1. Photo Competition
    JULY'S PHOTO COMPETITION IS OPEN!

The theme this month is "Wild Flowers" - we know how wild we are about flowers around here, so get your best lens out and head out into the wilds or even that roadside verge near your house and submit your best photos

Please Click Here!

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Dean (Bucks)

Pampas grass - Very slow growing

Cheers Shiney spade it is then. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. David E Peacock

Treatment of Tulip bulblets . . .

@PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I shall also consider following your lead in...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Snorky85

Pruning Christmas Box

Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Ah I get you...to encourage roots to grow from the length of the stem. I think I may have done this accidentally with other plants in the past.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Kristen

Biggest Cardoon / Cynara Variety?

I'll let you know when I collect the seed Kristen, its nearly ready :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. HsuH

Pruning Cotinus (smoke bush)

I managed to do it once by pulling up low branches which had grown along the ground and started rooting and potting them up.
    I managed to do it once by pulling up low branches which had grown along the ground and started rooting and potting them up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nikolaos

Best Perennial Plants For Butterflies

@ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year! (my apologies to any butterflies I may have left...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous Small Whites in higher numbers on mine this year!...
    @ThePlantAssassin Yep, it certainly is a Red Admiral! Buddleia looks nice and healthy, too! :dbgrtmb:Brimstones, Small Tortoiseshells, Peacocks, Red Admirals, Commas, Painted Ladies and the ubiquitous...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. whis4ey
    Like x 9

Gunnera Manicata

Has anyone checked their gunnera?,ours is on the move already :hate-shocked::)
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Loubielouy

Strange plant

Hiya loublelouy. Nice to see you again :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. sal73

Vanilla grass

Sutton have just put on sale vanilla grass plant on sale , I`ve seen them before but never tasted .....did anyone ever taste them , do they really taste like vanilla??????
    Sutton have just put on sale vanilla grass plant on sale , I`ve seen them before but never tasted .....did anyone ever taste them , do they really taste like vanilla??????
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. HarryS

Lupin and Red Hot Poker Autumn Sowing ?

Thanks Mowgley and Spruce :blue thumb: I'll get some Tutti Frutti seed when I get back from holiday. It will feel strange sowing seeds in July ....
    Thanks Mowgley and Spruce :blue thumb: I'll get some Tutti Frutti seed when I get back from holiday. It will feel strange sowing seeds in July ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Anthony Rogers

Doughnut Peaches

Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Come on slow coach ... I've already begun mine! Ok, I'll begin a separate thread so we can get this party competition started properly :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. joolz68
    Like x 5

Dumped orchids help please

Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out so i just paid for my stuff and left. I did trim...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman on the till but she looked at me like id gone out...
    Thanks sirius,i went to B&Q today but i could only see houseplant compost so i need to go to wicks to see if they have any,i didnt think to look outside in B&Q for orchid bark? i asked the woman...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Selleri

Passiflora Empress Eugenie needs a place to rule- help!

Thank you Sal, both for the advise and for the smashing photos! I'll definitely make room for a hardy Passiflora next summer, they are just so gorgeous and quirky plants. I saw one in Italy...
    Thank you Sal, both for the advise and for the smashing photos! I'll definitely make room for a hardy Passiflora next summer, they are just so gorgeous and quirky plants. I saw one in Italy which had actually bent the cast iron fence rods to suit its growing preferences- the stems were thumb...
    Thank you Sal, both for the advise and for the smashing photos! I'll definitely make room for a hardy Passiflora next summer, they are just so gorgeous and quirky plants. I saw one in Italy which had actually bent the cast iron fence rods to...
    Thank you Sal, both for the advise and for the smashing photos! I'll definitely make room for a hardy Passiflora next summer, they are just so gorgeous and quirky plants. I saw one in Italy...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Amanensia

What to plant around sycamore - climbers and others

What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the...
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the ground due to the tree.
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the ground due to the tree.
    What to plant under a sycamore? A FIRE! lol Hate them in and near gardens - they seed everywhere. Lots of ferns is a good idea and a climbing rose would be great but probably wouldn't get off the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sirius

Magnolia grandiflora

Yes, but use sparingly...it's strong stuff!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73
    Like x 5

Summer Bulbs

I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can buy from a builders merchant. But I wouldn't use...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73

Forbidden Plants

Steep in hot water and sip :eeew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Marley Farley

Money plant in flower

Well here is a money plant in desparate need of something.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Anthony Rogers
    Like x 9

Not shown any houseplants yet, so here goes........

I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Krista

How would you improve this Aspidistra?

Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But a cleaned pot and a bit of peat based compost...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of catching rainwater and watering with that somehow. But...
    Hi Mike, your reply just popped up-TY. We are Londoners,the water is groaning with limescale and the inside of the pot IS coated! Propbably not helping!! Can`t see her going to the trouble of...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice