1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Jane Kirk

Drooping money tree plant

Thank you . I will try that . Time for a coffee
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Val..

Making my hydrangea blue

Remember years ago taking cuttings from what was a pink Hydrangea from a friend. It then turned blue after I added some Aluminum sulphate. I think Hydrangeas are very variable when given...
    Remember years ago taking cuttings from what was a pink Hydrangea from a friend. It then turned blue after I added some Aluminum sulphate. I think Hydrangeas are very variable when given different growing conditions, and watering with tap water will probably affect the ph of erecacious ...
    Remember years ago taking cuttings from what was a pink Hydrangea from a friend. It then turned blue after I added some Aluminum sulphate. I think Hydrangeas are very variable when given different growing conditions, and watering with tap...
    Remember years ago taking cuttings from what was a pink Hydrangea from a friend. It then turned blue after I added some Aluminum sulphate. I think Hydrangeas are very variable when given...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Verdun

Variegated plants/coloured leaved plants...love em or hate em?

What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour in spring/early summer.....really eye...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves in mid winter that become a coppery orange colour...
    What about Taxus standishii? During winter it is olive green turnng bright yellow in early spring with red berries. Tall and imposing. I grow Taxus Coppershine too. This has green/white leaves...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 4

SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2019

New Thread Here:-SHOW US YOUR HOUSEPLANTS IN BLOOM NOW... 2021
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. sal73

Clematis winter beauty

I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to get them to survive. I found it was better to disregard what was quoted on the hardiness scale and...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to get them to survive. I found it was better to...
    I would say Clematis Armandii and Winter Beauty are about the same in hardiness, JWK. I lost the very first Armandii I bought due to cold and that started my curiosity of clematis and learn how to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. rustyroots

Dahlias.

Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. HarryS

Echinacea v Rudbeckia ?

Clueless I have used that joke for years? Madahhlia, keep it inside for winter. Sand in hole? Erm! I tried that couple years back thinking echinaceas needed very free draining soil but they...
    Clueless I have used that joke for years? Madahhlia, keep it inside for winter. Sand in hole? Erm! I tried that couple years back thinking echinaceas needed very free draining soil but they want good soil. Sunshine yes. In spring incorporate compost of some sort into hole, decent size...
    Clueless I have used that joke for years? Madahhlia, keep it inside for winter. Sand in hole? Erm! I tried that couple years back thinking echinaceas needed very free draining soil but they want good soil. Sunshine yes. In spring...
    Clueless I have used that joke for years? Madahhlia, keep it inside for winter. Sand in hole? Erm! I tried that couple years back thinking echinaceas needed very free draining soil but they...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. kuepper

Black Vine Weevils in house

Hi Kuepper,:sign0016:Welcome to Gardeners Corner :)You'll get to know my plant preference as you read through posts on GC, unfortunately for me I grow the Vine Weevils favourite meal, Fuchsias. I've...
    Hi Kuepper,:sign0016:Welcome to Gardeners Corner :)You'll get to know my plant preference as you read through posts on GC, unfortunately for me I grow the Vine Weevils favourite meal, Fuchsias. I've found the only way to control them is Provado . It is quite expensive to buy at around £8 a bottle,...
    Hi Kuepper,:sign0016:Welcome to Gardeners Corner :)You'll get to know my plant preference as you read through posts on GC, unfortunately for me I grow the Vine Weevils favourite meal, Fuchsias. I've found the only way to control them is Provado . It...
    Hi Kuepper,:sign0016:Welcome to Gardeners Corner :)You'll get to know my plant preference as you read through posts on GC, unfortunately for me I grow the Vine Weevils favourite meal, Fuchsias. I've...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. pamsdish

Perennial Sweet Peas

:scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up not knowing the difference in that bed :heehee: (So, no pea harvest for Mum last summer). I also have a...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up not knowing the difference in that bed :heehee: (So, no...
    :scratch: Maybe? Packet definately stated "perennial", which is why I chose that particular location. :dunno: The annual sweet peas I had were put in another bed - foolishly with "garden" peas :doh: so I ended up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Val..

Thunbergia in hanging baskets

Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal) about 6 feet long and letting them cascade down...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal)...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Sally Parker

Camelia in a Pot...

Hi Sally what made it worse for me it's stud a few winters but with how the temps was flying up and down..then it got me worried but as Verdun as stated it does tinges the heads a bit :)
    Hi Sally what made it worse for me it's stud a few winters but with how the temps was flying up and down..then it got me worried but as Verdun as stated it does tinges the heads a bit :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. joolz68

Evergreen perennials

I bought one from wilkinsons at christmas,its in the GH and still alive,all the established ones in gardens around here are still looking great after the snow :)
    I bought one from wilkinsons at christmas,its in the GH and still alive,all the established ones in gardens around here are still looking great after the snow :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. joolz68
    Like x 3

Monkey face orchid

I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related Masdevallias. As far as orchids go, they don't handle fluctuations (in temp and humidity) very well. And when...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related Masdevallias. As far as orchids go, they don't handle...
    I used to have (cripes, quite a few of my posts sound like this :sad: ) quite a substantial Dracula collection. Must have had 30 to 40 plants, as well as a good number of the closely related...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fern4

Clematis for a pot.

Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I should of kept in the pot I have been after a new one but the nursery;s by me never have it in so...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I should of kept in the pot I have been after a new one...
    Hi Fern One that I grew in a very large pot was Guernsey Cream didnt go to tall and had it in a pot for 5 years , planted it out here thinking I was doing the best thing and it died !! I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. sal73

Rare Clematis

Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course, Winter Beauty The group Armandii are evergreen but...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course,...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Sirius

What species of Bamboo do you have?

Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Growers in India and China etc use hormones to make the Bamboo flower and they get the seeds from that.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Kayleigh

Wilkinson's Summer Bulbs

I enjoy leading others astray:catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. dinp

Lonicera Tatarica Honeysuckle

Dinp, Russian Vine is the monster you have read about, otherwise known as 'Mile A Minute'. Prune it one day and it'll be back with a vengeance the next. :)
    Dinp, Russian Vine is the monster you have read about, otherwise known as 'Mile A Minute'. Prune it one day and it'll be back with a vengeance the next. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. rennie bottali

Buxus Still not growing in some areas - Rennie Bottali

Give them a foliar feed and they will soon grow. Seaweed i found best. G
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. strongylodon
    Like x 7

Show Us Your Houseplants in Bloom now 2020.

A pair of "Christmas " cacti
    IMG_1884.JPG IMG_1891.JPG P1180001.JPG P1180006.JPG P2060008.JPG P2190065.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice