1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Dave0w

whats gone wrong

Erm ... ... gosh, this is a toughie ... ... its on the tip of my tongue ... ....... :ideaIPB: ....
    Erm ... ... gosh, this is a toughie ... ... its on the tip of my tongue ... ....... :ideaIPB: ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Sheal
    Like x 8

Choisya

I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. rustyroots

Dahlias.

Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into larger pots for large plants this summer
    Hiya madahhlia, the collection is at Marazion, near Penzance in Cornwall. I bought half a dozen varieties last year in flower so knew exactly flower colour, size, etc. I potted them on into...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Fat Controller

Dahlia XXXL

Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis flower. But otherwise I would have said they were very different plants. Imperialis has very...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis flower. But otherwise I would have said they were...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Shaneoak

Latest you can plant Crocus?

The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects hopefully.The tulips have all come up too, but slightly behind tulips that I planted back in late...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects hopefully.The tulips have all come up too, but...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects...
    crocus.jpg Bulb_Size_2021_UK-2.jpg B5023988-3F9E-4FF9-9055-1D8649209D4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Coolsox

Aroids

Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium...
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium around my house and yes, there they flowered away. Probably due to my neglect cos they were behind...
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium around my house and yes, there they flowered away....
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. sal73
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. simone_in_wiltshire

Whe do you plant Sweet peaSweet pea (South West of England)?

Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need lots of sun either. I grow lots of mine in shadier...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find useful. Remember that they don't necessarily need...
    Not too late at all @AuntyRach . I often sow them at this time of year. I just sowed some a couple of days ago, and may do some more soon. It'll give you a later display, which many people find...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Barders

last legs or new hope?

Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that don't mind being a bit chilly and bring in some...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid is, so it would be nice to have some plants that...
    Thank you for the ideas @Michael HewettWe currently live in a rental place and most of the double glazing on the windows is shot, so they aren't as warm as the kitchen window where the Orchid...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Shaneoak

Asiatic and Tree lillies round semi circle bites on leaves

Thank you. I thought i'd got rid off all those pesky things! I normally spot them because of there bright orange shells. Thanks
    Thank you. I thought i'd got rid off all those pesky things! I normally spot them because of there bright orange shells. Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Anthony Rogers
    Like x 9

Not shown any houseplants yet, so here goes........

I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. sal73

Rare Clematis

Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course, Winter Beauty The group Armandii are evergreen but...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly exotic Clematis called napaulensis and of course,...
    Well, sal, you're thinking about the group of Clematis called Cirrhosas. They're mostly evergreen and here's a few names: Freckles Landsdown Gem Jingle Bells Wisley Cream Balearica a slightly...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. joolz68
    Like x 5

Dumped orchids help please

Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out so i just paid for my stuff and left. I did trim...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Fat Controller

Cheese plant question

Thanks Daisees - I'll chop them off over the weekend.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Dropmore

IS THIS SALVIA GREGGII DEAD

Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to get their main nesting site (old ruin of a former farmhouse) cleared out so we don't disturb them...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to get their main nesting site (old ruin of a former...
    Best leave them in peace a week or two @Dropmore till they've nested and laid eggs.I've just received an alert to say the swallows, swifts and house-martins will be turning up soon so I need to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Esoxlucius

Photinia.

Hi my red robin had greenfly /aphids last year and for 2weeks I swelled it with washing up liquid it killed them all so try it it works
    Hi my red robin had greenfly /aphids last year and for 2weeks I swelled it with washing up liquid it killed them all so try it it works
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jocko

Night Scented Stock

Awesome. Thanks. If that's not exactly it, it's close enough. I'll order some for next year.
    Awesome. Thanks. If that's not exactly it, it's close enough. I'll order some for next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Nikolaos

Growing Hops Along A Fence, How Time-Consuming Is It?

Have you thought about a climbing hydrangea?
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Eroka

Help! My potted Olive Tree (Olea Europea) is dying...

:cry3: But thank you. I will stop watering it and see if it revives when spring comes. Thank you all!
    :cry3: But thank you. I will stop watering it and see if it revives when spring comes. Thank you all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Jane Kirk

Drooping money tree plant

Thank you . I will try that . Time for a coffee
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice