Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. docjohn

Will a Thuya Plicanta grow in the shade?

Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot...
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot a year, although probably won't do much in the first year, so a 3-footer sounds OK :)
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot a year, although probably won't do much in the...
    Aurea is an attractive variety. Dunno about the colour if it is in the shade though, sometimes shade enhances variegations (that get bleached out in bright sun). Its going to grow nearly a foot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kevin Cowans

Will 'Purple Sage' Re-Grow if cut down to Ground Level?

Hello @peteI had a feeling that was the case.I will cut the Main Plant back to below the damage and will keep the Layered Section.ThanksKevin
    Hello @peteI had a feeling that was the case.I will cut the Main Plant back to below the damage and will keep the Layered Section.ThanksKevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kayleigh

Wilkinson's Summer Bulbs

I enjoy leading others astray:catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Syd Hutchinson

Wigelia pruning question.

Thanks Perki. I shall attack it after this years display.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. GazSuttonUK

White Lupin

I'm not sure Gaz but I don't see why not. I've grown white ones for the first time this year. :)
    I'm not sure Gaz but I don't see why not. I've grown white ones for the first time this year. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Shaneoak

Where to plant Lillies dilemma!

Thank you for the advice all. Just need them to arrive here on time now!
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Funkar

Where to buy Laurels in bulk.

@Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size...
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size pot grown are £2.58 each. Don't envy you pruning that lot with secateurs every spring though.
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size pot grown are £2.58 each. Don't envy you pruning...
    @Funkar If you can hang on until the bare root season and accept plants 30 to 50 cm tall then 50+ are available each no doubt need to add VAT and delivery. Or if you can't wait then the same size...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. rosebay

When to repot young Choisya (Mexican Orange Blossom)?

Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Yep, that would do, Rosebay:thumbsup::snork:. Just mix it in with the soil when you're planting:coffee::snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Paul Blackburn

When to plant Lilly of the Valley

OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    OK that's great thanks @Verdun :thankyou:Doing my best to keep out of trouble :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Michael Hewett

When to plant

Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The latter is small and is my favourite one, but it...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn !The two I've got are bicolor and vandermerwei. The...
    Thanks for all replies. I think I'll wait until the autumn and then plant them, but keep them dry until the spring.I suppose the suppliers thought all bulbs should be planted in the autumn...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Paul Blackburn

When to move bulbs outside

Keeping Squirrels from Digging in PlantsFound this on Google
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Paul Blackburn

When to plant bulbs

yep, have a lifetime now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Paul Blackburn

When is the best time to plant some bulbs

I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last frost. However - I must stipulate I am in the SE of...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that they shouldn't be planted until after the last...
    I planted some Dutch Iris bulbs around this time last year and they, very kindly, flowered for me a few months later. As did the Dahlia tubers I planted at the same time, despite warnings that...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. paultall90

when can i cut back my clematis

thankyou everyone it looks like ill be cutting them back this weekend, cheers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Krista

What`s wrong with my houseplant!?

Thanks for all your suggestions. Temperature could be a problem then!(dunno if I have a warmer room?) and I could try it nearer a window but then it`s in danger of getting `burnt`leaves.No-I don`t...
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Temperature could be a problem then!(dunno if I have a warmer room?) and I could try it nearer a window but then it`s in danger of getting `burnt`leaves.No-I don`t mist it,I`ll try that too. A BIGGER pot?Really? It`s quite a tall pot(7" tall) and 6" diam.Looking...
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Temperature could be a problem then!(dunno if I have a warmer room?) and I could try it nearer a window but then it`s in danger of getting `burnt`leaves.No-I don`t mist it,I`ll try that too. A BIGGER pot?Really?...
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Temperature could be a problem then!(dunno if I have a warmer room?) and I could try it nearer a window but then it`s in danger of getting `burnt`leaves.No-I don`t...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Dave0w

whats gone wrong

Erm ... ... gosh, this is a toughie ... ... its on the tip of my tongue ... ....... :ideaIPB: ....
    Erm ... ... gosh, this is a toughie ... ... its on the tip of my tongue ... ....... :ideaIPB: ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. martyn bromley

What's wrong.

Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start making a web and are in plague numbers.For watering in Winter, wait until you see the leaves just...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start making a web and are in plague numbers.For watering...
    Also look for anything that looks like a small spiders web, a very common house plant pest is Red Spider Mite, you usually need a magnifier to see them but become just visible when they start...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nikolaos

What's wrong with my Geranium phaeum?

You are absolutely right about space and congestion Nikalaos....most geraniums do like plenty of space. I have a few here that have a spread.....Ann Folkhard, Rozanne for example...... of 2...
    You are absolutely right about space and congestion Nikalaos....most geraniums do like plenty of space. I have a few here that have a spread.....Ann Folkhard, Rozanne for example...... of 2 metres plus. Not really a plant to be squeezed in :)
    You are absolutely right about space and congestion Nikalaos....most geraniums do like plenty of space. I have a few here that have a spread.....Ann Folkhard, Rozanne for example...... of 2 metres plus. Not really a plant to be squeezed in :)
    You are absolutely right about space and congestion Nikalaos....most geraniums do like plenty of space. I have a few here that have a spread.....Ann Folkhard, Rozanne for example...... of 2...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Markymark

What's this?

So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for the advice. I'll cut it as we enter March. :-))
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow right up to where the foliage starts. Thanks for...
    So if I prune the photonics, can I take most of the growth off? I sort of like the face that it is turning into a small tree... (it's a shrub, right?) . In the summer, I have perennials that grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Gail_68

What's the best way of cutting these plants back?

Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Well I have spare pots down the back garden and hubby wants to put plants in them...so they mays well be split :thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice