1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. Kevin Cowans

Clematis 'Nelly Moser' drooping after heavy rain shower

Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early July so I will see how it fairs, if all goes well I may get another to replace the 'Nelly Moser' that...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early July so I will see how it fairs, if all goes well I...
    Hello allAfter speaking (emailing as no phone number) to Taylors Clematis they recommended a few Clematis and I am going to go with Clematis 'Picotee'.I will be ordering one for now in early...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. chris whitelaw

Clematis

Had a look at a couple of sites, out of stock, but will be looking through the winter to pre-order, got the sick and dying clematis out, still some life there, so potted up to nurture and plant...
    Had a look at a couple of sites, out of stock, but will be looking through the winter to pre-order, got the sick and dying clematis out, still some life there, so potted up to nurture and plant again next year.
    Had a look at a couple of sites, out of stock, but will be looking through the winter to pre-order, got the sick and dying clematis out, still some life there, so potted up to nurture and plant again next year.
    Had a look at a couple of sites, out of stock, but will be looking through the winter to pre-order, got the sick and dying clematis out, still some life there, so potted up to nurture and plant...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. thriftybri

clematis

thanks again for info mate
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Ellen

Clematis

I like and use Growmore occasionally but granulated feed takes more time to break down and release nutrients to the plants so I tend to use a soluble feed:coffee::snork: as I think the plants can make use of it...
    I like and use Growmore occasionally but granulated feed takes more time to break down and release nutrients to the plants so I tend to use a soluble feed:coffee::snork: as I think the plants can make use of it more quickly.
    I like and use Growmore occasionally but granulated feed takes more time to break down and release nutrients to the plants so I tend to use a soluble feed:coffee::snork: as I think the plants can make use of it more quickly.
    I like and use Growmore occasionally but granulated feed takes more time to break down and release nutrients to the plants so I tend to use a soluble feed:coffee::snork: as I think the plants can make use of it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. JBat

Cistus pulverulentus in windy location

Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Thank you!
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Sheal

Cineraria

We (when I worked for the Parks Dept) used to leave them in for the winter to contrst and give height to the winter bedding Pansies and Polyanthus displays.
    We (when I worked for the Parks Dept) used to leave them in for the winter to contrst and give height to the winter bedding Pansies and Polyanthus displays.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Snorky85

Cimicifuga racemosa......in a pot

Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting this all together. :snorky:
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for all year round interest.Excited about putting...
    Wow @silu that is fantastic!! Just the kind of advice I needed. Going to get my book out later and look up your suggestions. I'm happy to have several pots that I can change with the seasons for...
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. wiseowl
    Like x 3

Christmas Cactus in flower

Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Very nice. I had a fairly large collection of these and Epiphylums at one point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. luciusmaximus

Christmas Cactus Advice

This would be a good place to start. If you just break of a piece with 2 or 3 segments and put it in a bag with some moisture (damp vermiculite / similar) it will start spouting roots between the...
    This would be a good place to start. If you just break of a piece with 2 or 3 segments and put it in a bag with some moisture (damp vermiculite / similar) it will start spouting roots between the "joints". IME bit that break off are desperate to root ... sticking one end in a pot may be the...
    This would be a good place to start. If you just break of a piece with 2 or 3 segments and put it in a bag with some moisture (damp vermiculite / similar) it will start spouting roots between the "joints". IME bit that break off are desperate to...
    This would be a good place to start. If you just break of a piece with 2 or 3 segments and put it in a bag with some moisture (damp vermiculite / similar) it will start spouting roots between the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Christmas Cactus

Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    P1020616.JPG P1020617.JPG upload_2020-11-7_14-32-28.png upload_2020-11-7_14-36-52.png upload_2020-11-7_14-37-34.png IMG_20201107_170150.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Christmas Cactus

The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my picture above).How To Care For a Christmas Cactus, Thanksgiving Cactus, or Easter CactusChristmas...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my picture above).How To Care For a Christmas Cactus,...
    The problem with these is that they don't like to be moved around once their buds have formed. It would be better to move them indoors when you see signs of the first buds forming . (See my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. wiseowl
    Like x 10

Christmas cactus

Light pink in full flower and the red just thinking about it. Beautiful plants for the few weeks they flower.
    Light pink in full flower and the red just thinking about it. Beautiful plants for the few weeks they flower.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. wiseowl
    Like x 4

Christmas Cactus

Hi Dips, how us your money plant, this is mine.....
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. jazzy

Choisya - No flowers on one plant?

One of my Choisyas......14’ tall. Wish I could post the scent:) it is sublime:)Jazzy, it will settle down to flowering. Don’t overfeed or overwater then it will be kind to you
    One of my Choisyas......14’ tall. Wish I could post the scent:) it is sublime:)Jazzy, it will settle down to flowering. Don’t overfeed or overwater then it will be kind to you
    DSCF3008.jpg B22EDB84-0D7D-42FB-A12B-23E3EA49948A.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sheal
    Like x 8

Choisya

I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Reddwarf4ever

Choice of plants for a cemetery plot

A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind....
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind. Does the site get mown and are there rabbits? Sorry for all the questions but I like to plant on my...
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind. Does the site get mown and are there rabbits? Sorry...
    A lot depends on the site, is it sheltered woodland or open meadow, whereabouts in the uk? All those appear to be herbaceous perennials so will disappear over winter, something to bear in mind....
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Anthony Rogers

Chocolate Cosmos

I had one last year..its still in the ground as a thought are annuals,im living in hope with GG then :)
    I had one last year..its still in the ground as a thought are annuals,im living in hope with GG then :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. AndyKiz

Chinese Moneyplant

I thought it was a bee-eater but looked wrong colours to me! Weve had loads of waxwings up here this year, i've even got waxwing poo on my car!! :yes:
    I thought it was a bee-eater but looked wrong colours to me! Weve had loads of waxwings up here this year, i've even got waxwing poo on my car!! :yes:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. buddleia64

Chinese Lanterns

Mine are in various pots too, some I have sunk into the ground. I do feed very occasionally but tend to forget a lot too. :sad:They're just coming into bloom now.
    Mine are in various pots too, some I have sunk into the ground. I do feed very occasionally but tend to forget a lot too. :sad:They're just coming into bloom now.
    20200727_194934.jpg 20200727_194926.jpg IMG_20200727_203341.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. hi2u_uk

Chilean Guava 'KA-POW' Ugni molinae requirements

Thanks for this. Ive taken the plastic off and given it some water . If all the deliveries go to plan im expecting it will have to go outside next weekend as i dont really like indoor plants
    Thanks for this. Ive taken the plastic off and given it some water . If all the deliveries go to plan im expecting it will have to go outside next weekend as i dont really like indoor plants
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice