1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title ↓
Replies Views
Last Message
  1. David E Peacock

Treatment of Tulip bulblets . . .

@PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I shall also consider following your lead in...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them and grow on the remainder in a nursery patch. I...
    @PeterS Thank you for your detailed reply, much appreciated. I do intend to leave my red tulips to remain in their next planting location, so I will plant the large of the plantlets with them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. SimonZ

Transplanting Sedum telephium

Love reading Christopher Lloyd
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. maggiev

Trailing wall plant for conservatory

Indeed,and so it seems, but surely they are the professionals and the client has no/limited skills in that area, and thus I think there should be a duty of care on the Supplier to inform the...
    Indeed,and so it seems, but surely they are the professionals and the client has no/limited skills in that area, and thus I think there should be a duty of care on the Supplier to inform the Client about the likely effects of limited ventilation. If the Client says No to ventilation then that's...
    Indeed,and so it seems, but surely they are the professionals and the client has no/limited skills in that area, and thus I think there should be a duty of care on the Supplier to inform the Client about the likely effects of limited ventilation....
    Indeed,and so it seems, but surely they are the professionals and the client has no/limited skills in that area, and thus I think there should be a duty of care on the Supplier to inform the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Lea

Tradescantia.

Yes, I did find some on there. Just hope they arrive in good condition. :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Lem
    Like x 6

Tradescantia Zebrina Fast Growing Plant [ Lovely Colour ]

I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if you're not careful.
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of but no photo, they can root into the next pot if...
    I have these as well, but I'm going to bring them into a shelter for the winter.I've also got T. zebrina in a hanging pot, and it has been in the sun , and another one I don't know the name of...
    image_67196673~2.JPG image_67174401~2.JPG DSC01886.JPG 000835.jpg 000838.jpg DSCF5930.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. ricky101

Tradescantia - Spider Lily

Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage...
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage with blue flowers.
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage with blue flowers.
    Well its up to you ricky if you don't like them get rid , its likely the supplier didn't know what colour they were going to be. I potted one on yesterday called sweet Katie its got yellow foliage...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. rosebay

Topdressing houseplants

No, keep top soil for the garden.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Mrjaywarren

Too late to sow seeds for summer?

It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. grai

too late to do hyacinths?

Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them . So carry on as you would of done and as soon as you see about a inch poking through bring them in...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them . So carry on as you would of done and as soon as...
    Hi and Welcome If you mean for a Christmas display ? yes it is to late to get them into flower but not to late to plant up have then for February / March in the house still time to plant them...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. KevinWX

Too late for petunias?

If you can find petunias for sale (should still be able to), then I'd say go for it. They're good right up til at least the end of summer and possibly right through autumn in my experience.
    If you can find petunias for sale (should still be able to), then I'd say go for it. They're good right up til at least the end of summer and possibly right through autumn in my experience.
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Shaneoak

Tips on growing Oriental Poppies

oh cheers. That's a good tip:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Plantminded

Tips for growing Anisodontea capensis

Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in another thread yesterday I’ve grown it before and your post reminded me, so thank you. A bit more...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in another thread yesterday I’ve grown it before and...
    Thank you all for your very helpful thoughts. I think I’ll put in a pot this year and overwinter it in the garage and see how it fares. I also bought a Fuchsia Delta’s Sara which you mentioned in...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Shaneoak

Tiny Delphinium's

Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be Larkspur. Not sure.
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been sold dwarf Delp's . Infact they might even be...
    Hi VerdunI do't know how you upload pics onto here, however, the flowers came out in the end and were a lovely sky blue and dark purple, although, on 2 foot spikes. I'm not sure if i have been...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Alisa
    Like x 6

Tillandsia - air plant

Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    blooms1.jpg march2014.jpg t.fuchsii.jpg lost_name.jpg lost_name2.jpg caput_medusae.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Kevin Cowans

Tidying Heuchera 'Melting Fire'

Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good idea to divide them at that point too, if you want more plants and even small pieces can be taken off,...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good idea to divide them at that point too, if you want...
    Hi @Kevin Cowans - heucheras often push themselves up out of the ground, and the purples seem to do it most. You can simply dig them up and replant a bit deeper without any problem. It's a good...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. sal73

Thunder God Vine

Cool Sal:dbgrtmb: I must say that after running the virus check it came out negative, it just made the poot go mad:dunno:
    Cool Sal:dbgrtmb: I must say that after running the virus check it came out negative, it just made the poot go mad:dunno:
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Val..

Thunbergia in hanging baskets

Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal) about 6 feet long and letting them cascade down...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking of planting them in a 4" soil pipe (horizontal)...
    Hoping its not to late to grow them.......brought a packet of T&M Thunbergia Salmon Shades and sowing tomorrow after soaking in water overnight............never grown these before and was thinking...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. ennnceee

Thunbergia (BES) more than one year?

I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be overwintered indoors. A friend grew them up a trellis and did cut them back, covered them overwinter and...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be overwintered indoors. A friend grew them up a trellis and...
    I agree with you Harry they are touch tender - best treated as an annual as the new plants are always better than the saved thunbergia plants. However if grown in a pot they do need to be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Grounded

Thuja standishii shaping advice

Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from the bottom third of the trunk though, for aesthetic reasons! Try starting at the bottom and go slowly,...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from the bottom third of the trunk though, for aesthetic...
    Hello I'd be tempted to remove the branches from the lower trunk as you have described. I've raised the crown on most of the trees in my garden for the same reason. I'd only take branches from...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Mr Grinch
    Like x 8

The Ultimate Hellebore Thread

I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They haven't so far. I got a common variety, can't...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross fingers). But will they flower this year? They...
    I love this plant. Saw them in parent's neighbour's garden and got some of my own this autumn as plug plants. I planted them straight out, and so far apparently they are not to slugs taste ((cross...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice