1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. pewe
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Snorky85

Weigela

Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant it out but, again, I would prefer to keep it in...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more shoots will be produced next year. You could plant...
    Snorky :) It will grow well enough either way but I would trim back the thin lanky stems...not for "shape" because weigelas are shapeless shrubs anyway but to produce thicker growth from which more...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Gail_68

Weeping willow

Hello jeannie :thankyou: it's in bud at the moment, so shouldn't be long before leaves are showing, you can by them in small, standard or large ...there also the very large ones that put in parks etc :)
    Hello jeannie :thankyou: it's in bud at the moment, so shouldn't be long before leaves are showing, you can by them in small, standard or large ...there also the very large ones that put in parks etc :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Sarahlou79

Weathered Pink Cordyline

Do you know what sort of pink Cordyline it is? They appear to have variable hardiness. Charlie Boy appears to be more hardy than the pink passion / sensation variants, although it doesn't look...
    Do you know what sort of pink Cordyline it is? They appear to have variable hardiness. Charlie Boy appears to be more hardy than the pink passion / sensation variants, although it doesn't look like Charlie Boy from the picture.
    Do you know what sort of pink Cordyline it is? They appear to have variable hardiness. Charlie Boy appears to be more hardy than the pink passion / sensation variants, although it doesn't look like Charlie Boy from the picture.
    Do you know what sort of pink Cordyline it is? They appear to have variable hardiness. Charlie Boy appears to be more hardy than the pink passion / sensation variants, although it doesn't look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Sally Parker

We Wanted a Plant to Keep in a Pot.....

Thanks Marley Farley for the Pheasant Berry suggestion, which I will look into. :)
    Thanks Marley Farley for the Pheasant Berry suggestion, which I will look into. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Kevin Cowans

Watering Clematis

You're most welcome, Kevin.:love30::thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. CulmoreCultivator

Watering a Portuguese Laurel

Hi @Victoria yes we only want ours around 3ft and I'm really lucky to have the time to maintain.
    Hi @Victoria yes we only want ours around 3ft and I'm really lucky to have the time to maintain.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. TaraMaiden

Water Plonker...

Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my daughter has. Hers is a variegated form. Very...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I had permission!), and the third came from a plant my...
    Grab a drink, this is long...I have a large pot with three stem cuttings of indoor Yucca... I snipped two of them from a huge plant growing in my Doctor's surgery waiting room (don't worry, I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. stumorphmac

Water Chestnut

I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american Eleocharis dulcis that actually grow in soil ......they are different shape. about the water hyacyinth , I...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american Eleocharis dulcis that actually grow in soil ......they...
    I think there are 2 king of water chestnut sold in supermarket...... the one I grown was Trapa natans ....got it from an asian store and it`s a floting plant ......then you got the american...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. jazzy

Wallflowers to flower every year?

You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have...
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have flowered cut them back hard.
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have flowered cut them back hard.
    You plant them in year one and they will flower in year two, I started some a few years ago in about July and plated them out in October and they flowered the following spring,,,,,once they have...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. medavidcook

Wall Trough

May be a little shallow, I'd try it and add some of those water retaining crystals to a good john Innes based compost to improve your chances of success:
    May be a little shallow, I'd try it and add some of those water retaining crystals to a good john Innes based compost to improve your chances of success:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. strongylodon

Waggy

We will have to wait and see.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Esoxlucius

Virginia creeper.

The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very slow to do that, and are holding their leaves...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's been very mild here and all the trees have been very...
    The usual one doesn't need sun to change colour, but the one you have needs more sun. I expect that's the problem. When it's very mild, many plants take longer to change and colour up too. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. oakdaledave

Virginia creeper

Let us know in a couple of months time how it took; personally, I think you'll be alright.
    Let us know in a couple of months time how it took; personally, I think you'll be alright.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. miraflores

Vigna caracalla

I've been growing this for a couple of years now with no success yet. One plant in the garden and one in the greenhouse. It forms tubers rather like a Dahlia so it may just be too immature at the...
    I've been growing this for a couple of years now with no success yet. One plant in the garden and one in the greenhouse. It forms tubers rather like a Dahlia so it may just be too immature at the moment.
    I've been growing this for a couple of years now with no success yet. One plant in the garden and one in the greenhouse. It forms tubers rather like a Dahlia so it may just be too immature at the moment.
    I've been growing this for a couple of years now with no success yet. One plant in the garden and one in the greenhouse. It forms tubers rather like a Dahlia so it may just be too immature at the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jocko

Viburnum “Charles Lamont”

That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the...
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the opulus about three weeks later.
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the opulus about three weeks later.
    That is why I asked the question in the first place. I have never grown Viburnum, in any form, before and I was worried about this one. The bodnantense flowered at the beginning of March and the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Jersey_Novice

Viburnum Lucidum unknown issue

This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it does come back or transfer to other plants, you can treat with rose clear spay, if you catch it...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it does come back or transfer to other plants, you...
    This looks like Algal leaf spot, its common in wet years, and can be transfered to Camelias, Rhoddos and others, like what Armandii said, then add a copper drench or other drench fungicide, it it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Lorea
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Vanessa White

Verbena bonariensis surviving the frost

I'd use a cloche or a plastic bottle cut in half. I believe they are half-hardy but I've never been able to overwinter them, I think it's too wet here and they just rot away.
    I'd use a cloche or a plastic bottle cut in half. I believe they are half-hardy but I've never been able to overwinter them, I think it's too wet here and they just rot away.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Nikolaos

Verbena bonariensis 'Lollipop', does it come true from seed?

"Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common names are confusing and it's very easy to get...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to latin binomials whenever possible @mazambo, common...
    "Vervain" is also the common name for the genus AFAIK, family name is Verbenaceae. Verbena officinalis is our only native Verbena, but it's common name is Vervain.This is why I try to stick to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice