shady, sheltered...
    Is there much visible root, JS? If not, the last thing I'd do is disturb the rootball as that will probably finish it off. It's a job to judge what's best without being on the spot, but I'd put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Anthony Rogers

Doughnut Peaches

Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sydney Smith

Foliage Plants

I did:) Thanks for that, Sheal.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Nikolaos

Best Perennial Plants For Butterflies

@ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year! (my apologies to any butterflies I may have left...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year!...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Gail_68

Hydrangea Wilts

:thankyou: Verdun :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Shaneoak

Not sure if Colombine's will flower this year or next?

Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I collected some seeds (sent some to a fellow GC member if I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In 2015, it flowered again beautifully and I...
    Just to throw a little spanner in the works regarding aquilegias:I bought a very pretty aquilegia from Shineyland in 2014 (may have been 2013 though :scratch: ). I also moved house later that year. In...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. amymac78

Tree peony

Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Verdun

Variegated plants/coloured leaved plants...love em or hate em?

What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour in spring/early summer.....really eye...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Verdun

Echinaceas

Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and keep packing plants in the borders and try to grow anything I see and like: I...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and keep packing plants in the borders and try to grow...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Marley Farley

Money plant in flower

Well here is a money plant in desparate need of something.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. sal73

Lotus Berthelotii

I've never seen seed offered and I've looked.
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice