1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. nikirushka

Coleus

To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a leaf joint, others can be from any point of the...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all know, some cuttings are taken from just below a...
    To rapidly increase stock. I used to grow selected plants to a reasonable size and then literally chop them up. Yes, tip cuttings are mentioned as a general means of taking cuttings. As we all...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. wiseowl

Poppy Question

Yeah, I chop them right off but always leave one or two seed heads to develop just in case they take offence and don't reappear - they always have, though they seem to move around a bit. They'll...
    Yeah, I chop them right off but always leave one or two seed heads to develop just in case they take offence and don't reappear - they always have, though they seem to move around a bit. They'll produce a small and much tidier clump of foliage, should look OK then.
    Yeah, I chop them right off but always leave one or two seed heads to develop just in case they take offence and don't reappear - they always have, though they seem to move around a bit. They'll produce a small and much tidier clump of foliage,...
    Yeah, I chop them right off but always leave one or two seed heads to develop just in case they take offence and don't reappear - they always have, though they seem to move around a bit. They'll...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. pewe

Moving rose trees

yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out of strong winds , try and get a large root ball water the night before ..... no need to feed just...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out of strong winds , try and get a large root ball...
    yes transplant now as you are running out of time to move ,,, if you move august they will die !! ... reduce the size of the plant by a quarter and then once potted up keep in the shade and out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. wiseowl
    Like x 7

Christmas Cactus

Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    Mine have been in bloom for a fortnight too.:) Even the tiny cutting that I took in May has a tiny bud on it.
    P1020616.JPG P1020617.JPG upload_2020-11-7_14-32-28.png upload_2020-11-7_14-36-52.png upload_2020-11-7_14-37-34.png IMG_20201107_170150.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. wayfarer

Wisteria transplant.

I dont see why not, but personally I wouldn't do it now. ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. amymac78

Savable??

HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water and leave alone and wait and seeor take them back next week and say they died and a get a full...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water and leave alone and wait and seeor take them...
    HiI would say yes to the Stachys Lanata., and a bit of touch and go with the Nepeta , but hey for 50 pence each well worth itJust keep in a sheltered part of the garden and give a good water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. landimad

Saintpaulia propagation and issues.

Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Get some ready plug plants from Dibleys. ;) www.dibleys.com. While rooting, leaves can be on the table right next to the window. They can do with a bit less light at that point.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. rustyroots

What to do with Foxgloves?

If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if you leave them to shed their seed naturally, some will come back. Give them a hand by ensuring that...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if you leave them to shed their seed naturally, some...
    If they are the native ones, they are biennial (although they have been known to break the rules), so almost certainly its game over now for your ones. However, they produce a lot of seeds, and if...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Scott manning

Monstera deliciosa

Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much fertiliser, water and warmth, but the position looks bright enough to support it. :scratch:I would take a cutting and...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much fertiliser, water and warmth, but the position looks bright...
    Hmmm. The growth looks "watery" in a way that the plant is just pushing out new growth rapidly without bothering to grow fully formed mature leaves. Usually that would indicate too much...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. burnie

Orchid help

Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Thanks Pete( and Dai)
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Nikolaos

Ajuga reptans 'Catlin's Giant' sun exposure

Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft fence if I knew they would flower well, they would look nice with the pulmonaria which is already...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft fence if I knew they would flower well, they...
    Thanks Perki! :) Well, that RHS page says they even tolerate shade, but I'm not sure if "tolerating" is the same as thriving, I would plant some in an extremely shady part of my garden next to a 6ft...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Delta

Lilac bonsai health query

This is a young lilac bonsai I got last year and which is currently flowering well, but I spotted that the leaves don't seem to look great. Not overly visible on the photo but basically the...
    This is a young lilac bonsai I got last year and which is currently flowering well, but I spotted that the leaves don't seem to look great. Not overly visible on the photo but basically the central part of the leaf is a normal shade of green or at least the shade I sort of expect tho perhaps a...
    This is a young lilac bonsai I got last year and which is currently flowering well, but I spotted that the leaves don't seem to look great. Not overly visible on the photo but basically the central part of the leaf is a normal shade of green or...
    This is a young lilac bonsai I got last year and which is currently flowering well, but I spotted that the leaves don't seem to look great. Not overly visible on the photo but basically the...
    DSCF8308.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. lowrider69

Name of these plant please

that's the ones thank you
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. TaraMaiden

Water Plonker...

Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my daughter has. Hers is a variegated form. Very...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. joolz68

No foxgloves?

I got some 3ft high appeared this year - buds are starting to show up :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Hannah's Rose Garden

Hellebore mix

Thank you :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. amymac78

Pennisetum

I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    I've just bought a Pennisetum Herbstzauber, at the moment its in a 9cm pot and is quite small, would it be ok in a pot that is H50 x D30 cm?
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Palustris

Lilium speciosum

I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the pot.Spruce
    I would just keep the compost slightly moist otherwise the bulbs may dry out too much , frost free over winter will help for the 1st year , keep a eye out for slugs lurking at the bottom of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Shaneoak

Primulas

Thaks for the advice.i think i will hold back a bit.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. clanless

Recommendations please

Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Thanks both - I'll see if they have any honeysuckle for sale when we visit the Tatton Park flower show in July :blue thumb: Really looking forward to it.:hapydancsmil:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice