1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Other Plants

Any Other Plants Not Covered In Other Areas, Including House Plants Can Be Found Here

Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1. Esoxlucius

Calatheas

Ctenanthe flowers don't come from the base - there's a flower stem visible top left in my photo, above (not open yet, and they're fairly unremarkable when they do, at least on this variety).
    Ctenanthe flowers don't come from the base - there's a flower stem visible top left in my photo, above (not open yet, and they're fairly unremarkable when they do, at least on this variety).
    Replies:
    Views:
  2. Anthony Rogers
    Like x 9

Not shown any houseplants yet, so here goes........

I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    I killed my Beaucarnea somehow, it was only a little baby. Tempted to try again now.
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Sheal
    Like x 8

Choisya

I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    I agree with Armandii - I think you have to go for it - such a shame after all that it went through during the bad weather.
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Rika

Help needed! Hydrangea problem!

Hello @Rika :sign0016: to the forum and nice to have you with us...your in good hands with @Verdun and @ARMANDII as they do know their plants :)
    Hello @Rika :sign0016: to the forum and nice to have you with us...your in good hands with @Verdun and @ARMANDII as they do know their plants :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. amymac78

Tree peony

Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Mine is looking similar. It did have one bud but it dried/shrivelled up? I think it got too dry in the greenhouse. I'm going to plant mine in my new raised bed and hope for flowers next year.
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. tracy carter

telegraph plant

i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune. here's hoping they don't croak in the process.
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with other plants so its taking me a while to fine tune....
    i think it's gotta be humidity. kinda tricky keeping the rh up when i need to constantly vent the lights. yeah its winter here. going to try the wet towel wick method. never had an issue with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sarah Eley

Help with our dogwood...

Thanks Sarah :) Feedback is always important.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Alisa
    Like x 6

Tillandsia - air plant

Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    Summer layout:
    blooms1.jpg march2014.jpg t.fuchsii.jpg lost_name.jpg lost_name2.jpg caput_medusae.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. demoneye

Overgrown Buddleia

They are tough as old boots so don't be afraid that you'll kill it with a trim. The mature wood has a hollow stem and eight inch sections in a bundle make nice insect 'hotels'.
    They are tough as old boots so don't be afraid that you'll kill it with a trim. The mature wood has a hollow stem and eight inch sections in a bundle make nice insect 'hotels'.
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. nFrost

How low can you grow a Leylandii

Thanks all, I'll advise him that it'll look ugly and probably a bit daft too! Yes the trunks have ivy growing up them, they were like that when we moved in last year. I've removed a lot of the...
    Thanks all, I'll advise him that it'll look ugly and probably a bit daft too! Yes the trunks have ivy growing up them, they were like that when we moved in last year. I've removed a lot of the ivy that was trailing through the leylandii branches so it didn't look so bad. I quite like it too!
    Thanks all, I'll advise him that it'll look ugly and probably a bit daft too! Yes the trunks have ivy growing up them, they were like that when we moved in last year. I've removed a lot of the ivy that was trailing through the leylandii...
    Thanks all, I'll advise him that it'll look ugly and probably a bit daft too! Yes the trunks have ivy growing up them, they were like that when we moved in last year. I've removed a lot of the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Mrjaywarren

Too late to sow seeds for summer?

It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    It's definitely not too late. I'll be sowing marigolds, cosmos, nemophila, linaria "fairy bouquet" and california poppys this week. Most I will direct sow into containers.
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. kamchow

Cymbidiums and Phalaenopsis help

excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    excellent, thanks sue.
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Fat Controller

Dahlia XXXL

Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis flower. But otherwise I would have said they were very different plants. Imperialis has very...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis flower. But otherwise I would have said they were...
    Hi - Madahhlia. I too had read that D. excelsa was just a varient of imperialis. Excelsa had several flowers for me and they do seem to be very similar to pictures I have seen of the imperialis...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Jules W

Dracaena - Wrinkled Stem

Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it...
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it looks like the roots are all at the top of the pot and maybe no going down to the bottom.
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it looks like the roots are all at the top of the pot...
    Only thing that crosses my mind is, as you say the compost feels dry and it dries out quickly are you giving it a thorough watering and then letting it dry out. Only in one of the pictures it...
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Verdun

Echinaceas

Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and keep packing plants in the borders and try to grow anything I see and like: I...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and keep packing plants in the borders and try to grow...
    Hi Verdun, I'm envious of other members gardens believe me!!! Some of the gardens displayed in the pics are tremendous and show a lot of devotion and passion. I'm afraid I just bumble along and...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Jupes

Lupin help please

Cut off the affected flower spikes Jupes, spray with epsom salts and await replacement flowers in a couple of weeks or so! :) You may even see the beginnings of more flower spikes now if you look...
    Cut off the affected flower spikes Jupes, spray with epsom salts and await replacement flowers in a couple of weeks or so! :) You may even see the beginnings of more flower spikes now if you look into the foliage :)
    Cut off the affected flower spikes Jupes, spray with epsom salts and await replacement flowers in a couple of weeks or so! :) You may even see the beginnings of more flower spikes now if you look into the foliage :)
    Cut off the affected flower spikes Jupes, spray with epsom salts and await replacement flowers in a couple of weeks or so! :) You may even see the beginnings of more flower spikes now if you look...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. Auntpol

dianthus

You caused a bit of a panic there Dave ! It had me diving for my 2nd year chemistry book . I have been adding lime to some flower beds - thought I had turned them into bleach beds :snork:
    You caused a bit of a panic there Dave ! It had me diving for my 2nd year chemistry book . I have been adding lime to some flower beds - thought I had turned them into bleach beds :snork:
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Gay Gardener

Moth Orchid cutting back

Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to grow.I tend to just leave mine to do their own thing and the buds I am sure will grow bigger.It might...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to grow.I tend to just leave mine to do their own thing...
    Ah that is what they are called (claw grips,Thanks)Where do you keep your plant @Gay Gardener?When mine are flowering I tend to put them on the windowsill and that seems to help the buds to...
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Nikolaos

Achillea millefolium, just how invasive is it?

I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's just where it is. Added yellow variety this year.
    I have wild achilleas on my lawn, love leaves. On the edge of the lawn I let it to flower. Love their nice and neat look for a long. finished just cut stems away. Wouldn't say it spreads. It's...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. barryman

Lavender Toscane - indoors???

Pretty sure Lavandula 'Toscane' is a stoechas, so -5C is about the limit of what it will take, and it will hate having its feet wet - so clay soil etc. is not good. It will be happy living in a...
    Pretty sure Lavandula 'Toscane' is a stoechas, so -5C is about the limit of what it will take, and it will hate having its feet wet - so clay soil etc. is not good. It will be happy living in a pot though, brought into some protection for the winter - frost free greenhouse / unheated...
    Pretty sure Lavandula 'Toscane' is a stoechas, so -5C is about the limit of what it will take, and it will hate having its feet wet - so clay soil etc. is not good. It will be happy living in a pot though, brought into some protection for the...
    Pretty sure Lavandula 'Toscane' is a stoechas, so -5C is about the limit of what it will take, and it will hate having its feet wet - so clay soil etc. is not good. It will be happy living in a...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice