1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Poppypuss

Hardy Geranium ideas

Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Last summer I gave away a ton of Hardy Geraniums, free. Like minded gardeners came over and got lots for their needed areas.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. harry123

Azalea

Just saying either way, it looks short. Unless there is a variety that stays tiny. Then I would say it is young.
    Just saying either way, it looks short. Unless there is a variety that stays tiny. Then I would say it is young.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Nemophila - how fussy?

Thanks again John :) - I found growing those other things last year that it really took the edge off the patio, so hopefully they will look just as good.
    Thanks again John :) - I found growing those other things last year that it really took the edge off the patio, so hopefully they will look just as good.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Grandma Sue

I would love to know the name?

Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does ...
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does look great when the poppies are in flower as they all seem to like a dry gritty area.
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does look great when the poppies are in flower as they all...
    Thank you pete, This has now given me a chance to find out more about them. On looking Oxalis up, I found mine called the Oxalis Regnelli Bulb, pink with shamrock leave.My garden really does ...
    20220514_123339 (1).jpg 20220514_123310.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Kevin Cowans

How to Control Japanese Anemone

Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Honorine Joubert is my favourite but not happy here at all. I inherited a small Hapsden Abundance which is now slightly bigger than small. Acoording to the textbooks they should be happy but :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. trogre

Snapdragon

Thanks for you answers.I can see now why they flower same year as planting or overwinter. Good one on tip about pinching out tips.
    Thanks for you answers.I can see now why they flower same year as planting or overwinter. Good one on tip about pinching out tips.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. scooby-mas

Cordyline red star

Piccies? You may have overwatered or there may have been vine weevils in the original pots which are munching the roots...
    Piccies? You may have overwatered or there may have been vine weevils in the original pots which are munching the roots...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Snorky85

Weigela

Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant it out but, again, I would prefer to keep it in...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. FlyFifer

Coconut Orchid (Max Tenufollia)

See here for advice. Maxillaria tenifloria the coconut orchid care and propagation
    See here for advice. Maxillaria tenifloria the coconut orchid care and propagation
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nikirushka

Baby acanthuses (acanthusi)?

I know once established they are pretty hardy, but with one year old seedlings I 'd be a bit careful.
    I know once established they are pretty hardy, but with one year old seedlings I 'd be a bit careful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Peter Piper

Dahlia Buds.

Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the other common pest, again more often noticed by holes...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign of the creature , then Slugs and Snails are the...
    Hi,Normally a sticky residue would mean Aphids, particularly Blackfly, but usually they will be clearly visible, unless the ladybirds or birds have already eaten them all ?If there is no sign...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Victoria
    Like x 3

Marijuana

Is that fencing electrified? :th scifD36:
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. LEricG

Hardy Cyclamen failures

I agree with Caroline:love30: Soft bulbs or corms are not a good sign that it is healthy.:dunno:
    I agree with Caroline:love30: Soft bulbs or corms are not a good sign that it is healthy.:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Paul Blackburn

When to plant bulbs

yep, have a lifetime now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. nikirushka

Unhappy eremerus

I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next...
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next years growth and you have plenty of leaves on there. Try giving them a feed as well.Good luck, can't...
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next years growth and you have plenty of leaves on there....
    I reckon you should be ok in the long run, I think you've just sacrificed this years flowers. Like any bulbous/tuberous plant they need the energy they get from the dying leaves to boost next...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. ricky101

Sweet Peas

Mmmmm ....I can smell them from down here @Marley Farley :awesome:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Syd Hutchinson

Tree fern question.

Thanks for that. I shall leave them on.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. lake47

Concerned about my plant!

Dracaena marginata not Cordyline.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. begoodian

Hydrangea

It will stay WhiteUsually when you buy plants they are nearing the end of their time in the current pot size, so I would expect it needs potting on. Turn it upside down, Knock pot off...
    It will stay WhiteUsually when you buy plants they are nearing the end of their time in the current pot size, so I would expect it needs potting on. Turn it upside down, Knock pot off (upwards!), check the roots - if the rootball is not yet pretty busy then gently lower the pot back on and...
    It will stay WhiteUsually when you buy plants they are nearing the end of their time in the current pot size, so I would expect it needs potting on. Turn it upside down, Knock pot off (upwards!), check the roots - if the rootball is not yet...
    It will stay WhiteUsually when you buy plants they are nearing the end of their time in the current pot size, so I would expect it needs potting on. Turn it upside down, Knock pot off...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. David Cook

Sunflower advice

@David Cook - I'm in the same part of the world and the sunflowers from last year seeded and they are coming up happily all over my garden - so they are tough enough!
    @David Cook - I'm in the same part of the world and the sunflowers from last year seeded and they are coming up happily all over my garden - so they are tough enough!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice