Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1. Kris1990

Please help.

I'm still killing them too :heehee:Kris - how much root was there when you took them out of the pots?
    I'm still killing them too :heehee:Kris - how much root was there when you took them out of the pots?
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. clueless1

Venus Fly Trap

I'd use Sundews round the pond instead.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. al n

Gunnera, how's yours doing?

Some plants just do not like the confines of a pot, I tried to grow campanula in a tub a few years ago and it did nothing, as soon as I stuck it in the ground it took off!!! Val
    Some plants just do not like the confines of a pot, I tried to grow campanula in a tub a few years ago and it did nothing, as soon as I stuck it in the ground it took off!!! Val
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. sal73

Forbidden Plants

Steep in hot water and sip :eeew:
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Esoxlucius

Bromeliads

Yes I have found you need roots attached to all divisions, its very easy to end up with all the roots attached to one section.
    Yes I have found you need roots attached to all divisions, its very easy to end up with all the roots attached to one section.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. laurahall11

Laurels

A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water is - that it at the surface. The mulch may not have helped by keeping moisture at the surface. Have...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water is - that it at the surface. The mulch may not...
    A tad late to the party - but here's my bit:- newly planted - they need to be regularly watered in the first year - a good soaking. If only lightly watered the roots will stay where the water...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Chaz

Can anybody identify this plant?

Ragwort is generally known as a weed and poisonous to animals if ingested.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Nicki M

Ground cover between bamboo

PS.. When planning beds and borders, they need to be as wide and deep as possible to work well, so Lord Awful won`t have quite so much grass to see to
    PS.. When planning beds and borders, they need to be as wide and deep as possible to work well, so Lord Awful won`t have quite so much grass to see to
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Shaneoak

Cutting Oriental poppies, delphiniums, and geraniums back in winter?

two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed a bit.
    two days ago, first frost. all the leaves on many plants and trees. all wilted from it. Guess what? The hardy geraniums all happy and up right, just a pure freshness in my garden, not fazed...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. David E Peacock

New Zealand Flax

You walked into that, pete!!:heehee::loll::lunapic 130165696578242 5:
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. wiseowl
    Like x 6

Woos Christmas Cactus

Just found this pic from last year of my other one
    P1220838.JPG P1220839.JPG CCactus.jpg CCC.jpg IMG_0653.JPG IMG_0654.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Alisa
    Like x 6

Tillandsia - air plant

Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    blooms1.jpg march2014.jpg t.fuchsii.jpg lost_name.jpg lost_name2.jpg caput_medusae.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. beecee

What can I do...?

I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should make the assumption that it is a reasonable patch...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out of the question by any means.We probably should...
    I think things are getting overcomplicated here. It is perfectly possible to find tough plants that will succeed for most people in circumstances of neglect, so Beecee's requirements are not out...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jenny namaste
    Like x 9

Mimosa pudica - a fun plant!!

i found soaking the seeds a couple hours in hot water and then starting in paper towels really sped things up. they like alot of warmth in the beginning.
    i found soaking the seeds a couple hours in hot water and then starting in paper towels really sped things up. they like alot of warmth in the beginning.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Bilbo675
    Like x 14

Money Plant in Flower!!

I've got a couple growing out the shingle on my greenhouse floor. They got there by dropped leaves rooting. They flower every year in mid winter, I never water them even in the summer. Its a...
    I've got a couple growing out the shingle on my greenhouse floor. They got there by dropped leaves rooting. They flower every year in mid winter, I never water them even in the summer. Its a plant that really just does best when its struggling.
    I've got a couple growing out the shingle on my greenhouse floor. They got there by dropped leaves rooting. They flower every year in mid winter, I never water them even in the summer. Its a plant that really just does best when its struggling.
    I've got a couple growing out the shingle on my greenhouse floor. They got there by dropped leaves rooting. They flower every year in mid winter, I never water them even in the summer. Its a...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Gay Gardener

Cranesbill recommendation

I have only two Geraniums in my garden at the moment GG as I'm limited for space (still under development) and I don't know the names of either. :doh:As time progresses I will have more no doubt. :)
    I have only two Geraniums in my garden at the moment GG as I'm limited for space (still under development) and I don't know the names of either. :doh:As time progresses I will have more no doubt. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. sal73
    Like x 5

Summer Bulbs

I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can buy from a builders merchant. But I wouldn't use...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the equivalent of builder's (or soft) sand that you can...
    I suspect that if you wash sea sand thoroughly it won't kill any plants. Its not porous so the salt only sticks to the surface and will wash off easily. However what you would then have the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Shaneoak

agapanthus advice

It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    It's cooler this year, around 28/30C :) and yes, it's a longer growing season. Very dry though. Attaboy! Three years from now we expect to see some wonderful photos :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Alisa

Streptocarpus

If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can suck the life out of the plant.We treated ours with a couple of drenches and things are looking up,...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can suck the life out of the plant.We treated ours...
    If its still growing so poorly at this time of the year, you might have a problem we have just experienced with our Fuchsias and Streps and thats the Root Mealy Bug, as those little critters can...
    spring2.jpg 001821.jpg 001824.jpg 001823.jpg 001828.jpg 001830.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Michael04

Banana plant

Many thanks to all for your help and advice :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice