1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Coolsox

Aroids

Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium...
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium around my house and yes, there they flowered away. Probably due to my neglect cos they were behind...
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium around my house and yes, there they flowered away....
    Nice. I've just got some cheap zantedeshia but have lived in places where there are lots of wild aroids that were lovely to spot. I also used to have lots of different colour variants of caladium...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Kristen

Biggest Cardoon / Cynara Variety?

I'll let you know when I collect the seed Kristen, its nearly ready :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Eroka

Help! My potted Olive Tree (Olea Europea) is dying...

:cry3: But thank you. I will stop watering it and see if it revives when spring comes. Thank you all!
    :cry3: But thank you. I will stop watering it and see if it revives when spring comes. Thank you all!
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. HsuH

Pruning Cotinus (smoke bush)

I managed to do it once by pulling up low branches which had grown along the ground and started rooting and potting them up.
    I managed to do it once by pulling up low branches which had grown along the ground and started rooting and potting them up.
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Loubielouy

Strange plant

Hiya loublelouy. Nice to see you again :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Nikolaos

Wintersweet not flowering

@CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would probably remain unaffected anyway) they are a...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from being underplanted with a geranium (which would...
    @CarolineL Thanks Caroline, this is why I'd like to keep it and hope it flowers at some point - people keep saying how amazing the fragrance is! Well, the plants around it seem fine but apart from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Alister1

Moving an aged fuschia

Something like that will always be better in the ground IMO.Save the smaller less hardy, large flowered ones for pots.
    Something like that will always be better in the ground IMO.Save the smaller less hardy, large flowered ones for pots.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. pamsdish

Spear Sansevieria

I presume in our PC world that GCs don't refer to Sans as 'Mother in Laws Tongues' any more. :dunno:
    I presume in our PC world that GCs don't refer to Sans as 'Mother in Laws Tongues' any more. :dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Dean (Bucks)

Pampas grass - Very slow growing

Cheers Shiney spade it is then. :blue thumb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. sal73

Dwarf Plants

sal - even that Wisteria will grow several metres! I read about it on another (US?) forum a while back..............
    sal - even that Wisteria will grow several metres! I read about it on another (US?) forum a while back..............
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Logan
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kindredspirit
    Like x 9

Some new ferns picked up at the weekend.

Mine were all in pots. I didn't buy any plugs. That must be the difference.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Marley Farley

Money plant in flower

Well here is a money plant in desparate need of something.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. MAJ

Getting rid of a diseased Kerria

Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus Delavayi are two of my favourites, the first for...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs. Me?, Garrya eliptica James Roof and Osmanthus...
    Oh, I agree, "me old pal, me old beauty":dunno::heehee: But many gardeners, in the early years buy shrubs that are on display in Garden Nurseries, on impulse and "ignorance" and Kerria is one of those shrubs....
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Nikolaos

Fuchsia 'Mrs Popple' Planting and Pruning

Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not attract as much wildlife. But at the allotment I can have a larger one, it will take up about a fifth of...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not attract as much wildlife. But at the allotment I can...
    Thanks for the fuchsia advice, Ricky.My allotment is only about 300 metres from my home and I don't really have the space for a decent-sized pond in my garden. It would be smaller and not...
    DSCN1111[1].JPG RSCN1110[1].JPG 20200320_142418.jpg RSCN1116[1].JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Shaneoak

Latest you can plant Crocus?

The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects hopefully.The tulips have all come up too, but slightly behind tulips that I planted back in late...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects hopefully.The tulips have all come up too, but...
    The crocus bulbs that I bought from Poundland in January for 50p, half price, have all come up and two of them are flowering, others have lots of buds. Nice feast for early pollinating insects...
    crocus.jpg Bulb_Size_2021_UK-2.jpg B5023988-3F9E-4FF9-9055-1D8649209D4A_1_201_a.jpeg
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. HarryS

Lupin and Red Hot Poker Autumn Sowing ?

Thanks Mowgley and Spruce :blue thumb: I'll get some Tutti Frutti seed when I get back from holiday. It will feel strange sowing seeds in July ....
    Thanks Mowgley and Spruce :blue thumb: I'll get some Tutti Frutti seed when I get back from holiday. It will feel strange sowing seeds in July ....
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Sirius

Magnolia grandiflora

Yes, but use sparingly...it's strong stuff!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. IceColdRum

Fremontodendron advice?

If the plant is spindly then taking cuttings is a good way of pruning it fairly hard back.
    If the plant is spindly then taking cuttings is a good way of pruning it fairly hard back.
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. whis4ey
    Like x 9

Gunnera Manicata

Has anyone checked their gunnera?,ours is on the move already :hate-shocked::)
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice