1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Shaneoak

Crocus

Lucky you! A pic would be great in feb or whenever they bloom.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Lorea

Crocosmia - no signs of life

We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last...
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last week and about 12" high today :blue thumb:
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last week and about 12" high today :blue thumb:
    We have a number of Lucifer but I'm pretty sure they won't be "Late" as we've had them for some time. Our established crocosmia have only just started to recover from the winter. Nothing last...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. beanybob

Crispy fern

Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Looks like a Pellaea rotundifolia These can take a dry period better than most other ferns. So it may be salvageable.Give it a good soak, keep slightly damp, and it will hopefully come back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. nikirushka

Creeper hedge?

Oooh brilliant, thank you for the suggestions! That would be better.I don't mind looking at the pallets but a bit of greenery that the dogs can't trample would be nice!
    Oooh brilliant, thank you for the suggestions! That would be better.I don't mind looking at the pallets but a bit of greenery that the dogs can't trample would be nice!
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Jane Kirk

Crassula dropping limbs

My first thought was root rot also.Is the compost really damp?I find just some water in winter helps them to flower.
    My first thought was root rot also.Is the compost really damp?I find just some water in winter helps them to flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Gay Gardener

Cranesbill recommendation

I have only two Geraniums in my garden at the moment GG as I'm limited for space (still under development) and I don't know the names of either. :doh:As time progresses I will have more no doubt. :)
    I have only two Geraniums in my garden at the moment GG as I'm limited for space (still under development) and I don't know the names of either. :doh:As time progresses I will have more no doubt. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Phil A
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. EddieJ

Corokia Cotoneaster

I think you might be ok; have you read this article from the telegraph?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. NigelJ

Cornus colour problem

Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Superb colour if cut back hard though Nigel in spring. Winter stems....red, yellow, orange, whatever variety....are lovely :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Markymark

Cornus alba

can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    can't upload this neat picture of clear ice hanging from the red branches of this shrub. oh, well.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Grib

Cordyline?

The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil wasn't deep enough. It grew to 17' before the...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. scooby-mas

Cordyline red star

Piccies? You may have overwatered or there may have been vine weevils in the original pots which are munching the roots...
    Piccies? You may have overwatered or there may have been vine weevils in the original pots which are munching the roots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Cordyline

Assuming that I can get them out in one piece, I suppose I could.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. lake47

Concerned about my plant!

Dracaena marginata not Cordyline.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Arty Bee

Companion Planting for Passionflower?

He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow...
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow an ivy and them deliberately kill it and grow the passionflower on the remains.
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow an ivy and them deliberately kill it and grow the...
    He is a bit anal and generally against putting anything on. On a different section of wall there is already a form of virgin creeper that has very sparse leaves. I think maybe to try that. Or grow...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gail_68

Common problems with Rhododendron and Azalea

Stunning show @WeeTam and also @zilly ...mine just decides to flower when it feels like it and loves producing leaves more
    Stunning show @WeeTam and also @zilly ...mine just decides to flower when it feels like it and loves producing leaves more
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Madahhlia

Commelina tuberosa

More of an oddity really. But the lower petal is noticeably larger in relation to the top two. C.communis was a much larger plant and the flowers stayed open well into the afternoon.
    More of an oddity really. But the lower petal is noticeably larger in relation to the top two. C.communis was a much larger plant and the flowers stayed open well into the afternoon.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Kevin Cowans

Collecting and Sowing Echinacea Seeds

Hello @peteThanks, I will give the Website you Linked to a Read.Kevin
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. nikirushka

Coleus

To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a leaf joint, others can be from any point of the...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. FlyFifer

Coconut Orchid (Max Tenufollia)

See here for advice. Maxillaria tenifloria the coconut orchid care and propagation
    See here for advice. Maxillaria tenifloria the coconut orchid care and propagation
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice