Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Christmas Cactus in flower

Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. harry123

Rhododendron

Thanks val:)Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. sal73

Plectranthus forsteri 'Marginatus'

The one that I'm really after is Mona Lavender - any ideas where I could find that?Sorry Sal, that wasn't very helpful was it!
    The one that I'm really after is Mona Lavender - any ideas where I could find that?Sorry Sal, that wasn't very helpful was it!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Gay Gardener

Mazus Reptans

Thanks Doug. It does seem that there are varying opinions on how Mazus is best used/placed. Will have to experiment.GG
    Thanks Doug. It does seem that there are varying opinions on how Mazus is best used/placed. Will have to experiment.GG
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HarryS

Mystery Sweet Pea ?

Hi Longk , the colours are pretty much spot on for both SPs . I know the Matacuna on the T and M site is a lot darker than this.
    Hi Longk , the colours are pretty much spot on for both SPs . I know the Matacuna on the T and M site is a lot darker than this.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sheal

Spiraea Japonica

Thanks Loofah, :) but that reads nothing like my plant and mine isn't deciduous. My brother sent me a copy of the label. I'll have a look around on the web, but the sites don't seem to say...
    Thanks Loofah, :) but that reads nothing like my plant and mine isn't deciduous. My brother sent me a copy of the label. I'll have a look around on the web, but the sites don't seem to say whether it will be okay in an exposed position with most plants.
    Thanks Loofah, :) but that reads nothing like my plant and mine isn't deciduous. My brother sent me a copy of the label. I'll have a look around on the web, but the sites don't seem to say whether it will be okay in an exposed position with...
    Thanks Loofah, :) but that reads nothing like my plant and mine isn't deciduous. My brother sent me a copy of the label. I'll have a look around on the web, but the sites don't seem to say...
    Spiraea 'Japonica'.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Coolsox

Cypripedium - Slipper Orchid.

Coolsox - I'm green with envy!
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. willow13

medlar flower

Nice one Willow:) Do you make Jelly from the fruits?
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. longk

Lachenalia species

In theory they should take two seasons. However, as I'm doing it the hard way there's a chance that they may bloom in less time. Reason being that I'm squeezing two seasons into twelve months...
    In theory they should take two seasons. However, as I'm doing it the hard way there's a chance that they may bloom in less time. Reason being that I'm squeezing two seasons into twelve months hopefully. BTW: pm me your address re the Dendrobium kingianum please.
    In theory they should take two seasons. However, as I'm doing it the hard way there's a chance that they may bloom in less time. Reason being that I'm squeezing two seasons into twelve months hopefully. BTW: pm me your address re the Dendrobium...
    In theory they should take two seasons. However, as I'm doing it the hard way there's a chance that they may bloom in less time. Reason being that I'm squeezing two seasons into twelve months...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Coolsox
    Like x 5

Aristolochia sempervirens

That really is rather splendid!
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. whis4ey

My early rhoddies

Lovely :wub2: I have a few flowering too - so colourful.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. trogre

Different Pennenials

I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden...
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden and visit mine nightly to munch what they can :ouch1: S
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden and visit mine nightly to munch what they can :ouch1: S
    I have grown the Echinacea Purpurea - very prone to snails - and they got eaten the first year and never returned - but then I do have a lot of snails that live in the overgrown next door garden...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. merleworld

Philadelphus Virginal - divide?

No, do not divide. I have two types. Love the smell. I just prune any "reaching for the sky branches" and they are lovely each year.
    No, do not divide. I have two types. Love the smell. I just prune any "reaching for the sky branches" and they are lovely each year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. David G

Passion Flower cutting back

I kind of agree with Spruce. Hard cutbacks usually result in lots of new growth. Just a trim of any dead stuff should get it back into flowering in July.
    I kind of agree with Spruce. Hard cutbacks usually result in lots of new growth. Just a trim of any dead stuff should get it back into flowering in July.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Grib

Cordyline?

The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil wasn't deep enough. It grew to 17' before the...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any harm. I did it with one of mine because my soil...
    The trunk grows down as well as up so you may have to dig deep. A trick garden centers use to keep tall "cordys" in short pots is to saw the bottom of the trunk off, it doesn't seem to do them any...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. trogre

Geraniums

Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you...
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you describe. I have some of last year's plants left. They may just die, but I cut off the tops so there's...
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you describe. I have some of last year's plants left....
    Grey mildew. It's all over some of the greenhouse plants at this time of year. They need some warm sunshine just as badly as I do. Geraniums always seem to fall prey and look exactly as you...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hellebore mix

Thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. rustyroots

Bulbs.

Thank Palustris job for tomorrow.Rusty
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Evil Len

Can I cut down centaurea silver feathers ?

Trouble is, they are big, quite blousey, but very prone to breaking off at the base !
    Trouble is, they are big, quite blousey, but very prone to breaking off at the base !
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. justracing

Rudbeckia - young plants

I split up some big daisies, Leucanthemum, today and replanted them but the tops had already died off. Just a bit nervous about moving stuff whilst still flowering- just!
    I split up some big daisies, Leucanthemum, today and replanted them but the tops had already died off. Just a bit nervous about moving stuff whilst still flowering- just!
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice