Pests, Diseases and Cures

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Marley Farley

Cat Deterrent Talk.? All post of this nature in this thread only.. Humane talk only please.!

I would possibly have trouble with them as we had to have our burglar alarm readjusted from the standard setting when it was fitted. The engineers said they had to put it on 'dog' setting for me :heehee:...
    I would possibly have trouble with them as we had to have our burglar alarm readjusted from the standard setting when it was fitted. The engineers said they had to put it on 'dog' setting for me :heehee: so that dogs can no longer hear it. :noidea:
    I would possibly have trouble with them as we had to have our burglar alarm readjusted from the standard setting when it was fitted. The engineers said they had to put it on 'dog' setting for me :heehee: so that dogs can no longer hear it. :noidea:
    I would possibly have trouble with them as we had to have our burglar alarm readjusted from the standard setting when it was fitted. The engineers said they had to put it on 'dog' setting for me :heehee:...
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Kandy
    Like x 6

Lily Beetles and Larva...

Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Strangely they ate my cream little but two orange ones survive. I knocked one off my plant and squared it under my foot, left a great big red blob on the patio
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. Marley Farley
    Like x 3

Did you know.... WASPS HATE PEPPERMINT..!!

Of my god, that's the first time I hear about this...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5. Marley Farley

An Organic Mite Control Spray for your Greenhouse..!!

Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly .....no sprays other than water for me on edible...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was rife. I lightly sprayed with water regularly...
    Hiya Daisybelle :) As often as possible but for me 2 or 3 times is enough......an evening spray would keep foliage damp all night. I had peaches in a conservatory a few years back and red spider was...
    Replies:
    Views:
  6. Marley Farley
    Locked Sticky

Safe ways to deter Cats from your Garden Information only..

Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found. Garlic, in a spray, which contains garlic oil also...
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will eventually keep them away from the area I have found....
    Cayenne or black pepper can be sprinkled around garden in your borders and anywhere you don't want them to go. This is rather unpleasant but harmless and apart from some sneezing it will...
    Replies:
    Views:
  7.   » Normal Threads
  8. MadMare

Mares Tail battle!

Oh what a lovely sight :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. The Pea Of Sweetness

Slugs, slugs and guess what.....more slugs!!

Hi Poppy, Yes it's the quick fix and the instant solution that people go for. Too many people see instant television garden make overs by designers who know nothing about gardening. So they go...
    Hi Poppy, Yes it's the quick fix and the instant solution that people go for. Too many people see instant television garden make overs by designers who know nothing about gardening. So they go to the garden centres, buy plants in bloom, dig holes and then scatter pellets as thick as confetti...
    Hi Poppy, Yes it's the quick fix and the instant solution that people go for. Too many people see instant television garden make overs by designers who know nothing about gardening. So they go to the garden centres, buy plants in bloom, dig...
    Hi Poppy, Yes it's the quick fix and the instant solution that people go for. Too many people see instant television garden make overs by designers who know nothing about gardening. So they go...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. ccmiller

question about the anti-cat thread ban...

Yes, sorry. They're not seedlings as I wrongly and completely misleadingly wrote. They were put in a nursery bed as small softwood cuttings (4-6'' long) in March last year to root. In July I put...
    Yes, sorry. They're not seedlings as I wrongly and completely misleadingly wrote. They were put in a nursery bed as small softwood cuttings (4-6'' long) in March last year to root. In July I put them in their destined bed but they've been getting a bit flooded and frosted recently. What with the...
    Yes, sorry. They're not seedlings as I wrongly and completely misleadingly wrote. They were put in a nursery bed as small softwood cuttings (4-6'' long) in March last year to root. In July I put them in their destined bed but they've been getting...
    Yes, sorry. They're not seedlings as I wrongly and completely misleadingly wrote. They were put in a nursery bed as small softwood cuttings (4-6'' long) in March last year to root. In July I put...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Kristen

Reducing Slug / Snail Population

That's brilliant GG..Keep us posted with your progress.You've just reminded me to use my Nemaslug potion:thumbsup:
    That's brilliant GG..Keep us posted with your progress.You've just reminded me to use my Nemaslug potion:thumbsup:
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Fat Controller

Fox!

We need fox's to eat dead wild animals so don't shoot them all, some farmers herds have had some cows/beef animals dieing from Botuism because they have pick up dead carcass of wild animals with...
    We need fox's to eat dead wild animals so don't shoot them all, some farmers herds have had some cows/beef animals dieing from Botuism because they have pick up dead carcass of wild animals with the forage harvester and it's gone into the silage for the animals to eat also where the carcass of...
    We need fox's to eat dead wild animals so don't shoot them all, some farmers herds have had some cows/beef animals dieing from Botuism because they have pick up dead carcass of wild animals with the forage harvester and it's gone into the silage...
    We need fox's to eat dead wild animals so don't shoot them all, some farmers herds have had some cows/beef animals dieing from Botuism because they have pick up dead carcass of wild animals with...
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. fmay

Snails!

:D :D :D :D :D you had better get a few of these to calm your nerves, then get to the shops for a wig
    :D :D :D :D :D you had better get a few of these to calm your nerves, then get to the shops for a wig
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. JWK

Vegetable Growing 2022

Ah yes!Thanks JWK - very helpful.The fluff stays on then.
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. pamsdish

SLUGS

GOT IT! Just been out to the greenhouse with a torch and found the little b***er that's been munching my tomato seedlings for the past couple of nights. :yes: :paladin: Now I can sleep easy.
    GOT IT! Just been out to the greenhouse with a torch and found the little b***er that's been munching my tomato seedlings for the past couple of nights. :yes: :paladin: Now I can sleep easy.
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. Muddy14

Wasps nest

suppose you could have called it overkill, but we had 25kg of the stuff, so there was enough to go around.
    suppose you could have called it overkill, but we had 25kg of the stuff, so there was enough to go around.
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. The Pea Of Sweetness

Slugs, slugs and guess what.....more slugs!!

P of S - has your neighbour got a pond. I have no pond in my garden yet it is alive with frogs of all ages - because not only has my neighbour a pond, but the conditions are right for them in my...
    P of S - has your neighbour got a pond. I have no pond in my garden yet it is alive with frogs of all ages - because not only has my neighbour a pond, but the conditions are right for them in my gardenFrogs like shady places amongst foliage, where the slugs and other things they feed on lurk....
    P of S - has your neighbour got a pond. I have no pond in my garden yet it is alive with frogs of all ages - because not only has my neighbour a pond, but the conditions are right for them in my gardenFrogs like shady places amongst foliage,...
    P of S - has your neighbour got a pond. I have no pond in my garden yet it is alive with frogs of all ages - because not only has my neighbour a pond, but the conditions are right for them in my...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Hannah

Getting rid of slugs/snails

nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    nuke the blighters!
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Bulletguy

WEEDS....how do I get rid of this??

I made up that vinegar, salt and washing up liquid solution and sprayed the stuff coming through the drive a couple of days ago..it is looking rather brown and crispy now! Just need to try and get...
    I made up that vinegar, salt and washing up liquid solution and sprayed the stuff coming through the drive a couple of days ago..it is looking rather brown and crispy now! Just need to try and get it on the stuff in the borders now withough killing the other plants!
    I made up that vinegar, salt and washing up liquid solution and sprayed the stuff coming through the drive a couple of days ago..it is looking rather brown and crispy now! Just need to try and get it on the stuff in the borders now withough...
    I made up that vinegar, salt and washing up liquid solution and sprayed the stuff coming through the drive a couple of days ago..it is looking rather brown and crispy now! Just need to try and get...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Heucherella
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. gingernutsman

Squirrels

At last I have found the squirell's Dray. It is up about 50ft in an old beech tree at the side of the wood next to the house. They keep coming down every other day or so because it is so cold here...
    At last I have found the squirell's Dray. It is up about 50ft in an old beech tree at the side of the wood next to the house. They keep coming down every other day or so because it is so cold here just now -3 degrees at night. The young ones are still quite brave and wait till the last minute...
    At last I have found the squirell's Dray. It is up about 50ft in an old beech tree at the side of the wood next to the house. They keep coming down every other day or so because it is so cold here just now -3 degrees at night. The young ones are...
    At last I have found the squirell's Dray. It is up about 50ft in an old beech tree at the side of the wood next to the house. They keep coming down every other day or so because it is so cold here...
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Adamoxo

Need help in understanding why my house has been overrun with aphids/greenflies

We had a problem with fruit flies in the house earlier on this year. We didn't know where they were coming from until I noticed some in an unopened pack of grapes we got in that week's grocery...
    We had a problem with fruit flies in the house earlier on this year. We didn't know where they were coming from until I noticed some in an unopened pack of grapes we got in that week's grocery delivery. We stopped buying those grapes (from a large supermarket chain beginning with the letter T :whistle:...
    We had a problem with fruit flies in the house earlier on this year. We didn't know where they were coming from until I noticed some in an unopened pack of grapes we got in that week's grocery delivery. We stopped buying those grapes (from a...
    We had a problem with fruit flies in the house earlier on this year. We didn't know where they were coming from until I noticed some in an unopened pack of grapes we got in that week's grocery...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. froot

Squirrels

Is it really? I didn't know that, oops.
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. merleworld

Why so many aphids this year?

Blue Tits will have had a lot of them while feeding their young. Saw my first Ladybird of the year today, and the Honeybees have finally found the Borage patch :)
    Blue Tits will have had a lot of them while feeding their young. Saw my first Ladybird of the year today, and the Honeybees have finally found the Borage patch :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. RandyRos

rabbits!

I thought that it would be more difficult to get a license for a .22 gun than a shotgun. But are the .22 bullets cheaper if you can get a license? apart from shotgun cartridges being very...
    I thought that it would be more difficult to get a license for a .22 gun than a shotgun. But are the .22 bullets cheaper if you can get a license? apart from shotgun cartridges being very expensive i gather they are not particularly accurate. More point in the right direction than a precision...
    I thought that it would be more difficult to get a license for a .22 gun than a shotgun. But are the .22 bullets cheaper if you can get a license? apart from shotgun cartridges being very expensive i gather they are not particularly accurate....
    I thought that it would be more difficult to get a license for a .22 gun than a shotgun. But are the .22 bullets cheaper if you can get a license? apart from shotgun cartridges being very...
    Replies:
    Views:
  26. r2oo

Damping off.....your experiences/solutions please!

Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the...
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the bank first thing in the morning!!
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the bank first thing in the morning!!
    Cheers dendrobium.I filled in the details,got to credit card details and have just spent the last 10 minuites searching for the card.I`ve probably thrown it in the bin! :( Must telephone the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  27. Upsydaisy

Harts Tongue Fern

I have two in hanging baskets.
    IMG_20210202_144151_hdr.jpg upload_2021-2-2_23-11-47.png upload_2021-2-2_23-15-28.png upload_2021-2-2_23-22-38.png IMG_20200626_133324.jpg DSC00742.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice