Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Kris Lord

Sweet peas ... what to do over winter?

Yeah, I was meaning that too :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. luciusmaximus

Buddleja's dying

I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the slightest bit of waterlogging and should be pruned more lightly than the species (davidii) and its...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the slightest bit of waterlogging and should be pruned...
    I'll try linking to the thread, don't give up hope Fuschialady, yours has a lot of potential and should do well if planted in the ground with some decent drainage, they just absolutely hate the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Marley Farley

Clianthus puniceus

Should be about right I think. I harvested mine in September/October. I still have about a dozen left if you want them?
    Should be about right I think. I harvested mine in September/October. I still have about a dozen left if you want them?
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Geek2Garden

Recommend me a plant for acid loving shrubs

I took one at random: Chempak Fully Balanced Feed - Formula #3 - makes 1,600 litres 2Kg pack of Miracle Gro makes 160 watering cans - how big are they? :( 10L each maybe So cost per litre...
    I took one at random: Chempak Fully Balanced Feed - Formula #3 - makes 1,600 litres 2Kg pack of Miracle Gro makes 160 watering cans - how big are they? :( 10L each maybe So cost per litre is much-of-a-muchness Both will do a similar job. Only benefit of Chempak is if you want several,...
    I took one at random: Chempak Fully Balanced Feed - Formula #3 - makes 1,600 litres 2Kg pack of Miracle Gro makes 160 watering cans - how big are they? :( 10L each maybe So cost per litre is much-of-a-muchness Both will do a similar...
    I took one at random: Chempak Fully Balanced Feed - Formula #3 - makes 1,600 litres 2Kg pack of Miracle Gro makes 160 watering cans - how big are they? :( 10L each maybe So cost per litre...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. ARMANDII
    Like x 14

A LATE MAY AMBLE

Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I wanted something really natural that once in balance would run itself. Geoff Hamilton was/is a Hero...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I wanted something really natural that once in balance...
    Glad you like it, Elizabeth.:snork: For me, when building the pond, I wasn't happy with the messing about with filters, chemicals, uv lightss etc, as it was too much time and expense involved. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. sal73

New Zealand plant

Not noted for needing acidic soil.............
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Kayleigh

Wilkinson's Summer Bulbs

I enjoy leading others astray:catapult:
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Jocko

Wilting Buddleia.

It was a cultivar, Buddleja Berries and Cream.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Kevin Cowans

Struggling to Establish Rosemary

I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot outside during the freeze last December died. Probably a combination of wet soil frozen solid for over a...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot outside during the freeze last December died. Probably...
    I had a Rosemary bush in my garden for more than 20years and never watered or fed it just gave it a clipping with shears once a year. It is tough as old boots, but one plant I had in a pot...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Jocko

Crocus and when they come out.

After the overnight snow, the croci have started to come through. Must be a couple of dozen or so. Just the yellow and cream. No purple ones as yet.
    After the overnight snow, the croci have started to come through. Must be a couple of dozen or so. Just the yellow and cream. No purple ones as yet.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Shaneoak

bulbs storgae

I will definitely keep an eye on this. Thank you for this information. I suspect a large part is there are just too many bulbs crammed in one space. The anemones hardly ever flower either. The...
    I will definitely keep an eye on this. Thank you for this information. I suspect a large part is there are just too many bulbs crammed in one space. The anemones hardly ever flower either. The aluims seem to fair better and the various lilly species do best. I will try what Sarah Raven...
    I will definitely keep an eye on this. Thank you for this information. I suspect a large part is there are just too many bulbs crammed in one space. The anemones hardly ever flower either. The aluims seem to fair better and the various lilly...
    I will definitely keep an eye on this. Thank you for this information. I suspect a large part is there are just too many bulbs crammed in one space. The anemones hardly ever flower either. The...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Sargan

Can you help identify this shrub ?

The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    The tallest plant is the willow, best to remove it completely if you can, otherwise it will just regrow.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Some new ferns picked up at the weekend.

Mine were all in pots. I didn't buy any plugs. That must be the difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nash

Bleeding Heart

They may still flower this year silu ... I've known mine come back for a second flush later in the year. Mind you, I'm a lot further south than you, but even so, don't give up on them this year ;)
    They may still flower this year silu ... I've known mine come back for a second flush later in the year. Mind you, I'm a lot further south than you, but even so, don't give up on them this year ;)
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. noisette47

Iris Reversion

Spot on! I met the great man once, at Dixter, and found him much more accessible, friendly and welcoming than say, for instance, Beth Chatto.
    Spot on! I met the great man once, at Dixter, and found him much more accessible, friendly and welcoming than say, for instance, Beth Chatto.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Metallic leaves

Sal, it does looks a little like Hemigraphis Alternata.John (you're a hero:biggrin: ), P Crispa is what I have always known and grown as Laciniata. I haven't come across Shiso Britton before. The red...
    Sal, it does looks a little like Hemigraphis Alternata.John (you're a hero:biggrin: ), P Crispa is what I have always known and grown as Laciniata. I haven't come across Shiso Britton before. The red (purple) and green one I have is more Coleus like.
    Sal, it does looks a little like Hemigraphis Alternata.John (you're a hero:biggrin: ), P Crispa is what I have always known and grown as Laciniata. I haven't come across Shiso Britton before. The red (purple) and green one I have is more Coleus like.
    Sal, it does looks a little like Hemigraphis Alternata.John (you're a hero:biggrin: ), P Crispa is what I have always known and grown as Laciniata. I haven't come across Shiso Britton before. The red...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Krista

How would you improve this Aspidistra?

Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But a cleaned pot and a bit of peat based compost...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85

Heuchera and Vine Weevil

Westland and Levington are the two I usually use ricky:) I have long gone off Wyevale products
    Westland and Levington are the two I usually use ricky:) I have long gone off Wyevale products
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Dean (Bucks)

Pampas grass - Very slow growing

Cheers Shiney spade it is then. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice